This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fugi the Great
    Found another area where certain units can not move into. If you look at the picture, it's a little busy there, but the area in question is where the two squadrons of bombers are. Machine Gunners, Artillery, and Tanks can not move into this area, eventhough there is a green line attached to the tank for example that shows it should be possible to do so. The fact that my bombers are in that square proves there are no invisible enemies in that square. There is no other enemy armies close enough to not let me move into that area due to their zone of control.
    Sounds weird but have you tried moving into that square with the number pad keys?

Are you using drag and drop to move or "m" (or whichever key for "path" command) and left-click?

Obviously there seems to be a problem still, but ive never had this problem using the numpad or "m" for longer routes, but ive heard of other bugs using drag and drop.
    Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
    CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
    One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maquiladora
      Here is a flat map 60*167 [...]
      Is there any way i can fix this without losing my map?
      At the moment, the only way would be to rotate it 90 degrees, and have a 167 * 60 map.
      The current implementation of the coordinate transformations will not work properly for maps that have y larger than 2 * x. The second x-0-diagonal is actually the last diagonal that is still working properly. Any diagonals below it will get assigned negative x values, and this will result in incorrect computations and validity checks.

Comment

• I assume from your wording any fix would be a big job, even perhaps reworking the way coordinates work from scratch, i certainly wouldnt want or expect that for such a rare problem. Oh well, thanks for checking that out for me.
        Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)

Comment

• Fortunately, it is not that bad . Only the transformation functions between the various coordinate systems have to be modified. And it is not even that difficult or large a change, once you know what to look for.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fromafar
            Fortunately, it is not that bad . Only the transformation functions between the various coordinate systems have to be modified. And it is not even that difficult or large a change, once you know what to look for.
            I assume you know what to look for? Well i was about to start rebuilding my map but this sounds good so ill leave it for now...

Comment

• CTD last night - reload from autosave today - play complete turn 487 with no problems

Maquiladora - could not duplicate problem today, I usually use drag and drop, never use keypad, only time I use keyboard is for (f)ortifying or (s)entry.
              Maybe (B)ombard when I get tired of it not letting me do it with the mouse and I get that "thunk" noise instead. You really want to make me happy, fix that first, man that is annoying. Then make it so that when you hit the sentry button with the mouse it moves on to the next unit like it does when you hit the fortify button, instead of just sitting there.

beginning of turn 488 - CTD - CTP.exe not running, music stopped
              reload from autosave play complete turn 489 with no problems
              beginning of next 490 - "building complete", pick next tech to research - CTD - CTP.exe still running, close CTP.exe via Taskmanager - music still running, pull CD out to stop music
              reinsert CD
              reload from autosave, play complete turn 491 with no problems
              beginning of turn 492 - "building complete" then CTD - CTP.exe still running, music was not playing from autosave
              reload from autosave, play complete turn 493 with no problems
              beginning of turn 494 - "building complete" then CTD - CTP.exe not running - music stopped
              reload from autosave, play complete turn 495 with no problems
              begin turn 496 - "Building complete" then CTD - CTP.exe not running, music stopped
              reload from autosave, play complete turn 497 with no problems
              begin turn 498 - "Building complete" then CTD - CTP.exe not running, music stopped

okay that's enough, you get the picture. Getting a CTD every other turn right now at the beginning of the turn, right after "building complete" and whenever the autosave does it's thing.

edit: just had another CTD directly after I selected a new tech to research at the beginning of turn 506, ctp.exe was still running, had to shut it down via Task Manager, music eventually quit when the song ended. Hope this helps locate where the glitch is in the program, if that is what it is. Not exactly sure it remembered what I wanted to research before it autosaved though.
              edit2: turn 507, CTD after negotiate ceasefire, reloaded autosave from 506, worked okay through 507, turn 508 started, "building complete", unit started marching automatically, moved one space and stopped (sound of marching still there) next unit needing new orders with green cursor already around it, then marching sound stops - CTD. Enough for today.
              here are the Crash.txt files if they will help anyone
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Fugi the Great; June 7, 2005, 01:01.
              What do I think of Western civilization? I think it would be a very good idea.
              Mohandas Gandhi

Comment

• Guess I am done with that game. Looks like the game aborted on beginning of turn 569 due to two errors:

SLIC Error C:\~\gamedata\script.slc:2559: Array index 0 out of bounds.
                Click OK. then:

SLIC Command Error Array lookup unitrecord[0] failed

Game reloaded from autosave but aborts at the same place with the same errors.
                Mohandas Gandhi

Comment

• Some things:

1. When selecting Brazilians (?) in the Choose Civilization menu, onMouseOver the button, the text changes to Barbarians. On moving the mouse away, whether or not it is selected, the button comes up again and the text stays as barbarians until another button is pressed.

2. Trying to change the map topology gives me the errors: upba5700.tga and upba5701.tga not found. This must be just me I guess. Where can I get the files?

3. Choosing the number of civilisations gives a crash to desktop and no error. Crash.txt reads:
                  Code:
                  [size=1]
                    0x0066c571  [??0ctp2_Spinner@@QAE@PAW4AUI_ERRCODE@@KPADP6AXPAVaui_Control@@KKPAX@Z3@Z + 0x131]
                    0x006cf638  [?spnewgameplayersscreen_Initialize@@YA?AW4AUI_ERRCODE@@P6AXPAVaui_Control@@KKPAX@Z@Z + 0x188]
                    0x006cf3b2  [?spnewgameplayersscreen_displayMyWindow@@YAJXZ + 0x12]
                    0x005e25db  [?MouseLDropInside@aui_Button@@MAAXPAUaui_MouseEvent@@@Z + 0xdb]
                    0x0066629a  [?MouseLDropInside@ctp2_Button@@UAAXPAUaui_MouseEvent@@@Z + 0x1a]
                    0x00605aa2  [?MouseDispatch@aui_Region@@QAEXPAUaui_MouseEvent@@H@Z + 0x322]
                    0x00603e5b  [?HandleMouseEvent@aui_Region@@QAE?AW4AUI_ERRCODE@@PAUaui_MouseEvent@@H@Z + 0x11b]
                    0x00603dcc  [?HandleMouseEvent@aui_Region@@QAE?AW4AUI_ERRCODE@@PAUaui_MouseEvent@@H@Z + 0x8c]
                    0x00613d69  [?HandleMouseEvents@aui_UI@@QAE?AW4AUI_ERRCODE@@JPAUaui_MouseEvent@@@Z + 0x99]
                    0x006143a3  [?Process@aui_UI@@UAE?AW4AUI_ERRCODE@@XZ + 0x23]
                    0x0040bf20  [?ProcessUI@CivApp@@QAEJKAAK@Z + 0x1a0]
                    0x0040c322  [?Process@CivApp@@QAEJXZ + 0x112]
                    0x00406f4e  [?CivMain@@YGHPAUHINSTANCE__@@0PADH@Z + 0x39e]
                    0x00406a05  [WinMain@16 + 0x65]
                    0x007b38cc  [WinMainCRTStartup + 0x134]
                    0x7c816d4f  [__onexitbegin + 0x7bcfdaf7]
                  [/size]
                  Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                  "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

• Originally posted by Immortal Wombat

1. verified, weird that it does that.
                    2. can not duplicate problem, is that part of a mod? - I do not have either one of those files on my computer.
                    3. can not duplicate problem, I have no problem selecting # of civ's to conquer, I mean liberate.
                    Mohandas Gandhi

Comment

3. Choosing the number of civilisations gives a crash to desktop and no error.
                      Did that happen when you were trying to open the window to alter the number of civs, or when you actually altered teh spinner for the number of civs? If the former, what values are given in userprofile.txt for NumPlayers, MaxPlayers and PlayerNumber?

Comment

• Fugi, did you used a different mod before you tried to start a new game? Exspecially a mod with more civs.

-Martin
                        Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

1. When selecting Brazilians (?) in the Choose Civilization menu, onMouseOver the button, the text changes to Barbarians. On moving the mouse away, whether or not it is selected, the button comes up again and the text stays as barbarians until another button is pressed.

2. Trying to change the map topology gives me the errors: upba5700.tga and upba5701.tga not found. This must be just me I guess. Where can I get the files?
                          1. The code has been fixed. This will be corrected in the next playtest release.
                          2. Can you check which spnewgamepopups.ldl is active? These files do not exist, and the references should have been removed, as indicated at the top of spnewgamepopups.ldl.

Comment

• Originally posted by J Bytheway
                            If the former, what values are given in userprofile.txt for NumPlayers, MaxPlayers and PlayerNumber?
                            The former. NumPlayers=4, MaxPlayers=0.

Originally posted by Fromafar
                            2. Can you check which spnewgamepopups.ldl is active? These files do not exist, and the references should have been removed, as indicated at the top of spnewgamepopups.ldl.
                            Which one is active? I have only one, and it seems to be the original. I only have the playtest patches from this thread installed, so if this was already fixed, I apologise.

(Incidentally will this patching method cause other problems?)
                            "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

• OK, maybe there is a problem with your installation. The 2005.05.23 patch was a small incremental update, and requires the 3 parts of the 2005.05.17 full patch. The updated spnewgamepopups.ldl should be in the 3rd part of the 2005.05.17 files.

Comment

• Ok, I repatched. Problems 2 and 3 go away.

Comment

Working...
                                X