DEBUG?: Radar and RadarRange

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DEBUG?: Radar and RadarRange

The way I guess the radar and radarrange flags are supposed to work is, you can see enemy air/underwater units on your minimap that are outside your vision range but inside your radar range. But this doesnt work.

The radar station is set to only cansee:standard, also there are no air units with the stealth ability anyway so the radar station is just a better version of the listening post. Sea units there are a few stealth types, but theyre underwater units, like submarine and crawler.

But the radar flag in tileimp.txt doesnt do anything at the moment. The sonar buoy in tileimp.txt has cansee:underwater and it has 4 vision and 4 radarrange, but when you increase the radar it can still only see underwater units within its normal 4 vision, so radarrange isnt working. In fact I took out radar and radarrange altogether and the sonar buoy still worked as before.

So for radar and radarrange there are two choices how they should work, either

1, when an air/underwater unit is within radar range but not normal vision range it ONLY shows air/underwater units on the minimap (but not show other units within radar range), or

2, when an air/underwater unit is within radar range but not normal vision range they show on the main map AND minimap (but not show other units within radar range).

obviously when an air/underwater unit is within radar range AND normal vision range (of a radar's/buoy's normal vision) it should definitely show on the main map.

1 sounds more like it was supposed to work, but the AI wouldnt know what the dots on its minimap were, would they?

I dont know if this has been mentioned before, but its definitely the same for the playtest and 1.11 patch versions.
    Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
    CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
    One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Maq did you do a search in the code for radar?
    Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

Dont ask me I just find bugs

I had planned to set the code up again eventually, seems like a more enjoyable way to learn something like this, for me at least.

If someone doesnt step in im sure ill dig around in the dark for something eventually.
      Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)

Comment

Go for the digmaq I'm too tied up with trying to add some touches to the code (and my tiles). I may get to it but I have a list of things I'd like to make available to modders...
        Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

I think (1) is the way it worked in CTP, and AFAIK almost noone ever bother to build radar stations, because just seeing things on the minimap isn't really that helpful.

OTOH, I think seeing them on the main map is too helpful.

Comment

So are you saying scrap the whole idea of radar and sonar? I can see Martin snapping his pencils

The really useful thing comes with seeing things on the minimap that are still under the fog of war. The worthless part is still you could see 4 single dots on the minimap but its actually 48 Bombers in full stacks bearing down on you.

I'd like to see the feature at least working as intended though.

Comment

Working...
            X