Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Apolyton CTP2 Edition: Revision 1097 (07-Jun-2010)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mapfi View Post
    Got a problem with this one. the game crashes when I end the turn. Martin, can you help?

[ATTACH]167065[/ATTACH]
    Martin, this save hits an assert on line 3134 in Governor.cpp and I have no idea why or how. It looks like something you recently worked on so I'll leave it to you
    Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
    CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
    One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Originally posted by GlassDeviant View Post
      Is it a known problem that the bombard and expel buttons cause crashes on rare occasions?

Sometimes I can get it to not crash by exhausting the turns of all other non-fortified or sentried units before using the buttons, but other times I cannot.
      The problem is getting worse, it is now happening with the terraform - plains button and the advanced farm button as well. I wouldn't know if it had something to do with the button panel or the buttons themselves, or the graphics routines surrounding their invocation or what.

Sometimes it happens when I click the button, other times when I move the mouse away from the button to use the tool.

The only changes I have made are to some of the text files, to allow for larger cities and more cities per government type, as follows:

buildings.txt
      --------------
      IMPROVE_AQUA_FILTER
      RaiseOvercrowdingLevel 9
      RaiseMaxPopulation 21

IMPROVE_AQUEDUCT
      RaiseOvercrowdingLevel 9
      RaiseMaxPopulation 21

IMPROVE_ARCOLOGIES
      RaiseOvercrowdingLevel 16
      RaiseMaxPopulation 21

IMPROVE_BODY_EXCHANGE
      RaiseOvercrowdingLevel 21

IMPROVE_DRUG_STORE
      RaiseOvercrowdingLevel 7

IMPROVE_HOSPITAL
      RaiseOvercrowdingLevel 12

IMPROVE_INCUBATION_CENTER
      RaiseOvercrowdingLevel 21

citysize#.txt
      --------------
      CITYSIZE_ZERO through CITYSIZE_FIVE
      BaseOvercrowding 6
      BaseMaxPop 24

CITYSIZE_SIX
      Population 101
      MaxWorkers 101
      BaseOvercrowding 6
      BaseMaxPop 24

govern.txt
      --------------
      GOVERNMENT_COMMUNISM
      TooManyCitiesThreshold 70

GOVERNMENT_CORPORATE_REPUBLIC
      TooManyCitiesThreshold 90

GOVERNMENT_DEMOCRACY

GOVERNMENT_ECOTOPIA
      TooManyCitiesThreshold 120

GOVERNMENT_FASCISM

GOVERNMENT_MONARCHY
      TooManyCitiesThreshold 50

GOVERNMENT_REPUBLIC

GOVERNMENT_TECHNOCRACY
      TooManyCitiesThreshold 90

GOVERNMENT_THEOCRACY

GOVERNMENT_TYRANNY
      TooManyCitiesThreshold 25

GOVERNMENT_VIRTUAL_DEMOCRACY
      TooManyCitiesThreshold 120
      Last edited by GlassDeviant; November 8, 2010, 09:25.

Comment

Originally posted by Maquiladora View Post
        Have you actually discovered the obsoleting advance or are you suggesting we change the obsoleting advance of some units? It's normal that you can still build hoplites for a while after you've discovered pikemen, for example so you can build a cheaper garrison unit. Unless you can still build hoplites after you've discovered gunpowder, which should obsolete them. That would be a bug.
        I'm sure that there should not be any canons and cavalry when I have fusion tanks... it's either a bug or the obsoleting advance on some of the untis that I mentioned is not set right...

Comment

Finished a full game with a Gaia-Controller victory. Now I' ll wait for someone (Martin hopefully?) to do some more of his magic ;-)

One thing I noticed in the late game: The AI is quite aggressive in attacking its rivals but it does not dare to go after the human player. First, that's a mistake - it assures me an easy win by watching and nibbling away at all AIs kingdoms; and second it makes the game boring. I suggest there should be a built in strategy favoring attacks on the human player and an incentive for the AIs to team up against the human player if they both have it in low regard.

Of my previously noted bugs/issues, I wanted to list the following in order of decreasing importance:
          - alliances and military treaty with AIs. See prior post but these seem not to work as the AI breaks them way too quickly and stupidly (i.e. without having a force to make an impact) once it has units on my land
          - stealth unit picture apearing in the wrong spot
          - AIs building aircraft carriers for "lakes" that were 3 and 4 tiles large. It seems exploring in ancient times works fine though
          - clean up obsoleting advances for units - maybe I'll even do that, should not be too difficult

Btw, it would help to write the exact rules around the Gaia-Controller into the great library, i.e. how many satellites/controllers needed for maximum range of the emitters, and how much coverage is needed. I'm not sure I know.

Comment

so I am an old ctp fan. Have aom iv, downloaded in 2006 or 07. I have not been to any forum for a few years. stan seemed to be done working on this, and yet I now see a 2009 and 2010 ctp updat. question. if i donwloan the 2010, will I miss something becuase I dont have 2009? I prpbably have not updated anything in 3 years. just download 2010 and it updates everything?? also I changed some files myself along the way...will that be a problem. shall i just go for it. it seems to solve some glotiches, especially the damm cant attck anyone glitch. thanks in advance.

Comment

seems like people aren't that active these days. Boosterc4: If you download the most recent playtest, you have got all the files, you don't need to download earlier versions. Likely, it'll also replace the files in which you would have made any changes but if you want to be sure, just do a clean install of CtP2 and then copy the most recent playtest files into it.

Comment

thanks mapfi. I installed the newest version and it went fine. Yet I still have the problem where after you capture a few empires, the attach ability stops. I have seen comments about that. What is the fix for that? What file?

Comment

OK. me thinks i figured it out. i download into ctp2 file as instructed. yet when i downlaoded all the aom stuff in the past, it created an aom5.5.05 file. that is obviously where the game is played. so i re-installed into this file, and wow. launched program and an entriely new start screen came up. so i think i shall give this a play and maybe i am cooking with gas now. I am highly intelligent but not a computer whiz, yet messing with these files over the years makes me pretend that i am competent

Comment

seems like you've got. you don't need any mods if you play with the newest playtest version. you may still want to try to use them but they may not work properly. most of the stuff the mods correct is AI behaviour which the playtest does take care of.

Comment

New kinda crash

Playing the 1097 v ersion of CTP2AE with Cradle III - Phoenix (EPIC - 2300AD) and I get the following CTD right before I see "color bar" switch to red for the barbarians.

Version 2010-06-08
                      0x007e7b39 [?Get_Totally_Complete@Goal@@ABE_NXZ + 0x89]
                      0x007e6f28 [?Compute_Raw_Priority@Goal@@QAEHXZ + 0x38]
                      0x007e0972 [?Prioritize_Goals@Scheduler@@QAE_NXZ + 0xc2]
                      0x007e0168 [?Process_Goal_Changes@Scheduler@@QAEXXZ + 0x138]
                      0x00800c43 [?GEVHookCallback@CtpAi_BeginSchedulerEvent@@EAE?AW 4GAME_EVENT_HOOK_DISPOSITION@@W4GAME_EVENT@@PAVGam eEventArgList@@@Z + 0x73]
                      0x00581297 [?Activate@GameEventHook@@QBE?AW4GAME_EVENT_ERR@@PA VGameEventArgList@@HAAH@Z + 0x37]
                      0x00581c58 [?ActivateHook@GameEventManager@@QAE?AW4GAME_EVENT_ ERR@@W4GAME_EVENT@@PAVGameEventArgList@@HAAH@Z + 0x28]
                      0x0057fd7d [?Process@GameEvent@@QAE?AW4GAME_EVENT_ERR@@XZ + 0x2d]
                      0x0040c211 [?Process@CivApp@@QAEHXZ + 0x201]
                      0x00406e74 [?CivMain@@YGHPAUHINSTANCE__@@0PADH@Z + 0x394]
                      0x004068a5 [WinMain@16 + 0x65]
                      0x0080fbdc [WinMainCRTStartup + 0x134]
                      0x763ad0e9 [__onexitbegin + 0x759d4191]
                      0x779519bb [__onexitbegin + 0x76f78a63]
                      0x7795198e [__onexitbegin + 0x76f78a36]
                      Attached Files

Comment

so i downlaoded the new version. got it from the ctp2 beureau site. games plays, but the road improvment depicts a hydropnic farm picture or something. it costs as much and functions like a road, but irretating. the graze farm icon is fine. early in game so i cant test other icons..or go to cheat mode? not sure where to find the coomand that tell what pic a road will be...tga file right? no one else seems to have this prob in searching here. any ideas?

Comment

ok sorry for all the sudden posts. I figured this out.
                          this new update is for ctp2 only. loaded it there and ran just ctp2 and it works. I had the AOM updates through aom4 and went through those files for this update. it does not work with aom. too bad. aom is good with a glitch that this could have solved. the cannot attack when civ conquered syndrome. been a long time since i just played ctp2. this is a great update to that game though i like aom better and it seems to look and play better. thank you for your patience.

Comment

Help ! Try to click on link above,get a not found on this server msg.I want to try this mod but can't find It.Also Instructions are all-ways helpful to get it right.

Comment

Hello again, and a happy new year!

I used this first day of the new year for good and discovered a new kind of crash -- which tells the following about itself:

Code:
                              Version 2010-06-07
                                0x007e7b39  [?Get_Totally_Complete@Goal@@ABE_NXZ + 0x89]
                                0x007e6f28  [?Compute_Raw_Priority@Goal@@QAEHXZ + 0x38]
                                0x007e0972  [?Prioritize_Goals@Scheduler@@QAE_NXZ + 0xc2]
                                0x007e0168  [?Process_Goal_Changes@Scheduler@@QAEXXZ + 0x138]
                                0x00800c43  [?GEVHookCallback@CtpAi_BeginSchedulerEvent@@EAE?AW4GAME_EVENT_HOOK_DISPOSITION@@W4GAME_EVENT@@PAVGameEventArgList@@@Z + 0x73]
                                0x00581297  [?Activate@GameEventHook@@QBE?AW4GAME_EVENT_ERR@@PAVGameEventArgList@@HAAH@Z + 0x37]
                                0x00581c58  [?ActivateHook@GameEventManager@@QAE?AW4GAME_EVENT_ERR@@W4GAME_EVENT@@PAVGameEventArgList@@HAAH@Z + 0x28]
                                0x0057fd7d  [?Process@GameEvent@@QAE?AW4GAME_EVENT_ERR@@XZ + 0x2d]
                                0x0040c211  [?Process@CivApp@@QAEHXZ + 0x201]
                                0x006f1c8e  [?CheckForEasterEggs@ChatWindow@@QAEHPAD@Z + 0x12e]
                                0x006f1b06  [?ChatCallback@ChatWindow@@SAXPAVaui_Control@@IIPAX@Z + 0x66]
                                0x0067b4b2  [?TextFieldWindowProc@@YGJPAUHWND__@@IIJ@Z + 0xa2]
                                0x76336238  [__onexitbegin + 0x7595d2e0]
                                0x763368ea  [__onexitbegin + 0x7595d992]
                                0x76337d31  [__onexitbegin + 0x7595edd9]
                                0x76338112  [__onexitbegin + 0x7595f1ba]
                                0x00406eb2  [?CivMain@@YGHPAUHINSTANCE__@@0PADH@Z + 0x3d2]
                                0x004068a5  [WinMain@16 + 0x65]
                                0x0080fbdc  [WinMainCRTStartup + 0x134]
                                0x76233677  [__onexitbegin + 0x7585a71f]
                                0x77019d42  [__onexitbegin + 0x76640dea]
                                0x77019d15  [__onexitbegin + 0x76640dbd]
                              This one occurs during the barbarian's turn -- regularily some turns after they have gained one or more cities through revolts. The crash happens right after the messages about items that have been completed and will be built in these cities.

I am also trying to create barb-specific units like robbers and robber barons, terrorists and terror commandos etc. To achieve this (and other things ...) I introduced barbarian governments ("early gang", "autonomous collective", and "advanced gang"). Now I want to make let's say a robber baron buildable only for good old barbs and so I add GovernmentOnly to the unitrecord:

Code:
                              UNIT_ROBBER_BARON {
                                  DefaultIcon ICON_UNIT_ROBBER_BARON
                                  Description DESCRIPTION_UNIT_WARRIOR
                                  DefaultSprite SPRITE_ROBBER_BARON
                                  Category UNIT_CATEGORY_FLANKER
                                  UpgradeTo UNIT_TERRORIST
                                  UpgradeTo UNIT_BARB_TANK
                                  Attack 25
                                  Defense 20
                                  ZBRangeAttack 0
                                  Firepower 1
                                  Armor 1
                                  MaxHP 15
                                  ShieldCost 360
                                  PowerPoints 10
                                  ShieldHunger 0
                                  FoodHunger 0
                                  GoldHunger 0
                                  MaxMovePoints 300
                                  VisionRange 1
                                  EnableAdvance ADVANCE_FEUDALISM
                                  ObsoleteAdvance ADVANCE_FLINTLOCK
                                  [B]GovernmentOnly GOVERNMENT_EARLY_GANG[/B]
                                  BombardRange 0
                                  ActiveDefenseRange 0
                                  MaxFuel 0
                                  CanAttack: Land
                                  CanSee: Standard
                                  CanSee: Stealth
                                  MovementType: Land
                                  Size: Small
                                  VisionClass: Standard
                                  IgnoreZOC
                                  SoundSelect1 SOUND_SELECT1_KNIGHT
                                  SoundSelect2 SOUND_SELECT2_KNIGHT
                                  SoundMove SOUND_MOVE_KNIGHT
                                  SoundAcknowledge SOUND_ACKNOWLEDGE_KNIGHT
                                  SoundCantMove SOUND_CANTMOVE_KNIGHT
                                  SoundAttack SOUND_ATTACK_KNIGHT
                                  SoundWork SOUND_WORK_KNIGHT
                                  SoundVictory SOUND_VICTORY_KNIGHT
                                  SoundDeath SOUND_DEATH_KNIGHT
                                  LossMoveToDmgNone
                                  CanEntrench
                                  CanExpel
                                  CanPillage
                                  CanPirate
                                  NoSlaves
                                  ExertsMartialLaw
                                  DeathEffectsHappy
                                  IsFlanker
                                  IsMounted
                                  IsSpecialForces
                                  CanReform {
                                      Sound SOUND_ID_REFORM_CITY
                                      Effect SPECEFFECT_REFORMCITY
                                  }
                                  SettlerSlaveRaids {
                                      Sound SOUND_ID_SETTLER_SLAVE_RAIDS
                                      Effect SPECEFFECT_SETTLER_SLAVE_RAIDS
                                  }
                                  SlaveRaids {
                                      Chance 0.75
                                      DeathChance 0.5
                                      Timer 2
                                      Amount 4
                                      Sound SOUND_ID_SLAVE_RAIDS
                                      Effect SPECEFFECT_SLAVE_RAIDS
                                  }
                                  InciteRevolution {
                                      Chance 0.25
                                      EliteChance 0.35
                                      DeathChance 0.5
                                      Sound SOUND_ID_INCITE_REVOLUTION_SP
                                      Effect SPECEFFECT_INCITE_REVOLUTION
                                  }
                              }
                              Now when I play as the barbs and open their citybuildlist the unit is not available -- although they have the required advance and are under the right "government" . The strange thing is that GovernmentOnly does work for other governments and units.

In turn I tried to make some units unavailable for good old barbs using NoBarbarian. Unfortunately I have to report that the idea for this variable is excellent but it doesnt't seem to have any effect.
                              The modding knowledgebase: CTP2 Bureau (with CTP2 AE Modding Wiki). Modern Times Mod (work in progress): MoT-Mod for CTP2.

Comment

Originally posted by Johndytt View Post
                                Help ! Try to click on link above,get a not found on this server msg.I want to try this mod but can't find It.Also Instructions are all-ways helpful to get it right.
                                As I said in second page I'm hosting the file on my site until further notice. Just use the link in my sig and go to Dowloads. It's inside temp folder for now at least.
                                Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Petrell's Domain Webmaster

Comment

Working...
                                X