Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• awesome is this with 700 or 714? you try the toggles?
    Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

• This was 700, I havent tried it with 714 yet, but i hope to pretty soon. Just to keep the reporting up to date.
      Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
      CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
      One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

• Looks good Maquiladora!In my game using playtest with 8 civilizations one faction got up to 40 cities-2 over 30 the rest between 20 and 30.This after 400 turns.
        Using the cheat I can see the AI,s building over 200 units,Good mix too.Downloaded the new build 714 and will be my in my next game soon.
        Maquiladora how is the AI at war?Have yet to get in any wars too many weak units. Building up to it but will take a cross water invasion to do it,Barbarian ships with ironclads have cut me off for now.My border is with Canada and they are the most powerful and strongest of all civs.Im between a rock and hard place.

Comment

• Originally posted by Protra3211
          Looks good Maquiladora!In my game using playtest with 8 civilizations one faction got up to 40 cities-2 over 30 the rest between 20 and 30.This after 400 turns.
          There has definitely been improvements made to the AI settling. Last time i tried a long term game the AI was rarely going above 20 cities, being too occupied with war or unimportant city buildings. Now even when they build all the cities they can, they still hold 4 or 5 settlers spare for any spaces to grab.

They also seem to have improved their road/rail network building. Sometimes its not complete in expensive areas (over mountains/forests etc) and they choose to build mines instead, but they improve the most important areas first.

See the Welsh (Pink) in the bottom screenshot. They built railroad where they were at war first, but none around Cardiff because i have a peace treaty with them. Coincidence? I dont know.

Although I would have prefered them to build farms/nets/terraforming on those desert cities first, but thats a different matter.

Using the cheat I can see the AI,s building over 200 units,Good mix too.
          Same here. The only thing i havent seen the AI use is Warriors/Samurai, but i think this is because they usually start with Bronze Working on Impossible so they start with Hoplites, theyve no need for Warriors. Which is why we never see them upgraded to Samurai. I also suspect the AI reaches Infantryman before it can build many Samurai.

Maquiladora how is the AI at war?
          Its hard to say. The war I had was really early, and I think the AI was unprepared. It was trapped on a small piece of our continent, and they were busy trying to transport Settlers anywhere they could find. They had 4-5 units per city, Pikemen+Archers/Catapults in my first raid, then when I got Fascism and raided again they had Infantryman. That was tougher, but they couldnt focus their defence on one city, which was probably because I was attacking with Knights.

Have yet to get in any wars too many weak units. Building up to it but will take a cross water invasion to do it,Barbarian ships with ironclads have cut me off for now.My border is with Canada and they are the most powerful and strongest of all civs.Im between a rock and hard place.
          I dont know how good the AI is in offence yet, but its definitely intimidating seeing so many units. Ive been at the bottom of the military rank all game, my only savour has been using old diplomacy tricks to keep them happy.
          Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)

Comment

• I tried carrying on my current game with 714, but i got a similar error as i reported above. Happens on an AI turn.

Code:
              0x0053c5c2  [?CanThisCargoUnloadAt@UnitData@@QBE_NABVUnit@@ABVMapPoint@@1AB_N@Z + 0x5c]
              0x0053c54f  [?CanAtLeastOneCargoUnloadAt@UnitData@@QBE_NABVMapPoint@@0AB_N@Z + 0x60]
              0x00536d4f  [?CanAtLeastOneCargoUnloadAt@Unit@@QBE_NABVMapPoint@@0AB_N@Z + 0x22]
              0x004a862e  [?CanAtLeastOneCargoUnloadAt@ArmyData@@QBE_NABVMapPoint@@0AB_N@Z + 0x47]
              0x004943c2  [?CanAtLeastOneCargoUnloadAt@Army@@QBE_NABVMapPoint@@0_N@Z + 0x22]
              0x00730440  [?TransportPathCallback@RobotAstar2@@AAEHABHABVMapPoint@@10AAMAAW4ASTAR_ENTRY_TYPE@@@Z + 0xdb]
              0x0073095b  [?EntryCost@RobotAstar2@@EAEHABVMapPoint@@0AAMAAHAAW4ASTAR_ENTRY_TYPE@@@Z + 0x69]
              0x0073210c  [?InitPoint@UnitAstar@@UAEHPAVAstarPoint@@0ABVMapPoint@@M1@Z + 0x126]
              0x0072cedd  [?FindPath@Astar@@QAE_NABVMapPoint@@0AAVPath@@AAMHHAAH@Z + 0x5fc]
              0x00733e02  [?FindPath@UnitAstar@@QAEHVArmy@@HIIABVMapPoint@@H1AAVPath@@AAH2AAMHHHH3ABHHH@Z + 0x4ca]
              0x00730852  [?FindPath@RobotAstar2@@QAE_NABW4PathType@1@ABVArmy@@ABIABVMapPoint@@3AB_NABHABMAAVPath@@AAM@Z + 0x1fc]
              0x009c2a11  [?FindPathToBoard@CTPAgent@@QAE_NABIABVMapPoint@@AB_NAAVPath@@@Z + 0xea]
              0x009bb8ed  [?GotoTransportTaskSolution@CTPGoal@@IAE_NPAVCTPAgent@@0ABW4SUB_TASK_TYPE@@@Z + 0x4a9]
              0x009be132  [?LoadTransport@CTPGoal@@IAE_NPAVCTPAgent@@0@Z + 0xb6]
              0x009bde3b  [?TryTransport@CTPGoal@@IAE_NPAVCTPAgent@@ABVMapPoint@@@Z + 0xbf]
              0x009bc875  [?GotoGoalTaskSolution@CTPGoal@@IAE_NPAVCTPAgent@@ABVMapPoint@@ABW4SUB_TASK_TYPE@@@Z + 0xa7b]
              0x009b9195  [?Execute_Task@CTPGoal@@UAE?AW4GOAL_RESULT@@XZ + 0x33b]
              0x009a4776  [?Execute_Task@Plan@@QAE?AW4GOAL_RESULT@@XZ + 0x23]
              0x009a949f  [?Match_Resources@Scheduler@@QAEX_N@Z + 0xe7]
              0x009e4941  [?GEVHookCallback@CtpAi_ProcessMatchesEvent@@EAE?AW4GAME_EVENT_HOOK_DISPOSITION@@W4GAME_EVENT@@PAVGameEventArgList@@@Z + 0x99]
              0x0061cec1  [?Activate@GameEventHook@@QBE?AW4GAME_EVENT_ERR@@PAVGameEventArgList@@HAAH@Z + 0x9b]
              0x0061dc4e  [?ActivateHook@GameEventManager@@QAE?AW4GAME_EVENT_ERR@@W4GAME_EVENT@@PAVGameEventArgList@@HAAH@Z + 0x40]
              0x0061b1fb  [?Process@GameEvent@@QAE?AW4GAME_EVENT_ERR@@XZ + 0x2d]
              0x0061da23  [?ProcessHead@GameEventManager@@QAE?AW4GAME_EVENT_ERR@@XZ + 0x4b]
              0x0061d9ae  [?Process@GameEventManager@@QAE?AW4GAME_EVENT_ERR@@XZ + 0xa0]
              0x0040f6a2  [?Process@CivApp@@QAEHXZ + 0x101]
              0x0040889e  [?CivMain@@YGHPAUHINSTANCE__@@0PADH@Z + 0x3ea]
              0x004082db  [WinMain@16 + 0x72]
              0x009f4e7c  [WinMainCRTStartup + 0x134]
            Attached Files

Comment

• I had a mess around with the unit icons in rev700, to try and get a good setup. I had to alter some stuff to try and get it right together. The original herald i made into a normal panel for the civ colour+stack number. Used the original herald in place of the new flags, becuse it seems to be a bit bigger. And made a nifty new Roman flag.

Anyway sadly i seem to have come to an end, as theres no way around the veteran icon moving, which depends on a unit being grouped or not. If i make it longer it overlaps the flag ungrouped, if shorter (like in the pic) its too low because the grouped icon bumps it down.

Kind of useless experiment, but thought i should share it anyway.
              Attached Files

Comment

• Overall it seems the easiest way would be to have the new flags on top of the healthbar. Then everything below the healthbar doesnt need to move.

Then change the original civ-colour heralds to normal rectangles, to differentiate them from the flags.

Comment

• I made a new capital icon using the group icon. It fits a little better over the pop number.

Does anything go to the left of the pop number? If not, that would be an even better place for the capital icon. It could be a bit bigger there aswell.
                  Attached Files

Comment

• The capital icon.
                    Attached Files

Comment

• i think everything goes left of the nextpop square. I like your capital Icon so I'll add. I was thinking of adding an option where the pop number is on the capitol icon and putting the capitol icon where the number is so its not on top but behind it and number would go on the star.

the other thing i was thinking of doing was adding the civflag where population is too.

if i get something working I'll post screenshots for feedback

Comment

• Originally posted by E
                        i think everything goes left of the nextpop square.

I was thinking of adding an option where the pop number is on the capitol icon and putting the capitol icon where the number is so its not on top but behind it and number would go on the star.
                        I like this idea E. Afterall theres only one capital per civ, so it doesnt need to take up more space around the other icons/text, just for one city.

Not sure how visible the pop number would be, also the pop number isnt in a square box for the star. Maybe it could still work though.

Also might be best to leave the pop number/box the same size and position, so it doesnt cause more conflict with all the icons that go the left. But youd know more about that than me.

the other thing i was thinking of doing was adding the civflag where population is too.
                        This sounds even better Maybe not important to do it right away, but itd definitely be a nice touch.

if i get something working I'll post screenshots for feedback
                        If you can wait a couple of days, ill try and put together some potential layouts. See what they all look like together.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maquiladora

If you can wait a couple of days, ill try and put together some potential layouts. See what they all look like together.

will do. And looking forward to it. FYI the way the code puts icons in is that it creates a rectangle and then you use code to put the icon into it in order for it to show in game. for the pop rectangles it creates the rectangle and the game just draws a color in there. basically everything works that way so picture all icons as rectangles and they are positioned with pixel x, y coordinates.

i hope that made sense

Comment

• Revision Build 716

These files need to be installed first

LATEST PLAYTEST: September 9th 2006

2006.09.09.CTP2.Playtest.1of3.rar
                            2006.08.26.CTP2.Playtest.2of3.rar
                            2006.08.26.CTP2.Playtest.3of3.rar

Then install this

LATEST BUILD REV 716: March 30th 2007

Rev716

The nice new features include the 'rules' screen where you should see some more options. in game you can check out the 'graphics' and 'gameplay' from the options window that gives you some toggles.

@Maq: I tried your savegame and it works so it looks like the cargo crash is gone. so give it a run and let us know if anything else pops up.

Edit: Removed links. For an up to date version of the Apolyton edition click here.
                            Last edited by Martin Gühmann; May 22, 2008, 17:09.

Comment

• The cargo crash is gone but I have a few others to report.

Im not sure if theyre because im using a different revision to what i saved the game under (i know some arent, theyre old bugs), but ill report them all anyway. Ill post them in different posts so i can attach an image with each.

The first, i upgraded a Hoplite to an Infantryman, shown in the pic, but the smaller pic in the panel is still of the Hoplite. I could only get this to happen once though.

Dont worry, the other bugs are slightly more "buggy".
                              Attached Files

Comment

• This one happens as soon as i end the first turn after loading up the game.

The ranking/score/wonder menus all dont work when i try them from the top bar. F9 also doesnt work.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X