X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Liberate City" Problem

From the Apolyton_README file:

2006-06-09 (Revision 587)
    Added: Capture City options: Occupy, Liberate(give to barbs), and Raze (needs to be improved and should be more similar to those of ApolytonPack)

I was running some tests of the Apolyton-compatible Cradle 3+ scenario and discovered that if you conquer a city and then choose the "Liberate" option, your conquering army is trapped inside the city and cannot leave. I'm pretty sure this is because the city is now surrounded by a Barbarian-owned ZOC (which includes the city hex itself), and the army cannot move from one enemy controlled hex into another.

Is there a fix for this? It's a pretty serious issue since it effectively eliminates a very interesting city conquest option.
    To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

As reported in the Cradle 3+ thread, there is a "fix" (which may create more problems than it solves) and a separate workaround for coastal cities.
    To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

Working...
    X