No announcement yet.

PROJECT: MP Playtest game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nope, click ok for no password and it just dumps me back on the previous selection screen (create, load, load saved) all the buttons go one screen and no further. The first load choice takes me to a screen that is accumulating "games" for each of my attempts so far.

This is always after it has told me it can't join the lobby and my connection is lost.

Do you know if CTP2 uses multiple connections for MP?

Comment

I dont know. But ive never seen or heard of those problems before, especially if you get as far as the password screen its normally fine after that.

This is always after it has told me it can't join the lobby and my connection is lost.
      It seems to me that youre not connected to the server at all or barely, but it carries on and continually tells you it cant connect or throws you out. Ive been in the lobby watching for the last 2 hours and youve never been there.
      Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
      CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
      One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Here's the sequence from any approach:
        1st try joining lobby always fails
        2nd try joining lobby always "succeeds"
        once in
        if 1st click is 'back', "your connection was lost"
        then if next click is 'back', exits without freezing
        if 1st click is anything else, "your connection was lost" and buttons go dark, no exit.
        if buttons are already dark, its already frozen.

Hmm, I just found the Symantec Virus protection re enabled. I haven't rebooted since I turned it off earlier. Let me try again. Nope still hangs.

Once when trying to connect I saw that the server had one person in it.

here's the original version of the description of the sequence above:
        If I wait through the entire timeout period, every attempt to join the lobby fails. If it fails once and I 'back' out to the server selection screen, then 'next' my way in again, I go straight to a "good" lobby but only briefly and "you lost your connection". If I immediately click 'back' and wait 10 or 20 seconds it will exit without freezing. But if any other button is clicked first, I can't ever get out of the lobby. Or if I get into a lobby that already has half the buttons dark, I never get out.
        Last edited by drulius; February 14, 2004, 12:58.

Comment

You should close all programs that arent involved in the internet connection, that includes closing (not "disable") firewall and anti-virus programs.
          Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)

Comment

I imagine that its too late to start anything today, but I got into the system. My trouble had something to do with my router. After I bypassed it and got in the lobby for the first time, I turned back on (but left disabled) the AV and firewall, and everything worked again. I was able to start a game, play, save, quit, re-enable stuff, rejoin, reload, play some more.

I am going to try and track down the router settings that will allow me to get in the lobby. But at least I know I can bypass it and play.

Right now though, I'm going to go back and start another game and play for awhile. If you join, would it be taking over an AI or filling an empty slot?

Comment

Nice work, eventually

Ill go to the lobby now, but i can only play for 45mins.

Comment

Okay just a quick "bug" report from the short session of play we had - dont put the Barbarian colour in black, its impossible to read over unexplored terrain when the game gives you critical messages. eg. player x joined

Comment

Heres another bug with the MP setup screen. It didnt exist before so it was done by the patch/s. It also happens when you setup MP with a mod, obviously because they have different ages.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Heres another one, but this has existed long before the sourcecode.

The 2 lower right hand buttons shouldnt need to be there and they dont do anything except copy the text of the buttons next door. It happens on the exclude units screen too.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Maq,

Is our continuation still on for tomorrow? I'll be in the lobby at 8am Texas time unless I hear otherwise.

Comment

2pm GMT. Yeah hopefully i should be there.

Comment

Everything ok?

Comment

sorry about the drop. A housemate got up early and didn't know I was playing. I'll be able to reconfigure and get reconnected in about 5 minutes.

Comment

alright I'm ready for ctp2 again. see you in the lobby

Comment

drulius, did we use Neptune map in our game? I think we did, but there was a problem with it, actually even if it wasnt Neptune there was a problem.

I couldnt move further North or South. The minimap frame moved like i could move north and south, but there was only black there and it wouldnt move there.

Comment

Working...
                                X