Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Apolyton CTP2 Edition: Revision 990 (01-Jun-2009)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DB access: ConstDB

Just found the following lines in my (revised, otherwise working ) mergecivs.slc.

Well, I remember having read (somewhere, but can't find the source now) that SLIC DB access has been extended to all databases and obviously wanted to test it:

Code:
    // mrgAdvanceChance = ConstDB(CAPTURE_CITY_ADVANCE_CHANCE); // should work in the AE, but doesn't, with or without quotes
    mrgAdvanceChance = 25;
    Uncommenting the outcommented line I get a SLIC message telling me that "Symbol CAPTURE_CITY_ADVANCE_CHANCE is undefined". If I put "CAPTURE_CITY_ADVANCE_CHANCE" between quotes I get "syntax error".
    The modding knowledgebase: CTP2 Bureau (with CTP2 AE Modding Wiki). Modern Times Mod (work in progress): MoT-Mod for CTP2.

Comment

Originally posted by BureauBert View Post
      Code:
      // mrgAdvanceChance = ConstDB(CAPTURE_CITY_ADVANCE_CHANCE); // should work in the AE, but doesn't, with or without quotes
      No it shouldn't work. CAPTURE_CITY_ADVANCE_CHANCE is not a database record in the Const database. In fact it just contains one record. I guess you can add multiple database records but the game will ignore them.

The syntax is like for all the other databases:
      Code:
      ConstDB(0).CaptureCityAdvanceChance;
      -Martin
      Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

In fact it just contains one record.
        Ahhh!

The syntax is like for all the other databases
        Ohhh!

So, I can take it as a general rule that DB constants in the "old" format with capital letters and underscores need to be CamelToed in a SLIC DB request?

Just to see if I got it right: If I'd wish to get the "base contentment" for "easy" difficulty (the second "structure" in the textfile) from DiffDB I'd need to type:

Code:
        DiffDB(1).BaseContentment
        ?

Thank You!
        The modding knowledgebase: CTP2 Bureau (with CTP2 AE Modding Wiki). Modern Times Mod (work in progress): MoT-Mod for CTP2.

Comment

So, I can take it as a general rule that DB constants in the "old" format with capital letters and underscores need to be CamelToed in a SLIC DB request?
          Well, if I did it this way to generate the new names for the flags than it should work, if I remember correctly, I did it this way. Maybe you will find exceptions, where I gave them a better name.

Just to see if I got it right: If I'd wish to get the "base contentment" for "easy" difficulty (the second "structure" in the textfile) from DiffDB I'd need to type:

Code:
          DiffDB(1).BaseContentment
          ?
          That's right. And if you want to know how many entries a database has then just use:

Code:
          DifficultyDB();
          Well in fact, in this case it is called DifficultyDB.

-Martin

Comment

Hi!

I've got 2 new crashes for you

Code:
            Version 2009-06-01
              0x7c92aa21  [__onexitbegin + 0x7bf5d409]
              0x7c92a3dc  [__onexitbegin + 0x7bf5cdc4]
              0x7c921937  [__onexitbegin + 0x7bf5431f]
              0x77bfc3c9  [__onexitbegin + 0x7722edb1]
              0x77bfc3e7  [__onexitbegin + 0x7722edcf]
              0x77bfc42e  [__onexitbegin + 0x7722ee16]
              0x00403900  [?Debug_AddFunction@@YAXPADI@Z + 0x10]
              0x00403a95  [?Debug_FunctionNameOpen@@YAHPAD@Z + 0x115]
              0x0040425c  [?c3debug_ExceptionStackTrace@@YAPADPAU_EXCEPTION_POINTERS@@@Z + 0x1c]
              0x00406a88  [?main_CivExceptionHandler@@YAJPAU_EXCEPTION_POINTERS@@@Z + 0x98]
              0x00406998  [WinMain@16 + 0x88]
              0x0080685c  [WinMainCRTStartup + 0x134]
              0x7c817077  [__onexitbegin + 0x7be49a5f]

Version 2009-06-01
              0x7c92168b  [__onexitbegin + 0x7bf54073]
              0x7c92a3f5  [__onexitbegin + 0x7bf5cddd]
              0x7c921937  [__onexitbegin + 0x7bf5431f]
              0x77bfc3c9  [__onexitbegin + 0x7722edb1]
              0x77bfc3e7  [__onexitbegin + 0x7722edcf]
              0x77bfc42e  [__onexitbegin + 0x7722ee16]
              0x0040214d  [??2@YAPAXI@Z + 0xd]
              0x00642d6a  [??0CivArchive@@QAE@XZ + 0x1a]
              0x0040ca7b  [?AutoSave@CivApp@@QAEXH_N@Z + 0x17b]
              0x004cb380  [?GEVHookCallback@FinishBuildPhaseEvent@@EAE?AW4GAME_EVENT_HOOK_DISPOSITION@@W4GAME_EVENT@@PAVGameEventArgList@@@Z + 0x70]
              0x0057f357  [?Activate@GameEventHook@@QBE?AW4GAME_EVENT_ERR@@PAVGameEventArgList@@HAAH@Z + 0x37]
              0x0057fd58  [?ActivateHook@GameEventManager@@QAE?AW4GAME_EVENT_ERR@@W4GAME_EVENT@@PAVGameEventArgList@@HAAH@Z + 0x28]
              0x0057de3d  [?Process@GameEvent@@QAE?AW4GAME_EVENT_ERR@@XZ + 0x2d]
              0x0057f7d0  [?AddEvent@GameEventManager@@QAA?AW4GAME_EVENT_ERR@@W4GAME_EVENT_INSERT@@W4GAME_EVENT@@ZZ + 0xd0]
              0x004330f5  [?dh_endTurn@@YAXPAVDQAction@@PAVSequence@@W4DHEXECUTE@@@Z + 0x35]
              0x0042b7b3  [?HandleNextAction@Director@@QAEXXZ + 0xc3]
              0x0040c21b  [?Process@CivApp@@QAEHXZ + 0x11b]
              0x006eb9be  [?CheckForEasterEggs@ChatWindow@@QAEHPAD@Z + 0x12e]
              0x006eb836  [?ChatCallback@ChatWindow@@SAXPAVaui_Control@@IIPAX@Z + 0x66]
              0x00676052  [?TextFieldWindowProc@@YGJPAUHWND__@@IIJ@Z + 0xa2]
              0x7e368734  [__onexitbegin + 0x7d99b11c]
              0x7e368816  [__onexitbegin + 0x7d99b1fe]
              0x7e3689cd  [__onexitbegin + 0x7d99b3b5]
              0x7e3696c7  [__onexitbegin + 0x7d99c0af]
              0x00406f52  [?CivMain@@YGHPAUHINSTANCE__@@0PADH@Z + 0x3d2]
              0x00406975  [WinMain@16 + 0x65]
              0x0080685c  [WinMainCRTStartup + 0x134]
              0x7c817077  [__onexitbegin + 0x7be49a5f]
            And another issue: I just added 100 modern civs to my Mod , putting the required files into the scenario folders. Now it's a bit difficult to select from the civs available in the scenario/Mod. I mean, it's possible, but difficult because it shows me the default civ list with the leader names of my modded civs:

So, if I want to play France in this example I need to know the name of France's leading guy (or lady) and then select "Brazil". After the game has started I am France and everyone else seems to be happy, too .

Comment

I just noticed this in the german version of ldl_str.txt:

Code:
              str_tbl_ldl_NonRandomCivs_On			"Gegner zufällig wählen"
              str_tbl_ldl_NonRandomCivs_Off			"Gegner nach Liste wählen"
              The double negation in the constant's name is really nasty ...

Actually it should read:

Code:
              str_tbl_ldl_NonRandomCivs_On			"Gegner nach Liste wählen"
              str_tbl_ldl_NonRandomCivs_Off			"Gegner zufällig wählen"
              The english version is not affected

Comment

I have a wee technical issue with version 990; I've found that the Empire Manager box gives me conflicting information. My final Savings value was in the green, but the actual net revenue was a negative number. This means the actual cash coming in BEFORE expenses. The value was something like -19,300 per turn... I'm not doing anything that I'm aware of that could cause my civilisation to haemorhage so profoundly. Is there any hope of some wisdom to shed light on this very surreal game-pooer-upper?

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew Hayden View Post
                  I have a wee technical issue with version 990; I've found that the Empire Manager box gives me conflicting information. My final Savings value was in the green, but the actual net revenue was a negative number. This means the actual cash coming in BEFORE expenses. The value was something like -19,300 per turn... I'm not doing anything that I'm aware of that could cause my civilisation to haemorhage so profoundly. Is there any hope of some wisdom to shed light on this very surreal game-pooer-upper?
                  I'm guessing you were using the unit gold support or city gold maintenance rules? These aren't included in the empire manager yet. I'm redesigning the empire manager to include those figures, and I should post the changes within a week. You'll just have to lump it for now though.
                  Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
                  CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
                  One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

I'd suspected my rule choice might be to blame, but the sheer size of the value threw me. Thanks for clarifying, Maq'!

Comment

This thread is closed, because the next version of the Apolyton Edition has been released. You can discuss it here.

Comment

Working...
                      X