[DESIGN] AI Ignoring huts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Big Mc
    Here a few new ideas I had for the modification to goodie huts.
    Slaves / pop
    Resource pile but how realistic is this one?
    Map
    Good
    Heel explain this one again...
    Happy pointless if only 1 turn/difficult to implement if to last more than 1 turn
    Death basically the same as barbarians

space goodie huts - These are a LONG way off
    underwater goody huts - But you do not find goodies laying around in the ocean
    ·Circuit·Boi·wannabe·
    "Evil reptilian kitten-eater from another planet."
    Call to Power 2 Source Code Project 2005.06.28 Apolyton Edition

Comment

Originally posted by Flinx

Resource pile but how realistic is this one?
      Very large amounts of resourses ( normaly preses things) can be stored in a villege that trades eg ion coal etc

Good
      many villages are built in areas of goods and remain small because of the limited revenue from these recourses from traders.

Heel explain this one again...
      Your units are help by tribes people living in the goody huts. Repairing a unit as if it was in a city.

Death basically the same as barbarians
      No not really this version just kills you unit not make a small army of barbarians which could take over a small city.

underwater goody huts - But you do not find goodies laying around in the ocean
      Yes you do find underwater goodies.

There are underwater ruins from both the time of the last ice age and geological disturbance. The treasure found in these could be priceless if found.
      "Every time I learn something new it pushes some old stuff out of my brain" Homer Jay Simpson
      The BIG MC making ctp2 a much unsafer place.
      Visit the big mc’s website

Comment

Your unit is enticed by the ways/beliefs/benifits (watever they maybe) of the minor civ/tribe and switches allegiance to the minor civs/tribes side

Rare and cannot happen to veteran units

I say Minor Civ, as i have mentioned the idea of minor civs before in an old thread (anyone played "Birth of the federation" ?) it was a very strong feature of the game and has not (afaik) been incoprated into any other civ type game (or TBS) i can think of.
        Would add another superb concept to CTP2 if it was incoprated

I will explain if anyone wants me too (if not i will wait till later development into CTP2 source code project )
        Oxygen should be considered a drug
        Tiberian Sun Retro
        My Mod for Tiberian Sun Webmaster of
        http://www.tiberiumsun.com

Comment

Note you shouldn't do it with obsolete units, because the Barbs in the hut own the very modern equipment.

So if I enter a Barb hut in the Modern age then Barb tanks will pop up?
          Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
          I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

i mentioned in another thread about barbarians changing to terrorists later in the game, and opting for more unconventional techniques

hmm, ill have to dig up all these old threads of mine
            Oxygen should be considered a drug
            Tiberian Sun Retro
            My Mod for Tiberian Sun Webmaster of
            http://www.tiberiumsun.com

Comment

Your units are help by tribes people living in the goody huts. Repairing a unit as if it was in a city.
              Oh you mean HEAL as in 'cure' or more appropriately 'restore to health'. I do not like this one. The results of a goody hut should always be available

Yes you do find underwater goodies.
              There are underwater ruins from both the time of the last ice age and geological disturbance. The treasure found in these could be priceless if found.

Originally posted by Solver
              So if I enter a Barb hut in the Modern age then Barb tanks will pop up?
              Yes

Originally posted by SMIFFGIG
              Your unit is enticed by the ways/beliefs/benifits (watever they maybe) of the minor civ/tribe and switches allegiance to the minor civs/tribes side. Rare and cannot happen to veteran units
              This is a good idea. Easiest to have the unit become a Barbarian unit. (Goody hut result chances are in the text files so they can be moded)
              ·Circuit·Boi·wannabe·

Comment

This may be hard but could we make a new txt file with this stuff in it would not need much. Possibly a bit of slic

Example

Number of ruins 2
                ###############################
                Ruin 1
                {
                msg = ruin1
                addgold (100,player[0])
                }
                Ruin 2
                {
                msg = ruin2
                addpw (100,player[0])
                }
                "Every time I learn something new it pushes some old stuff out of my brain" Homer Jay Simpson

Comment

This may be hard but could we make a new txt file with this stuff in it would not need much. Possibly a bit of slic
                  And what is the sense behind this text file, The Big Mc?

-Martin
                  Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Simple i stand for the litle bloke in the corner who cant code . besides it will a good idea to make this as modable as posible.

Comment

The risks.txt file contains the information related to goody huts.

What are you suggesting?
                      ·Circuit·Boi·wannabe·

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Gühmann

Well I would assume that it is the same for every civ, otherwise a hut should have a list for every civ with the outcome, and makes the object hut bigger, meaning it consumps more memory, and the list would need extension when a new civ is inserted. In the end it would mean some additional programming. In my opinion the additional effords aren't worth the gain. And then the AI wouldn't need to know whether a hut contains Babarians or not, for AIs huts would never contain Barbarians. And even if it would be differentz for each civ in that case I would expect some refference in the risk.txt.

Above I use the term civ and that is no accident. Whenever I play with the Barbarian I don't find anything in huts. - No reinforcement.

-Martin
                        Sorry Martin, you got me wrong. It was about what Flinx has already answered.

Comment

Originally posted by Flinx

The risks.txt file contains the information related to goody huts.

What are you suggesting?
                          risk.txt just tell the chance of a event .

what I want is a txt file where I can specify events

Comment

Working...
                          X