This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Martin Gühmann

You call this a small problem, something that prevents you from playing?

Ok, so I have a talent for understatement

Originally posted by Martin Gühmann

Anyway I tried to replicate it with a much prior 700 built and I didn't came so much, because the game told me that I have to connect to the internet first even I am connected. Well it seems to be the WinXP firewall but I klicked on don't block anymore but that didn't work.

Anyway you should provide the content of the crash.txt so that we get at least an idea where the crash is caused.

You can find the crash.txt in your ..\ctp2_program\ctp\logs\ folder.

I had gone looking for error logs before but couldn't find any. I checked for the file you suggested but it wasn't there, nor was the logs directory. I did some more searching through the userprofile.txt and found the switch to turn on logging. I suppose this is about the point where I should mention I'm not really up on all the cool tricks and secrets of ctp2 Though in my defense I have been involved in modding other games and know a few scripting languages (probably just enough to be dangerous).

Anyway I got a log of the network multiplayer crash, tell me if this illuminates anything:

0x008db31a [?CreateExclusions@AllinoneWindow@@QAE?AW4AUI_ERRCO DE@@XZ + 0xea1]
    0x008dec98 [?Idle@AllinoneWindow@@UAE?AW4AUI_ERRCODE@@XZ + 0xe6e]
    0x0078207b [?Idle@aui_UI@@UAE?AW4AUI_ERRCODE@@PAVaui_Region@@@ Z + 0x77]
    0x00784f7c [?Process@aui_UI@@UAE?AW4AUI_ERRCODE@@XZ + 0x17]
    0x0040fdfe [?ProcessUI@CivApp@@QAEHIAAI@Z + 0x21f]
    0x00410190 [?Process@CivApp@@QAEHXZ + 0xa7]
    0x00408bef [?CivMain@@YGHPAUHINSTANCE__@@0PADH@Z + 0x400]
    0x00408616 [WinMain@16 + 0x74]
    0x009f5ddc [WinMainCRTStartup + 0x134]
    0x7c5989a5 [__onexitbegin + 0x7b9c46cd]

And my sincere thanks for taking the time to respond

Comment

• dividebyxero

'CreateExclusions@AllinoneWindow' it is a start. thanks for having the patience for ctp2 multiplayer. hopefully we can get something going. Oh and welcome to Apolyton's ctp2!
      Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

• Found a couple more problems, when attempting to load any save game I get graphic corruption in all the menus after the transition from the main menu to the game map. Here are some screenshots:

Image1

Image2

Also I am getting errors when attempting to load any scenario, including the AE scenario. An example would be something like:

units.txt:4485: Expected string ID
        Continue?

After which follows a deluge of other errors. Other scenarios give similar errors of other files, they all seem to be broken. I checked the line number indicated in the units.txt file and could find no obvious problems.

Comment

• Was this a save loaded from multiplayer? Are you using the playtest build and rev700?

and your right 4485 says: Description DESCRIPTION_WARRIOR

which shouldn't be a problem

Comment

• Originally posted by E
            Was this a save loaded from multiplayer? Are you using the playtest build and rev700?

Build 700, yes. Multiplayer, no. Multiplayer is still giving ctd. The only thing that seems to be working at the moment is starting a new singleplayer game (with no scenario). But when I shutdown and come back in to reload that game I get the above.

Comment

• you have all these installed too?

2006.09.09.CTP2.Playtest.1of3.rar
              2006.08.26.CTP2.Playtest.2of3.rar
              2006.08.26.CTP2.Playtest.3of3.rar

I'll look into it on my side.

edit: they ned to be installed first then then 700, sorry its so many files but its not an offical patch

i just started a new game and then shut down and reloaded and it worked fine, but this is with my 707 so not exactly the same but on the plus side I'm looking to upload it this week.

Comment

• Originally posted by E
                Was this a save loaded from multiplayer? Are you using the playtest build and rev700?

I tried the AE mod aswell.

It should be DESCRIPTION_UNIT_WARRIOR.

After fixing the above im getting CITY_STYLE_BARBARIAN not found in citystyle database. (culture style for guerilla, i changed it to ROMAN in units.txt to get it working).

Then JAPNESE not found in civ database (spelt wrong in units.txt under samurai)

Then a load of unit_build_list not found in unit build list database. I just deleted unitbuildlist.txt.

Once the game is loaded under AE mod, theres some graphical problems with the menus (seems to be same problem as dividebyxero mentioned earlier), and i can build the Paratrooper from the beginning. (it has no prerequisite)
                Last edited by Maquiladora; March 26, 2007, 15:23.
                Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
                CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
                One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maquiladora

I tried the AE mod aswell.

It should be DESCRIPTION_UNIT_WARRIOR.

After fixing the above im getting CITY_STYLE_BARBARIAN not found in citystyle database. (culture style for guerilla, i changed it to ROMAN in units.txt to get it working).

Then JAPNESE not found in civ database (spelt wrong in units.txt under samurai)

Then a load of unit_build_list not found in unit build list database. I just deleted unitbuildlist.txt.

Once the game is loaded under AE mod, theres some graphical problems with the menus (seems to be same problem as dividebyxero mentioned earlier), and i can build the Paratrooper from the beginning. (it has no prerequisite)

oh man, ok i'll fix it. but its sad that those problems probably were there for awhile and no one tried to play it

Comment

• AOM on AE one last question

Hi,

I prefer to do it the other way around, first put AOM on it and then AE. That way you get all the new buttons from AE but you will miss some from AOM.
                    Martin, are you referring to the four AOM buttons here (Dynasty, Cartel report, Riot danger level, Frenzy)?
                    I can live without the four AOM buttons.

Which method of installing gives the best chance of retaining all AOM implementations? CtP2 with AE then AOM or CtP2 with AOM then AE?

I'll probably have to go one difficulty level down, AE can be pretty vicious if in conflict with the player.

Tellius
                    Only tyrants need worry about tyrant-killers

Comment

• Re: AOM on AE one last question

Originally posted by Tellius
                      Hi,

Martin, are you referring to the four AOM buttons here (Dynasty, Cartel report, Riot danger level, Frenzy)?
                      I can live without the four AOM buttons.

Which method of installing gives the best chance of retaining all AOM implementations? CtP2 with AE then AOM or CtP2 with AOM then AE?

I'll probably have to go one difficulty level down, AE can be pretty vicious if in conflict with the player.

Tellius

you might be in uncharted waters there.

I guess you could make game copies and try them both out and let us know which one is best. I think copying t he AE over AoM maybe the best way to go, that way you make sure nothing gets cut out.

Comment

• Played 200ish turns of rev700 and found a couple of strange things.

First is my units seem to be auto-upgrading when I leave them in a city (asleep/fortified/whatever). I wondered where all my gold was going.

Second is I left a Coracle in a city and it got auto-upgraded to a Carrack. This new Carrack won't move into deep water. I placed a new Carrack with the cheat menu and it goes into deep water. I can provide a save if needed.

Other than that the AI seems to be settling better now, for whatever reason. Filling out its home continent, even in bad land, if it cant find better.
                        Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)

Comment

• autoupgrading - thats not cool. i think we need to add a isHuman check...I'll look at it, unless martin did this for a reason.

The carrack sounds weird too.

on AI settling - how about aggressiveness? especially the barbs?

Comment

• Aggressiveness of settling? It certainly seems to have increased. One civ cut off a chokepoint pretty early a couple of turns before my settler arrived. Also like i said, theyve been settling on anything they can, if they have to wait too long for good land.

General aggressiveness, hard to say. I killed one civ early that shouldve attacked me before that. I was gathering units on their border for 20-30 turns waiting for Monarchy. Then i captured 3 of their cities, each with 3-5 units defending them. I reached 20 cities so i kindly offered a cease fire, and they took it. Their trust was pretty high for me as they were the first civ i met, and it had built up over agreements. Then waited for Fascism and took the rest of their cities. Slightly harder this time as they'd upgraded more Pikemen to Infantrymen.

The main problem seemed to be with their build choices, but i dont know if this has been worked on a lot. It seems to have improved but still they build City Walls, Bazaar, Ballista Towers too early. It would be nice to see them build only units (military or settler), until they reach the city limit in the first expansion phase.

Barb aggressiveness seemed about the same (top setting), but i only had to kill 5 or 6, so they couldnt do much. One had a chance to capture an empty city but didnt.

Comment

• Thank you for taking time to send us your feedback

not sure what to do about building prefernces. not my forte. but martin might know something.

barbs i think it might be a probably with assigning a target "meat" (as the use in the code) in a normal game generatd spawn (vice a goodyhut where they are aggressive). that i can look into.

atached are the units.txt and unitbuildlist for the aemod (you have to put them in the right folders sorry) but just somethingif you want to test that out further. I was able to start a game with it - and i think i fixed all your errors
                              Attached Files

Comment

• Thanks E, will try it.

Just got a crash in the same game:

Code:
                                  0x003c0171  [?s_masterVolume@?%C:\Documents + 0x3c0167]
                                  0x00440212  [?Process@Director@@QAEXXZ + 0x2d]
                                  0x0040fe2d  [?ProcessUI@CivApp@@QAEHIAAI@Z + 0x24e]
                                  0x00410190  [?Process@CivApp@@QAEHXZ + 0xa7]
                                  0x00408bef  [?CivMain@@YGHPAUHINSTANCE__@@0PADH@Z + 0x400]
                                  0x00408616  [WinMain@16 + 0x74]
                                  0x009f5ddc  [WinMainCRTStartup + 0x134]
                                  0x77e814c7  [__onexitbegin + 0x772ad1ef]
                                Just dropped to desktop when i ended turn. I reloaded with the autosave but it didnt happen again.

Comment

Working...
                                X