PROJECT: The Translation Center

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Re: French civ_str.txt

Sorry Martin, I did not see your post and don't know why I have not received a mail to warn me someone posted in this thread.

Originally posted by Martin Gühmann

So Tamerlin, why?
    I really hate all that is Arthurian and especially the way Hollywood is treating the subject, prettiness to its paroxysm.

And so I did, actual for the most names you don't find translations so why bother.
    This is exactly what I thought.

By the way Tamerlin you forgot to provide an updated str_loc.txt for good French, well I could also do it like I did it with the Italian version of that file:...
    I am not really sure about what is missing but I will try to have a look at this file very soon.

Well this is brutal but it will remind every Italian to fix it, when he plays the game.

-Martin
    "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

• After a quick look at the said file I have understood what need to be done, I didn't knew it. I will try to find some time to do it tonight.
      "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

• Ill be helping ASAP with the spanish translations, but im trying to find a way to run CTP2 on my computer.. I dont want to lose my favorite game *sigh :´(

Comment

• New uptated French string files

As promised, here are the complete French strings with the updated str_loc.txt file.

As the last time, the archive holds the French Updater2.str file. Delete it along with the last line of the Strings.txt file to find again the original CtP2 folder.
          Attached Files

Comment

• Corrected French ldl_str.txt file

I have noticed a little mistake in the French ldl_str.txt file, the name of the City Manager window was not translated in French. The zipped file attached to this post corrects this mistake and the window is now properly named GESTIONNAIRE DE VILLE.
            Attached Files

Comment

• By the way Tamerlin, is this non-translation also present in the original French version?

-Martin
              Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin Gühmann
                By the way Tamerlin, is this non-translation also present in the original French version?

-Martin
                No !

By the way, the f shortcut in the latest playtest build send back a window instead of Fortifying a unit. Is it normal?

Comment

• Originally posted by Tamerlin
                  Originally posted by Martin Gühmann
                  By the way Tamerlin, is this non-translation also present in the original French version?

-Martin

No !
                  That leads me to the question how it came in.

Originally posted by Tamerlin
                  By the way, the f shortcut in the latest playtest build send back a window instead of Fortifying a unit. Is it normal?
                  No, I just tested it on my current build, and it works as supposed, one major difference is that I disabled a lot of Calvitix changes, the slow down on more than one continent bug disappears. But don't ask me what change it is.

-Martin

Comment

That leads me to the question how it came in.
                    I have no idea about it, could it be the result of a cut & paste from the original English file?

No, I just tested it on my current build, and it works as supposed, one major difference is that I disabled a lot of Calvitix changes, the slow down on more than one continent bug disappears. But don't ask me what change it is.

-Martin
                    I am going to test it again but the same result came each time I typed f. Really strange.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tamerlin
                      I am going to test it again but the same result came each time I typed f. Really strange.
                      Well in this case you should test your keyboard settings.

-Martin

Comment

Well in this case you should test your keyboard settings.

-Martin
                        More and more strange, I have restarted the game to go on with my current playtest and the shortcut works.

I must have mistyped the same thing repetitively but it sounds strange.

Comment

• Maybe cap locks.

-Martin

Comment

Maybe cap locks.

-Martin
                            That sounds like a good explanation as I remember having sent an email in which I used a lot of caps just before I started the game again.

Comment

• And again some translation work is needed, I have already inserted the strings at the right place but they are still in English. The following strings need translation:

TREATY_TO_EXPIRE "Our treaty with the {player[0].civ_name_plural} is about to expire."

## Usful diplomacy messages that should be reimplemented ##
                              CEASE_FIRE_BROKEN "The dishonorable {player[0].civ_name_plural} have violated our peace treaty agreement, attacking us without provocation."
                              LEAVE_OUR_LANDS_BROKEN "The {player[0].civ_name_plural} have violated the stop trespassing agreement."
                              LEAVE_OUR_LANDS_BROKEN_BY_YOU "You have violated your promise to pull your troops out of {player[0].civ_name_singular} territory."
                              REDUCE_POLLUTION_BROKEN "The{player[0].civ_name_plural} have violated the reduce pollution agreement."
                              REDUCE_POLLUTION_BROKEN_BY_YOU "You have violated your reduce pollution agreement with the {player[0].civ_name_plural}."
                              STOP_TRADE_WITH_BROKEN "The insolent {player[0].civ_name_plural} have violated their agreement to stop trading with the {player[1].civ_name_plural}."
                              STOP_TRADE_WITH_BROKEN_BY_YOU "You have violated your agreement with the {player[0].civ_name_plural} to stop trading with the {player[1].civ_name_plural}."
                              END_POLLUTION_BROKEN "The {player[0].civ_name_plural} have violated the pact to end pollution."
                              END_POLLUTION_BROKEN_BY_YOU "You have violated the pact to end pollution with the {player[0].civ_name_plural}."
                              ATTACK_ENEMY_BROKEN "The {player[0].civ_name_plural} have violated their agreement to attack the {player[1].civ_name_plural}."
                              ATTACK_ENEMY_BROKEN_BY_YOU "You have violated your agreement with the {player[0].civ_name_plural} to attack the {player[1].civ_name_plural}."
                              I think the last strings should be used in messages as well, because they inform the player and create some atmosphere.

Translations for the French, Italian, Spanish and Japanese versions are still missing. For the Japanese and the Spanish version the language specific files aren't still complete.

-Martin

Comment

• Here is every uniquely Spanish text file from the CD, well i might have left some small ones in, but basically all gamedata and all layout files are here. I didnt know about the scenarios so I included each file with text that were in Spanish for each scenario.

Its like 850Kb.

I wont have time to upload them to the server for a couple of days, which is hopefully when Ill attempt to translate the new texts aswell.
                                Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
                                CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
                                One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Working...
                                X