No announcement yet.

GENERAL: E-Cafe III

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So Martin, I see you're not in Berlin anymore (or at least that's what I just noticed on your location), is this related to why we haven't seen you here as often anymore? Or have you just given up on us?
    Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
    CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
    One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

• First step towards a political map. No one has done this yet right?
      Attached Files
      "

Comment

• Interesting! Not that I know of...
        Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)

Comment

• Adding a new button should be interesting....
          "

Comment

• Originally posted by EPW View Post
            First step towards a political map. No one has done this yet right?
            nope. i looked at once and it involves setting the civcolor to the tile so it shouldnt be too bad. but yeah adding a button will require expanding the box too
            Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

• Second Version. Too much like civ3/4?
              Attached Files
              "

Comment

• How will I see orange's units combined with that map?

And I'm not sure how much you can increase the minimap size, see the game in 800*600 first.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maquiladora View Post
                  How will I see orange's units combined with that map?
                  Turn the political map off...

I don't know, I could make them white or some other color too I guess.

Originally posted by Maquiladora View Post
                  And I'm not sure how much you can increase the minimap size, see the game in 800*600 first.
                  Put a new row above the current row, or a new one below the minimap?

Also, your currently selected unit/city will now appear red on the minimap as intended. I still have to get it to update the map when you select or deselect a unit though.
                  "

Comment

• Originally posted by EPW View Post
                    Turn the political map off...

I don't know, I could make them white or some other color too I guess.
                    If the units turn white then it should it only be your units? Basically I want my cake and to eat it

Put a new row above the current row, or a new one below the minimap?
                    It's going to stick out if you create another row just for one button. Is it possible you can squeeze it on the existing row?

Comment

It's going to stick out if you create another row just for one button. Is it possible you can squeeze it on the existing row?
                      I don't know. You are the one who suggested it won't fit.

edit:If we got rid of the spaces between the buttons I think it would fit.
                      "

Comment

• CTC works pretty well with the AE. I simmed a 700+ turn game, though with only 2 civs and there were no crashes.
                        "

Comment

So Martin, I see you're not in Berlin anymore (or at least that's what I just noticed on your location), is this related to why we haven't seen you here as often anymore? Or have you just given up on us?
                          That took a while. So far I moved my computer to Tübingen, too. But I don't have internet access in my flat, yet.

But anyway so far you seem doing fine, well except that you have messed up my nicely colored citystyles.

-Martin
                          Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

• Good to hear from you again Martin. I've been doing my best impression of you to keep the trouble makers in line

Comment

I really wonder where all those people are. It would be nice to at least get their opinion, even negative ones.
                              It's really good!
                              it crashes still though

Edit: To be fair I test (and really only play on) the really big world map with like 27 other civs, one always die fast - and crash. I'll give it a go on a 5 civ game and post some additional feedback and playability.

If I am the only one of the 'general public' to really post feedback so far... I honestly think you guys should be paid by Activision for making their game better, more diverse and generally more what civ players are looking for. I'll post a detailed thread later today with a more in-depth analysis.
                              Last edited by SDKane; July 9, 2009, 09:05.

Comment

• Originally posted by SDKane View Post
                                I honestly think you guys should be paid by Activision for making their game better, more diverse and generally more what civ players are looking for.
                                Their game? No it's our game!

-Martin
                                Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Working...
                                X