Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fugi the Great I would be nice if the number of cities allowed were in

proportion to the world size I am playing on.
    That's why I have adjusted the numbers in my .txt files to the size of map I always play, gigantic.

Originally posted by E The last few things I'd like to see though is a hard coded kill city

option, fleshing out visible wonders (so far it appears to work) and finish my colony code.
    That would be handy, the kill-city, although I kinda like starving them out and using the settlers to rebuild an area

of captured cities I've just melted down (including selling off all their stuff and using them to make infrastructure

for me) the way I want it laid out.

What is the colony code?

Comment

• Okay a 584 build si up with Martin's fixes...

@Percuno
      My colony code is to allow a player to build a tile imp outside a city on a good and give that good to the first available city. I just need to figure that part out, I alread can have a unit disband and make the tileimp.
      Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

• Been playtesting the build 583b-about 100 turns and noticed the AI having diplomatic relations with itself. Like a alliance and it could not have been with me because I was the only civ it met. Odd didnt see this before.
        Only have the playtest along with your build 583b.I also did a fresh intall of CtP2 and removed all files anywhere in the system that I had used before I did the install.

Comment

• ah, so bureaubert's problem is out there. I haven't seen it yet. How do you tell its having diplomacy with itself? is it messages or in the diplomacy screen?

Comment

• Playtesters,

Since I usually play my Civ3mod I don't remember the regular unit tree as well. However, attached is a Units.txt that is the same as the normal game but I added the upgrading sequence.

for now it is only for Infantry and pre-tank Cavalry units (I prefer t that way but its open to debate). But I'm not sure I got the upgrade paths right. If there are any crashes let me know what units were available and what unit crashed the game because upgrading doesn't work if the unit can upgrade to both units that are available at the same time (I hope I didn't make it upgradeable to units that are avail but I might have)

Also how to implement upgrading is pretty clear now in the units.txt I posted (the flag UpgradeTo UNIT_X) so feel free to update as you feel fit.

But I figure since upgrading is in, and purists like Tamerlin probably won't object, I'm thinking this units.txt (once checked out) should be added to the playtest since it doesn't alter the game in a major way.
            Attached Files

Comment

• Re: AoM3 for AE

Originally posted by E
              # disbanding cities. Thats a feature I'd ike to add a long with the capture city options found in some mods. But that requires a mixture of coding and slic. I think I can hnadle the coding part but not the Slic.
              Yeah, I do that with cities that have a lower than 3 population. But what about the huge cities?

Originally posted by E
              I recall cruise missiles are actually attack units and if the city is empty it cant target it because in units.txt it probably has the flag CantCaptureCities. I'll double check the barbs thing though.
              Can you make the cruise missile has a "nuke"-type effect? not like, the real nuke effect, but, instead, it decimates the city's population, lets say, by 1, and, a chance to destroy improvements?

A missile taking over a city would be like,

EDIT: Forgot to mention that the playtest has problems disbanding units, and sometimes it locks up on terrains (cant move, but disband and do other actions)

I'll try rev584, thanks E
              Last edited by LemurMadness; June 6, 2006, 19:34.

Comment

• Originally posted by LemurMadness
                Can you make the cruise missile has a "nuke"-type effect? not like, the real nuke effect, but, instead, it decimates the city's population, lets say, by 1, and, a chance to destroy improvements?

Its already there! I added it a few revisions ago. But instead of attack it has to a bombard unit. Then you add the flag TargetsCivilians or PrecisionStrike.

However I think I made it either/or because a cruise missile was to destroy improvements but a terrorist would kill population (by 1)

EDIT: Forgot to mention that the playtest has problems disbanding units, and sometimes it locks up on terrains (cant move, but disband and do other actions)
                Ok, I think I fixed the disband prob will test later. not sure about the terrain lock up. I haven't seen it yet. Does it mean you can't move into a terrain or out of a terrain? sometimes you don't have enough move points to move to another terrain but your unit can still do actions (like bombard etc)
                Last edited by Ekmek; June 6, 2006, 19:42.

Comment

• Re: Re: AoM3 for AE

Originally posted by LemurMadness
                  A missile taking over a city would be like,
                  ACME Trojan Cruise Missile ©1997 ACME Inc.

Call now and ask for Helen

Comment

• Originally posted by E
                    @Percuno
                    My colony code is to allow a player to build a tile imp outside a city on a good and give that good to the first available city.
                    Like in Civ III?

Comment

• Hi E

It was in the Diplomacy Manager screen only.No other screen.The picture of two hands held together.As soon as regard changed it was gone. There was no warning of a broken treaty or any thing like that.Does not seem to be a problem as this is the first time I have seen that but no harm as it didnt change AI stance with me.
                      So im loading up lastest build and im ready to go at it.
                      Its looking good E. Seems the forums are being watched for whats next. Civ3 mod looks good .

Comment

• Originally posted by E
                        Ok, I think I fixed the disband prob will test later. not sure about the terrain lock up. I haven't seen it yet. Does it mean you can't move into a terrain or out of a terrain? sometimes you don't have enough move points to move to another terrain but your unit can still do actions (like bombard etc)
                        I cant move out of a terrain, and there is enough move points (12 tanks stacked ) however, I can do other actions

If I get a save with the bug, ill post it in here

Comment

• I've had success grouping and ungrouping all of the units once or twice in that situation.

Comment

• Originally posted by LemurMadness

I cant move out of a terrain, and there is enough move points (12 tanks stacked ) however, I can do other actions

If I get a save with the bug, ill post it in here
                            Yes, please post the save I haven't seen that yet...

Originally posted by percuno [/size]

I've had success grouping and ungrouping all of the units once or twice in that situation.
                            Ah is that sarcasm or did the grouping and ungrouping enable movement again? In that instance I'm assuming you did it to remove the unit that didn't have enough move points.

Comment

• Basically yes, group all to make sure I affect everything on that tile, ungroup to separate them so that each unit's full move for the turn could be used up individually. Seems to work much like RAID, it kills that "bug" dead

Comment

• Originally posted by percuno

Like in Civ III?
                                close, you wouldn't need a road to connect, just have it and the AI would pillage it. I can make able to be captured to.

The other stuff that is similar isthat you can have an imp way out side your territory but have the gold added to your treasury or the production to PW. I've also set it up to do a radius to collect everything in that imp's radius. This sould create an option for not doing city sprawl...

however, like forts I haven't found a way for the AI to use them yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X