This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Info about the future rev

First, I wish everybody a happy new year...

A question E : will the Updater and the Longbowman still be part of the future rev ?

As far as I am concerned, I hope so.
    "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

• Tamerlin,

I believe I did have those in the 663b build. I guess there was an issue because they were popping up in saved games, but I don't see a problem with it

I'm looking to release another build in the next few days so I'll be sure to include them. Worse case scenario they will be in the AEmod folder and you can start a new game with them through that.
      Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

• Originally posted by E
        I believe I did have those in the 663b build. I guess there was an issue because they were popping up in saved games, but I don't see a problem with it
        Yes, they are both in the 663b build.

I'm looking to release another build in the next few days so I'll be sure to include them. Worse case scenario they will be in the AEmod folder and you can start a new game with them through that.
        Thanks for your answer, since I have tested the first Unit Updater (it takes me back to the SAP2), I can't play a game without it.

By the way, did someone check the files I have tweaked in order to incorporate the Longbowman. Even if the unit works, I don't know if I have modified the files adequately and if other files should also be modified.
        "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

• I haven't checked but it just requires changes to unit.txt, uniticon.txt and the ldl_str.txt so I thionk you got them all. If any crashes show up it should be a quick fix though.
          Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

• Originally posted by E
            What is the g_e3Demo?
            Maybe you should ask what is the E3. It is the Electronic Entertainment Expo. An expo for video games. So probably g_e3Demo was related to some functionality for the that expo in CTP1 or CTP2.

Originally posted by E
            Protra I'm looking to release another playtest build soon, mainyly since Martin said he reduced the end game lag.
            Well it is just a reducement not an abolishment of it. But it seems that the AI can now handle oversea goals better. One tiny problem is that it needs to build transports before it has possible oversea goals.

Originally posted by E
            A question E : will the Updater and the Longbowman still be part of the future rev ?
            Well it will be part of future versions, even this means I have to find some defects to make it work as supposed. And there will be an option to disable the updater so that my test games aren't interfered by the updater.

-Martin
            Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

• Well I just noticed that this thread has reached the 500 posts limit therefore here is a new one. Please continue discussion there.

-Martin
              Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin Gühmann

Well it will be part of future versions, even this means I have to find some defects to make it work as supposed. And there will be an option to disable the updater so that my test games aren't interfered by the updater.

-Martin
                Thanks Martin, I have not tested the Updater along a full game but I have not seen any problem.

Are there bugs or is there a problem with the game flow ?

Comment

Working...
                X