GENERAL: E-Cafe III

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We seem to have died slightly...

I'm still around but I haven't had the same amount of free time I used to. At the moment I'm learning C++ in a more organised way, while I've been making a few small games along the way. I've reinstalled Visual C++ and the source so I'm still able to go back to the source code project when I get the chance.

At the moment I'm not sure what to work on. I thought about fixing the map scrolling to be based on time rather than (seemingly) the frame rate, so it isn't insanely fast on newer PC's. Is there anything more important that needs fixing (besides the AI) ?
    Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
    CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
    One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

• Well, I provided some crashes that could need some fixing I currently don't have much time for fun activities either -- but I am still willing to continue crashtesting.
      The modding knowledgebase: CTP2 Bureau (with CTP2 AE Modding Wiki). Modern Times Mod (work in progress): MoT-Mod for CTP2.

Comment

• Originally posted by BureauBert View Post
        Well, I provided some crashes that could need some fixing I currently don't have much time for fun activities either -- but I am still willing to continue crashtesting.
        Running your mod with the debug version and a save with a repeatable crash would be a start.

If you get these crashes consistently perhaps you can narrow it down by removing all slic and gradually adding parts back in.

Another option is to try and trim down the slic, perhaps some of it can be hard coded now?
        Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)

Comment

• Originally posted by Maquiladora View Post
          Running your mod with the debug version and a save with a repeatable crash would be a start.
          I'd like to try with a debug version -- do you see any way to provide one for download? Otherwise I'd need to buy and install all this Visual C etc. stuff which I'd really rather avoid since I don't see any chance of actually working with the source code in this life.

If you get these crashes consistently perhaps you can narrow it down by removing all slic and gradually adding parts back in.

Another option is to try and trim down the slic, perhaps some of it can be hard coded now?
          Well, if you take a closer look on my crashtest reports you will find that I tried several versions with and without SLIC, with and without textfile modifications etc., I also tried to include scripts step by step without gaining a hint on which parts of them (functions, event triggers) would cause/increase the probability of the crashes. It seems like any modified version on a 140 x 70 map leads to some sort of crash between turn 70 and 130. Of course I will try more variants as soon as I get some time, but anyway I think that even if the game has a problem with some pieces of SLIC, it shouldn't just crash but rather complain/give a poor modder some hint on what do do or not to do

But I also want to make clear that this is not meant as a "harsh" demand toward you or Martin G. -- I am very well aware of the fact that your resources are somewhat limited and you dont get paid for your work like anyone else in this place
          The modding knowledgebase: CTP2 Bureau (with CTP2 AE Modding Wiki). Modern Times Mod (work in progress): MoT-Mod for CTP2.

Comment

• Originally posted by BureauBert View Post
            I'd like to try with a debug version -- do you see any way to provide one for download? Otherwise I'd need to buy and install all this Visual C etc. stuff which I'd really rather avoid since I don't see any chance of actually working with the source code in this life.
            Read my post here on how to set up VC++ (free and legal ) yourself.

This would save you posting your mod and a crashable-saved game, but VC++ and the SDK's are a big download, and I don't know when I could have a look at the crashes myself.

Comment

• COMPILE Getting the source to compile

Hi Kui,

Thanks for your help.

Would you tell more about the main modules of source
              codes ? and show the related folders and php files.

Evan

Comment

• whaaa?
                "

Comment

• Originally posted by EPW View Post
                  whaaa?
                  Just a bot, just copies the title of the thread, leaves out any punctuation, and adds some nonsense. I have no idea whether there is any meaning behind it, I haven't found any add link. Next time, I'll delete the post and any follow-ups. By the way, shall I do so with the "Hypothetically Speaking " thread?

-Martin
                  Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

• sure
                    "

Comment

• Originally posted by EPW View Post
                      sure
                      Thread cleaned.

-Martin

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin Gühmann View Post
                        Fixed the Penicillin wonder, next time check what the original Great Library said:
                        Who added the line "Increases the food production of every city in the host empire by {WonderDB(Wonder[0]).IncreaseFoodAllCities} food units" to the new GL? "Units" is obviously not a percentage increase, so you should blame the person that edited the new GL instead of me.

Comment

Who added the line "Increases the food production of every city in the host empire by {WonderDB(Wonder[0]).IncreaseFoodAllCities} food units" to the new GL?
                          Can't you figure it out yourself? Well, then it is difficult to check what was there in the original version. Anyway, what was the revision number when that modified GL was added?

-Martin

Comment

• Well, then it is difficult to check what was there in the original version. Anyway, what was the revision number when that modified GL was added?
                            I don't know. Why is that important? The wonder is working as it was before (if you reverted my changes), so just remove the new line from the Penicillin wonder in the GL.

Comment

I don't know. Why is that important? The wonder is working as it was before (if you reverted my changes), so just remove the new line from the Penicillin wonder in the GL.
                              In fact, it is just a little exercise. If a problem shows up in one of the test versions than you would like to know, when it was introduced or was it always in. This way, you can narrow down the change that causes the problem.

In this case, it is not such a big deal to figure out, when it was introduced, probably it is a little bit more difficult to figure out what the original GL said, since the original GL is not in the repository. But of course it is strange that don't find it in the French GL for instance.

-Martin

Comment

• I've recently updated to the latest revision[1039] from a revision newer than the current release(somewhere in the 1020's maybe) and have two semi-major problems.

1. This one is strange: the game doesn't recognize the "NoUnits" flag in strategies.txt file. I had to comment them out.
                                2. I get a crash when I quit the game(Is this new?). No crash.txt generated.

I'm using the final with logging executable.
                                "

Comment

Working...
                                X