Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have just installed the latest playtest version (I know, shame on me as I should have done it a long time ago ) and I have the same problems as FMP thE mAd which means that the trouble is coming from the French string files.

I had exactly the same error messages when I installed Call to Conquest over one of my original CtP2 installations (patched and with ModSwapper of course) in order to play the Succession Game, I have only been able to solve the problem through the installation of the original english files Maquiladora sent me.

"Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

• Has anyone seens this? Sometimes (AI) unit movement sound keeps playing over and over again during it´s turn. It seems that the sound doesn´t stop when the next unit starts to move and then it gets stuck playing it until the human turn.
      The Party seeks power entirely for its own sake. We are not interested in the good of others; we are interested solely in power. Not wealth or luxury or long life or happiness: only power, pure power.

Join Eventis, the land of spam and unspeakable horrors!

Comment

• Originally posted by Unspeakable Horror
        Has anyone seens this? Sometimes (AI) unit movement sound keeps playing over and over again during it´s turn. It seems that the sound doesn´t stop when the next unit starts to move and then it gets stuck playing it until the human turn.
        thank you for confirming that the bug still exist.
        noone has experienced it for quite a while.

Comment

• Drat!

Corrupt saved game from 2004.09.14 playtest
          Attached Files
          ·Circuit·Boi·wannabe·
          "Evil reptilian kitten-eater from another planet."
          Call to Power 2 Source Code Project 2005.06.28 Apolyton Edition

Comment

• Originally posted by FMP thE mAd
            Well after reinstall game, i still have the problem i said in my post (reinstall games without patch 1.1, and copy Apolyton Files Source Project).

"Concept.txt line 9 : could not find "Concept_classic_age" in string data base.

Civilization.txt :
            Coul not find Greek_city_31 in string data base.

Civilization.txt line 92 :
            Expected number of civilization not found

Unable to init the data base"

What can i do for this ? I checked files and i saw "concept_classic_age" string and others string in files. So I don't understand why i can't launch the game

Notice that yesterday, game worked. And today, without any changes, it don't !
            concept.txt and civilization.txt are in ..\ctp2_data\default\gamedata and are language independent. The mods you are applying must be replacing these files with ones that have a structure incompatible with the 2004.09.14 playtest.
            ·Circuit·Boi·wannabe·

Comment

• Originally posted by Flinx

concept.txt and civilization.txt are in ..\ctp2_data\default\gamedata and are language independent. The mods you are applying must be replacing these files with ones that have a structure incompatible with the 2004.09.14 playtest.
              We are not using any mod, these messages are sent while the software is launching CtP2 and initializing the database. There seems to be an incompatibility with the French version then.

Perhaps am I wrong, but it seems that the software is checking if all the entries in the concept.txt and civilization.txt have a corresponding string in the French text and does not find some of them.
              Last edited by Tamerlin; October 4, 2004, 06:26.
              "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

• OK, I think I know where the problem is coming from. Some civilizations have seen their number of cities increased from 30 to 50 in the civilizations.txt (language independant) but in the same time the number of entries for each of these civilizations have not been increased in the civ_str.txt (language dependant of course). There is a lot of work to do here as each selected civilization must be increased to 50 translated entries. I will try to produce quickly a temporary French civ_str.txt with the last 20 entries of each civ untranslated so that the game can be played with a French version.

The entries related to the new ages (like "Classical Age"), have not been added into the gl_str.txt.
                Last edited by Tamerlin; October 4, 2004, 12:20.

Comment

• that makes more sense... I really should not give suggestions at 2 in the morning
                  ·Circuit·Boi·wannabe·

Comment

• Originally posted by Flinx
                    that makes more sense... I really should not give suggestions at 2 in the morning

In spite of the hour your post has been very usefull as it gave me a hint about the files I had to correct.

Comment

• And I wondered when you would notice that you need a modified civ_str.txt. At least I posted German and English versions of this file in the translation thread and ask for versions in other languages. However so far exactly zero people have downloaded it. Anyway the files posted there got in the mean time a little bit out date. And for the future I would like to have all files you find in your [b]..\ctp2_data\french\gamedata\ folder whether they came with the original game or with the playtest version, so that I have for future at least the files so that I can add new stuff at least untranslated.

-Martin
                      Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

• Missing French Strings

FMP thE mAd ,

Here are the corrected string files, unzip them into your French folder that should be located in C:\Program Files\Activision\Call To Power 2\ctp2_data\french\gamedata.

[EDIT]Replaced the attached file in order to include the right civ_str.txt file after FMP thE mAd spotted a mistake[/EDIT]

Note to Martin: the files posted in the Translation thread are correct.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Tamerlin; October 4, 2004, 19:14.

Comment

• Could somebody please explain why why game crashes ? I posted the crash.txt on the side before!

Thanks !

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin Gühmann
                            However so far exactly zero people have downloaded it.
                            I prefer to use the content of the posts rather than having to find by myself what have to be translated by comparing the French and English text files.

Anyway the files posted there got in the mean time a little bit out date.

I plead guilty your honor...

And for the future I would like to have all files you find in your [b]..\ctp2_data\french\gamedata\ folder whether they came with the original game or with the playtest version, so that I have for future at least the files so that I can add new stuff at least untranslated.
                            I have posted them a few minutes ago in the Translation thread.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tamerlin
                              I prefer to use the content of the posts rather than having to find by myself what have to be translated by comparing the French and English text files.
                              Don't you think it is a little bit too much to post 20 city names per civ expecially if you consider that only a small portion of them need to be translated, do you?

-Martin
                              Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

• Originally posted by tigerduck
                                Could somebody please explain why why game crashes ? I posted the crash.txt on the side before!

Thanks !
                                Hi,

I Had the same crash yesterday, (your second crash), but I didn't find yet the reasons. The crash appened when one of my units have taken a 1-size city on icy tile.
                                I'll try to find from where is it coming.

Comment

Working...
                                X