Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BUG: Fix for AI attacking twice in one turn?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BUG: Fix for AI attacking twice in one turn?

Hi,

Since my time right now is 100% devoted to a combination of the AOM succession game ánd my own AOMIV game, I have not yet been able to duplicate a bug I found in AOM (and that exists also in plain vanilla CtP2 according to Stan))...

See http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...hreadid=169851 for details, but basicly, my question in this thread was, if the fact that the AI can attack a stack of mine, occupy the hex, and then happily move on to attack a second stack of mine, was a bug or an intentional idea of Stan for AOMIV. Stan told me this was a well known bug from CtP2. I have also seen other symptoms of the same bug, for instance, the AI can start a turn on a tile imp of mine, pillage and destroy it (which would end the turn for me if it was my stack) and then move on to attack a nearby stack of mine.

Obvious question: has this been 'fixed' in AE? Again, I have been playing nothing but AOM for the last month, and my only AE save game is not far enough into the game to be able to test this.

If it has not yet been fixed, can it be fixed, or is it too difficult to find out where exactly the fault lies?

Thanks

Tellius
    Only tyrants need worry about tyrant-killers

As I understand it Stan said it only happens when you force the AI to attack with SLIC, so it's actually a problem with the SLIC under those conditions, not the unmodified (or AE) game. If there isn't any extra SLIC involved to force an AI attack you won't see the bug.
    Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
    CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
    One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Hi,

I always thought it worked like a key on a lock. When there was talk off AOM working on AE, Stan told me that the AE team first had to implement the 1.1 patch changes into the ctp2.exe file, cause otherwhise the exe file wouldn't recognize a lot of the slic he used. It made me look at slic as a bunch of slc files that still needed to be processed by the exe itself. Hence my question here...

Not sure of course, I sometimes wish my mother would have thaught me programming languages instead of my current mother tongue.

T.

Comment

Originally posted by Tellius
        Hi,

I always thought it worked like a key on a lock. When there was talk off AOM working on AE, Stan told me that the AE team first had to implement the 1.1 patch changes into the ctp2.exe file, cause otherwhise the exe file wouldn't recognize a lot of the slic he used. It made me look at slic as a bunch of slc files that still needed to be processed by the exe itself. Hence my question here...

Not sure of course, I sometimes wish my mother would have thaught me programming languages instead of my current mother tongue.

T.
        I didn't even know AoM worked with the AE. Even if that SLIC bug had been fixed in the AE, it's certainly not worth trying a serious game using the AE and AoM, as it has always crashed at some point for me, even using vanilla.

Basically what I'm saying is there are even bigger problems than that SLIC bug, even with the AE by itself, never mind combined with AoM.
        Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
        CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
        One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Actually all the slic functions should be implemented by now, so that this is no problem. However to your bug as pointed out by Maq, it could be just a slic issue. Therefore we need the slic code that does the AI attacking, to see whether according to the code the observed behavior of the AI can be expected. Afterwards we can decide whether the slic code has to be fixed or the source code.

"current mother tongue" I gues you are going to change your mother tongue, soon?

-Martin
          Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for the info guys, I'll have a look to see if I can find the slic code responsible.

current mother tongue
            Unless I'm also ****ing up my English now, "mother tongue" means the language you are brought up with. Like in most other languages (such as classical greec) tongue means both, well, that thingie in your mouth ánd the language it creates.
            That wás the reason for you confusion, right Martin?

Greetz

Tellius

Comment

Unless I'm also ****ing up my English now, "mother tongue" means the language you are brought up with. Like in most other languages (such as classical greec) tongue means both, well, that thingie in your mouth ánd the language it creates.
              That's right and it implies that you cannot change your mother tongue. However, current implies that something holds or is valid at least for the moment of speaking and that the something in question can change. So combining "current" and "mother tongue" may lead to confusion or to a comical effect, and if you had read the line to its end you would have notice those other two smilies, idicating that it was rather a comical effect for me.

And actually, as I am suffering from sleep depression I didn't want to instruct you about, since this could be result in a comical effect, too.

But since I am already doing it, I wonder whether this should be rather phrased as question:

That wás the reason for you confusion, right Martin?

So that it rather looks like this:

Was that the reason for you confusion, Martin?

-Martin
              Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Working...
              X