Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is great.At least your getting to root of the problem.
    Will this fix the AE mod as well?Not pushing I know there are only a handful working at the code.I miss playing so for now will keep the save game file to finish later and reload CtP2 .
    Thinking of giving Ages of Man a try.Wish it could be loaded in the scenario file. Well will post in AOM forum if it doesnt work.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Good news

Originally posted by E
      Ok, my view is thta since there are Jamaica string ids we repalce them with a ajamaica civ which is currently using poland stuff. in place of harrapan i would create poland stuff. there will still be a civ in that slot but the instead of HARRAPAN_CIV it would be POLAND_CIV etc. I'll do all the language work. or are you arguing that we should just leave it alone?
      If we replace anything than the jamaican string ids by polnish string ids, because we have Poland in the game since the release of CTP2. And since harrapians are much more interesting than Jamaika, we keep the harrapians. That's it. If you want to have Jamaika in the game you have to add that civ at the end of the civilisation.txt and modify the interface that we can have more than 64 civilisations.

Originally posted by E
      On a more important note. Something is wrong with crash.txt. I created a debugctp2.exe i have logs enabled and i attempted to recreate the diplomat crash that protra reported on.
      the game crash, but i got no pop-up saying where the error is. And I look in my folders and crash.txt is gone. no file.[/QUOTE]

There is nothing wrong with it, that it is how it works. The debug version deletes all log files there.

Originally posted by E
      but civ3log worked and this is what it said:
      So now you can go to the method where you had the first access violation and add some breakpoints there so that you can use the debugger to see where there problem lies, exactly.

-Martin
      Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Protra
        for the AE mod open up Units.txt and goto line 1123 or find the cruise_missile unit and DELETE the line that says

CanBombard: ShallowWater

I accidentally left that in, shallowater is a separate attack option but not a bombard option in the code. I'll update it for the next build but in the meantime deleting that line will fix it.
        Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

Martin,

I compiled a 700 build but when i start the game up with the new civilization.txt it doesn't recognize the new NationUnitFlag line (line 50). I didn't see a mapicon.cdb so I'm not able to trace where the disconnect is.

EDIT: I remembered we had similar problem before. I changed the NationUnitFlag from a bit just to a record and it compiled and worked. But this means we need to update the scenarios which should be no problem. Unless you plan on commiting something soon I'll make the changes.
          Last edited by Ekmek; March 4, 2007, 13:57.

Comment

Originally posted by E
            I compiled a 700 build but when i start the game up with the new civilization.txt it doesn't recognize the new NationUnitFlag line (line 50). I didn't see a mapicon.cdb so I'm not able to trace where the disconnect is.
            Who needs a new *.cbd file if it is just a file database, the sound databse doesn't has a *.cdb file either.

Originally posted by E
            EDIT: I remembered we had similar problem before. I changed the NationUnitFlag from a bit just to a record and it compiled and worked. But this means we need to update the scenarios which should be no problem. Unless you plan on commiting something soon I'll make the changes.
            No, E you don't commit this. It works on my system, I recompiled the code several times in debug and final mode and there is no problem. So revert to the original and make sure that the files CivilisationRecord.h and CivilisationRecord.cpp are regenerated.

-Martin

Comment

yes it compiles with what you have, but the game doesn't start it says database error civilisation.txt:50

Comment

Originally posted by E
                yes it compiles with what you have, but the game doesn't start it says database error civilisation.txt:50
                And it loads, too. And actually removing the Bit should make it uncompilable.

So please compile everything again, with the original file from revision 700 and report again.

-Martin

Comment

Yeah 'Rebuild All' did the trick. thanks.

On another note I was able to get the extra buttonbank for tileimps to work but I was wondering about adding another orders button bank. Should I follow the tileimp style or does it require something else? Also what should we do for buttons to get to it? there isn't much space left on the units tab. I'll open another project thread for that too (unless you want to take that on )

Finally, we still have a defect for tileimps about obsolete tileimps still occupying a space. I *think* I know whats causing it, but I'm going to open a thread as I try to debug that.

Comment

Revision Build 700

These files need to be installed first
                    LATEST PLAYTEST: September 9th 2006

2006.09.09.CTP2.Playtest.1of3.rar
                    2006.08.26.CTP2.Playtest.2of3.rar
                    2006.08.26.CTP2.Playtest.3of3.rar

Then install this

LATEST BUILD REV 700: March 4th 2007

Rev700

Here's the latest. embassy bug and rankings tab bug appeared to be fixed. If you want to see the civflags choose yes in your userprofile.txt
                    Edit: Removed links. For an up to date version of the Apolyton edition click here.
                    Last edited by Martin Gühmann; May 22, 2008, 17:05.

Comment

Thanks E, I have just downloaded the new rev and installed it and it seems to run adequately. By the way, while checking the new rev I clicked on the scenarios button and spotted a scenario called AE mod. What is the AE mod?

"Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

The AEmod is our *in-work* mod that uses a lot of the new features I created for my Call2Civ mod. It is its basic stages but so far it has stuff like strategic resources. We plan to use this mod for any tweaks that players want that is outside the scope of the Tamerlin rule

Comment

Originally posted by E
                          The AEmod is our *in-work* mod that uses a lot of the new features I created for my Call2Civ mod. It is its basic stages but so far it has stuff like strategic resources. We plan to use this mod for any tweaks that players want that is outside the scope of the Tamerlin rule

Thanks for the answer E, I supposed that it was something like that or an example of how a scenario could be implemented.

IMO, it is the best way to proceed.
                          "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by E
                            On another note I was able to get the extra buttonbank for tileimps to work.
                            Could you make this optional? I vaguely remember having seen scenario (maybe AOM?) modifications that used numbers larger than 3 to represent tile improvements that could not be placed by the player, but could only be generated through Slic. Adding extra visible items could break this code.

Comment

IIRC AoM use line 4 for wonders etc. But their are only 3 lines. So it should be okay.

Comment

Will the Call2Civ mod be a seperate download from the builds?
                                Should be testing the new build soon.In the middle of a game with just the playtest.Hemed in by a powerful AI natiion on the northen border.To the south side a water way with nations across it that have stronger naval forces. But will see what happens.
                                A side not about your builds E.I noticed that it take more work to collect gold for your empire.Which is a good as it means you have to think ahead how you spend,Also bribing the AI can cost you.

Comment

Working...
                                X