This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@ E:

How can I get the Email address from Fromafar? I didn't find a possibility to send Emails to him also via Apolyton.

I am not unfamiliar with changing foreign code: My last job was Software developer at BenQ mobile (I am sure you read about this desaster) and at the moment I am searching a new job, so I have plenty of time. Also this is is an opportunity to not forget everything I learned the last years. :-)

Do you use a CMS and which and where?

And where is the buglist?

Do you have reviewers? Or how can it be assured that bugfixes have no side effects?

Oh, so many questions .... :-)

Greetings from Dani

Comment

@Dani
      the little envelop icon above his thread post HERE should get an email out to him. PMs work as well. but sometimes it takes him a week. But I asked the software guy next to me, he said this is the website for the compiler HERE

As for the buglist its also on the code page i posted earlier but also a list here on our features page http://www.ctp2.info/

As for SMS...not sure what that is. I'm actually an amatuer programmer and Fromafar and Martin G are the actual programmers so the sideeffects bugtesting is usually the inital testing responsibilities of those that do it and then we hope playtesters like your self and protra and others test it out

As for what else needs to be done, I know multiplayer needs some fixing

But also if you feel easiest is too hard I think we are open to pulling back on the AI advantages there. I think we have a upped it a bit
      Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

Hi E!

A CMS (Content Management System) is also good for hobby prorammers. Because when you change some code and then forget about it and one year later you need it, you will never remember where you put the latest version of your file.
        And what changes you actually made. And why.
        With a CMS you are forced to check out files and check them in after changing. You can compare two versions. And you are normally forced to enter reasons for the change. It is a tool that helps messies to keep organization. :-)

Greetings from Dani

Comment

Ehm, is there an instruction where to put which files?
          I downloaded the Visual Studio Express Version but now I do not know what to do ...

Comment

Hi Dani

First you'll need to get the tortoise svn server at tortoisesvn.tigris.org then you'll need to email darkdust for access to the sourcecode @ http://ctp2.darkdust.net/

then to set up the visual studio (I use 6.0 but it may be the same) its probably best to start digging through this thread. posting questions to this one too : http://www.apolyton.net/forums/showt...hreadid=100265

Comment

Here is save file from playtest game.Diplomat unit causes game to crash when you try to make a embassy.
              Attached Files

Comment

protra i keep getting no files in the zip

Comment

I didnt get your save game but i started a new game wand with cheat created a diplomat amdtrie dto make an embassy and go the crash but my crash.txt is empty.

I enabledLogs in my userprofile.txt. Martin, Fromafar any idea why thats happening?

Comment

Originally posted by Tamerlin
                    For the moment, I don't have the time to do it myself. Perhaps will I do it when I have the time... but I really don't know when.
                    And you see there is problem, therefore we should make those one line descriptions as informative as possible, because for that we should have enough time.

Originally posted by E
                    I realized I only enlarged that diplomacy screen.
                    Actually you haven't enlarged that screen since you forgot to include all the necessary *.ldl files.

Originally posted by Protra3211
                    When the first crash happened there was a crash text on screen.
                    Actually we did not ask you for a crash text that was displayed in a message box, but for the content of a file called "crash.txt". If you have no idea were you can find, it is located in your ...\ctp2_program\ctp\log\ folder. If you cannot find there a crash.txt, than logging might be disabled. To enable logging go to the file userprofile.txt located in your ...\ctp2_program\ctp\ folder. Open it with any text editor of your choice and find in it the line:

EnableLogs=No

and change it to

EnableLogs=Yes

Originally posted by E
                    I thought we fixed that bug a long time ago. And it sounds like you downloaded the latests rars and build. I think Fromafar was the one that fixed it before hopefully he can have a look at it soon. in the meantime I guess don't try the tab
                    Probably it is another problem. I also observed it. It can be easily reproduced: 1. Start a new game or load a savegame. 2. Open the ranking tab. 3. Start a new game or load a savegame. 4. Open the ranking tab. And then crash.

I used the debugger to look a little bit closer on it, but the closer I looked on it the more volatile become the reprted crash location. Therefore I conclude that this has something to do with usage of unalocated memory.

Originally posted by Dani
                    (But one question: why is it so much harder than the original game?)
                    Simply the original AI was so lame. So we added something that allows the AI to use the stuff - at least some of it - a human player can use.

Also I am not sure which .Net-Framework is needed. I went to the download page of MS but the installer said I had a different version yet installed. So I left it untouched.
                    Actually I stated in the first post of this thread that you don't need any additional *.dll files, so don't bother with it.

But for the "latest" build: Why don't you put them on one (ftp) directory, so everyone can be sure to get the latest changes?
                    There are on one directory, just splitt in three files and an update. Well, maybe E was a little bit unclear about it so I made the first post a little bit clearer. But there is a little downside of E's builds, E used the introductory version of MSVC++ 6. Actually a demo version with a compiler without code optimisation features, therefore his builds are a little bit slow. Unless E applied the SP6 of MSVC++ 6 and it worked, these builds should be considered somehow unofficial. And therefore there are an addition. And the other reason is - probably more important that the download files are anything else than small, and we don't want to upload more data than necessary and you don't want to download more than necessary.

But when I tried (the first time) just to copy the latest build over the old original game, I got missing dlls (e.g. libtiff3.dll), that just seem to be in the three rars from September 2006.
                    And that is the time to conclude that also the three *.rar files are necessary. So what's the problem here?

I have the english version of the original game. It was (I think six years ago) a bit complicated to get it in Germany but I found a store in Munich that sold it (to a considerably higher price)
                    I do not know whether this is relevant, I just wanted to tell.
                    So what is the problem here, it is more likely that we have all the files in English here than in another language, but anyway whatever language you use we should have them all and if not you could provide us with a proper tranlation of the files you need.

And then I have some questions: Do you plan to add the sky colonies from CTP1 to the project?
                    No, we don't. Actually there are other things to do than that. But if you want to do it - no problem.

And what I also missed in CTP2 is the window that tells: There is oe settler ready in ... and the eye icon.
                    I don't think that we have seperate settler finish messages. But you can add such an eye button on the wonder, building and unit messages, if it is still missing.

And what I do not like in the original CTP2 is that you get no reply if someone takes over a city. And if you have many cities it is not that easy to keep track.
                    Well here you have to be a little bit more specific, I don't know what you mean, and actually in CTP2 you don't have as many cities as in CTP1, because you have a much greater city radius.

Ehm, is there an instruction where to put which files?
                    I downloaded the Visual Studio Express Version but now I do not know what to do ...
                    Maybe you should start with the Apolyton CTP2 Source Code_Readme.txt it contains some instructions for MSVS6, probably this is a good start, but there may be some differences.

Originally posted by E
                    I enabledLogs in my userprofile.txt. Martin, Fromafar any idea why thats happening?
                    Well, then you should try the debug version, E. At least you would find something out.

-Martin
                    Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Sorry about that E.I see what did wrong.Moved that file to see what size it was. But now we know that there is a bug so I will wait to see what happens.
                      Thanks Martin.Will do that in that future when a bug causes a crash.

Comment

Protra
                        i'll play around it with it. I have a hunch it may involve the citydrawicons. I moved them to one location because I had problems and Martin moved them again, but maybe he didn't have the problems I did but now we do. hopefully thats it, its an easy fix...if not it might be awhile

Comment

Good news

I still have to check on that special unit bug but I'm ready to make this announcement

First, I completed by Hidden Nationality code. Far easier than I thought it would be but finally my skills have caught up. If anyone has noticed Hidden Nationality has been a quest of mine since I first got Ctp2 :wow: (back then I wanted to slic it)

Secondly, especially for Maq, I have made it so CtP2 uses Civilization flags instead of colored heralds. I created some 70 Civ flags digging p the old (yet awesome) work of Civ2 (yes, civ II) that did a cool mod way back in the last century (1900s). Some flags I have been creative on for example as the picture below shows I used an old siam flag with an elephant for Carthage and the Fluer de leis (sp) old french flag for celts (to keep in the game for later and what other flag would be possible).

I made the heralds invisible but have their number show on the civ flag. One possibility is to have a civ colored bar with the number. I'm open to suggestions.
                          the bottom fringe of the flag shows the civ color.

Lastly, I have a civ related issue. I notice there is a jamaica/poland conflict. All Jamaica headers but Poland data. I recall Jamaica was part of Ctp1. Can anyone get me a copy of CTP1 civilisation.txt file? I think we should replace Harrapan with Jamaica and fix the Jamaica headers to POLAND ones. any thoughts?
                          Attached Files

Comment

Re: Good news

Originally posted by E
                            Lastly, I have a civ related issue. I notice there is a jamaica/poland conflict. All Jamaica headers but Poland data.
                            No, E there isn't a conflict, actually I don't have Poland in my game either. But I have a Polen there, that's because my game is in German. Calling this a Poland/Polen conflict is rediculous. And by the way what you call headers are StringIDs.

Originally posted by E
                            I recall Jamaica was part of Ctp1. Can anyone get me a copy of CTP1 civilisation.txt file?
                            That won't help you since the actual texts are stored in a file called civ_str.txt.

Originally posted by E
                            I think we should replace Harrapan with Jamaica and fix the Jamaica headers to POLAND ones. any thoughts?
                            Well you can add a civilisation but you can't remove one, all you have to do is to fix the interface. And by the way in a more intelegent manner than just adding another button.

-Martin
                            Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Re: Re: Good news

Originally posted by Martin Gühmann

No, E there isn't a conflict, actually I don't have Poland in my game either. But I have a Polen there, that's because my game is in German. Calling this a Poland/Polen conflict is rediculous. And by the way what you call headers are StringIDs.

That won't help you since the actual texts are stored in a file called civ_str.txt.

Well you can add a civilisation but you can't remove one, all you have to do is to fix the interface. And by the way in a more intelegent manner than just adding another button.

-Martin

Ok, my view is thta since there are Jamaica string ids we repalce them with a ajamaica civ which is currently using poland stuff. in place of harrapan i would create poland stuff. there will still be a civ in that slot but the instead of HARRAPAN_CIV it would be POLAND_CIV etc. I'll do all the language work. or are you arguing that we should just leave it alone?

Comment

On a more important note. Something is wrong with crash.txt. I created a debugctp2.exe i have logs enabled and i attempted to recreate the diplomat crash that protra reported on.

the game crash, but i got no pop-up saying where the error is. And I look in my folders and crash.txt is gone. no file.

but civ3log worked and this is what it said:
                                Code:
                                   ArmyData.cpp@6258: Army 0xd000000a Executing order 24 @ (11,77), turn=0
                                   SlicFunc.cpp@542 : Slic_Text: A {player[0].civ_name_singular} {unitrecord[0].name} has established an embassy with us in our city of {city[0].name}.
                                   SlicFunc.cpp@542 : Slic_Text: Our {unitrecord[0].name} has established a new embassy in the {player[0].civ_name_singular} city of {city[0].name}.
                                    ObjPool.cpp@102 : ObjPool: Inserting object id c0000001
                                    SelItem.cpp@1491: POS 10 77 : DROP
                                    SelItem.cpp@1492:  ai 10 87
                                    SelItem.cpp@1493:  xy 0 77
                                    SelItem.cpp@1494: zoc 0x2, owner 1
                                    SelItem.cpp@1495: 
                                  civ3_main.cpp@1447: Exception: 'Access Violation' thrown.
                                  civ3_main.cpp@1449: Exception Stack Trace:
                                  0x004ab729  [public: unsigned int __thiscall Director::ProcessActiveEffects(void) + 0x89]
                                  0x004a770a  [public: void __thiscall Director::Process(void) + 0x3a]
                                  0x0046e3cf  [public: int __thiscall CivApp::ProcessUI(unsigned int,unsigned int &) + 0x22f]
                                  0x0046e90e  [public: int __thiscall CivApp::Process(void) + 0xce]
                                  0x00462ca8  [int __stdcall CivMain(struct HINSTANCE__ *,struct HINSTANCE__ *,char *,int) + 0x3c8]
                                  0x00462291  [WinMain@16 + 0x81]
                                  0x00b8c3f3  [WinMainCRTStartup + 0x1b3]
                                  0x7c816fd7  [\177zlib1_NULL_THUNK_DATA + 0x7b5ae807]

c3debug.cpp@320 : Assertion (errcode == AUI_ERRCODE_OK) Failed in File:C:\Documents and Settings\e\My Documents\svncode\trunk\ctp2_code\ui\aui_common\aui_mouse.cpp, Line:850
                                    c3debug.cpp@321 : Stack Trace: '  0x004587a0  [char * __cdecl c3debug_StackTrace(void) + 0x20]
                                  0x00453211  [void __cdecl c3debug_Assert(char const *,char const *,int) + 0x61]
                                  0x00898da2  [public: virtual enum AUI_ERRCODE __thiscall aui_Mouse::ReactToInput(void) + 0x1d2]
                                  0x008e5fa7  [public: virtual enum AUI_ERRCODE __thiscall aui_DirectMouse::ReactToInput(void) + 0x17]
                                  0x00898771  [unsigned long __stdcall MouseThreadProc(void *) + 0x71]
                                  0x7c80b683  [\177zlib1_NULL_THUNK_DATA + 0x7b5a2eb3]
                                Last edited by Ekmek; February 22, 2007, 19:00.

Comment

Working...
                                X