Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Apolyton CTP2 Edition: Revision 990 (01-Jun-2009)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hans Lemurson View Post
    Well, that's a long story...
    Interesting. Glad you found us.

I did some checking again on this, using the "1 gold per unit" rule, and it claims that I'm paying out 1245 gold per turn in wages(my GNP is 900). However, I am still producing science and putting away gold into my savings. I think it's probably just a display issue.
    Last time I checked none of those gold per unit/city costs were shown/added in the empire manager. Showing more info in the empire manager is one of the things I want to do in the future too. After the existing figures are fixed.

So my question is: when you load s game saved from a mod, does it reload all of the mod settings too?
    As far as I know the settings for a saved game are stored and loaded from the save file. But it could be that some aren't reloaded. It obviously isn't reloading the great library though, only when you load the scenario is the scenario's specific great library used. This is just another part of the scenario structure and loading save games that needs fixing. The AE Mod is playable from start to finish though, since the slic scripts and other game files will be stored in the save file.
    Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
    CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
    One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

That's just equal to the production hunger, right?
      In some cases the gold hunger is far higher. I think gold hunger should be at most half the production support (shield hunger), since there is far less gold around.
      Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)

Comment

Originally posted by Maquiladora View Post
        In some cases the gold hunger is far higher. I think gold hunger should be at most half the production support (shield hunger), since there is far less gold around.
        It appears you are correct for the most part. There are exceptions though.

Code:
        Units Name ShieldHunger GoldHunger
        UNIT_ABOLITIONIST 5 5
        UNIT_AIRCRAFT_CARRIER 30 150
        UNIT_ARCHER 1 1
        UNIT_ARTILLERY 15 30
        UNIT_BATTLESHIP 35 150
        UNIT_BOMBER 22 50
        UNIT_CANNON 12 20
        UNIT_CARAVAN 0 0
        UNIT_CARGO_HELICOPTER 15 45
        UNIT_CARRACK 9 15
        UNIT_CATAMARAN 2 5
        UNIT_CATAPULT 8 16
        UNIT_CAVALRY 12 15
        UNIT_CITY 0 0
        UNIT_CLERIC 5 0
        UNIT_CORPORATE_BRANCH 15 0
        UNIT_CRAWLER 38 200
        UNIT_CRUISE_MISSILE 20 0
        UNIT_CYBER_NINJA 25 100
        UNIT_DESTROYER 22 60
        UNIT_DIPLOMAT 4 0
        UNIT_DREADNAUGHT 60 180
        UNIT_ECO_RANGER 40 5
        UNIT_ECO_TERRORIST 35 25
        UNIT_EMPATHIC_DIPLOMAT 15 25
        UNIT_FASCIST 10 20
        UNIT_FIGHTER 10 30
        UNIT_FIRE_TRIREME 5 10
        UNIT_FRIGATE 20 45
        UNIT_FUSION_TANK 50 130
        UNIT_HOPLITE 1 1
        UNIT_HOVER_INFANTRY 25 50
        UNIT_INFANTRYMAN 10 15
        UNIT_INFECTOR 30 100
        UNIT_INTERCEPTOR 25 65
        UNIT_IRONCLAD 15 30
        UNIT_KNIGHT 8 16
        UNIT_KRAKEN 45 210
        UNIT_LAWYER 15 100
        UNIT_LEVIATHON 100 250
        UNIT_LONGSHIP 6 6
        UNIT_MACHINE_GUNNER 12 20
        UNIT_MARINE 14 14
        UNIT_MOBILE_SAM 20 40
        UNIT_MOREY_STRIKER 35 70
        UNIT_MOUNTED_ARCHER 3 3
        UNIT_NUCLEAR_SUBMARINE 18 50
        UNIT_NUKE 50 50
        UNIT_OCEAN_CITY 0 0
        UNIT_PARATROOPER 14 28
        UNIT_PIKEMEN 4 4
        UNIT_PLASMA_DESTROYER 45 100
        UNIT_SCOUT_SUB 25 75
        UNIT_SEA_ENGINEER 25 0
        UNIT_SETTLER 0 0
        UNIT_SHIP_OF_THE_LINE 12 30
        UNIT_SLAVER 5 7
        UNIT_SPACE_CITY 0 0
        UNIT_SPACE_PLANE 25 100
        UNIT_SPY 8 16
        UNIT_SPY_PLANE 30 90
        UNIT_STEALTH_BOMBER 35 90
        UNIT_STEALTH_FIGHTER 30 75
        UNIT_SUBMARINE 12 40
        UNIT_SWORDSMAN 5 3
        UNIT_TANK 20 40
        UNIT_TELEVANGELIST 12 100
        UNIT_TROOP_SHIP 12 20
        UNIT_URBAN_PLANNER 12 0
        UNIT_WAR_WALKER 35 90
        UNIT_WARRIOR 1 0
        UNIT_Z_FREIGHT_TRANSPORT 0 0
        UNIT_LONGBOWMAN 3 5
        UNIT_ELEPHANT_WARRIOR 10 15
        "

Comment

Originally posted by EPW View Post
          It appears you are correct for the most part. There are exceptions though.
          Stop showing off with your new program (actually it's quite useful, I could use it on the strategy website, if I could be bothered to update it).

Comment

Whoever decided on the goldhunger values sure didn't like convert units.
            "

Comment

Hey! I did goldhunger! It was fairly based on productionhunger but I upped some special units. BUt goldhunger wasnt the values alone it also factored in your wages and govt IIRC

PS welcome Hans. Please stick around!
              Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

My current empire wages are listed at 2,000. My income is listed as -900, and I am making a surplus of 130 gold and 200 science.

For now, I'm not gonna be using the gold-hunger option.

Oh, I do have a suggestion though: Would it be possible to see the tech-tree for the advance you are researching in the tech window? As is, to see what concrete gives me, when I have it selected, I have to click on the "Arena" link to get to the GL, then click on the "Concrete" link as its pre-requisite to get to the tech, and then on the tech-tree tab. There really oughta be a smoother way of doing this.

Comment

Oh, I do have a suggestion though: Would it be possible to see the tech-tree for the advance you are researching in the tech window? As is, to see what concrete gives me, when I have it selected, I have to click on the "Arena" link to get to the GL, then click on the "Concrete" link as its pre-requisite to get to the tech, and then on the tech-tree tab. There really oughta be a smoother way of doing this.
                  It should be fairly easy to show the branch from the "tech tree" tab of the great library. Either above or below (easier) the list of advances already researched, what would look best?

It would by default have your current research target in the branch section shown, but you can navigate around it like the great library one. Another option is to change the branch when you select advances already researched. Not sure how difficult this part will be though.

Comment

Position it wherever it is easiest to code. When you click on a tech to research, that tech should be shown as the branch. The tree would be navigable (as you said) just like in the great library. You can browse the tree freely, but when you click on another tech-research choice, the viewed branch would change to that.

Comment

Hmm, I was assuming you meant in the science manager, but maybe you meant in the research window (the one that pops up when you just researched something)?

The science manager also needs a redesign, but I think the tech tree would be most useful when you're choosing your next advance target, like you say.

Comment

Ideally, someone would implement a civ3/4 style tech tree display.
                        "

Comment

Yeah, that's what I meant. You could do both though; screen-space is much less of an issue with modern resolutions.
                          Last edited by Hans Lemurson; June 4, 2009, 22:56.

Comment

Originally posted by EPW View Post
                            Ideally, someone would implement a civ3/4 style tech tree display.
                            How is that?

Comment

I'm sure you have played at least one of those games before.
                              "

Comment

Yeah, that's what I meant. You could do both though; screen-space is much less of an issue with modern resolutions.
                                It needs to fit on at least 800*600 as that's still our minimum.

The biggest window in-game can be 800*558 IIRC, which is the same size as the great library. Perhaps a separate tab in the great library, or in the science manager that uses the whole window could display the tech tree.

Comment

Working...
                                X