Compiled with MS VS 2017 and Windows SDK 10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compiled with MS VS 2017 and Windows SDK 10

Somehow I managed to build CtP2 (from trunk) with modern toolset. What works now:
    0) It starts
    1) Initial screen
    2) Sprite test in debug build - had to fix a small bug
    3) Settings
    4) Credits
    5) New game configuration
    6) Scenario editor
    What does not work:
    1) New game - progress bar get filled up to about 80% and then all stucks
    3) Load game - stucks after button click
    Can anybody confirm that trunk works?
    Can anybody help me?

OK. I did some refactoring (replaced ****load of raw pointers by smart pointers, but ****ton still there, DInput8, added paths to all include directives), but I still can't start game. It seems to me that it is UI problem because game engine itself works while UI does not. No assertion fails, segfaults etc.

Comment

So... I did it! It works now but only in windowed mode. Now I am going to:
      1) Switch to DirectDraw7 and fix fullscreen troubles.
      2) Eliminate as much raw pointers as I can.
      3) Fix late-game crashes. Both CtP2 and Apolyton edition frequently crash at late game phase.

Comment

OK, DirectDraw* is dead. it seems to me that I have to rework sprite engine in D3D11.It's a fckton of work but definitely doable. God help me but I want to implement all graphics using D3D11.
        PS God bless developers of CtP2, I just dont understand how they managed to implement all that raw pointers logic. That was time of heroes.

Comment

PS I created the new project on github: https://github.com/RolandTaverner/ctp2. Hope it does not violate the EULA.

Comment

You are our savior! Thank you for all your efforts!
            I tried to compile the source code months ago but i could not get it to work.
            Again, much thanks for your contribution!

Comment

These changes are also part of the new official GIT repos: https://github.com/civctp2/civctp2/tree/RolandTaverner
              The project is looking for contribuitions for automated testing on travis for windows builds!

Comment

Now I working on complete DirectDraw replacement.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander Verbitsky View Post
                  Now I working on complete DirectDraw replacement.
                  Why do you want to do that? So far everything works at https://github.com/civctp2/civctp2/tree/master. Compiled on Windows 10 with VS 2017 and the Win10 SDK. The game loads in full screen. Wonder movies are playing, well once I had installed the correct codecs. However the intro movie plays but only with sound and sometimes even with pictures. There is a bug with the sound, the music does not repeat and the debug version gives an assert when starting the game and music is on. But otherwise it is fine.

-Martin
                  Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Hi Martin. There are several reasons.
                    First, DirectDraw is so obsolete and even is not "direct" anymore. Since Windows 8 it's emulated through GDI. Also I want 32 bpp support, windowed mode and 4k display support with interface scaling.
                    Second, I want to split UI logic and rendering in order to be able to implement rendering using any graphics library.
                    Third, why not? It will take at least several months but I'm ready to accept this challenge.

Comment

Working...
                    X