No announcement yet.

PROJECT: The Translation Center

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks for your answers Lui2 and Martin, I will try to do the translation somewhen in the week-end, as soon as I will have recovered from a tough week of work.

I hate work!
    "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

• I have added some new strings in \gamedata\ldl_str.txt for a new user interface option.

The current English and German versions are:
      str_profile_ShowOrderUnion "Show All Army Orders"
      str_profile_ShowOrderUnion "Alle ArmeeBefehle anzeigen"
      Feel free to improve, or supply other language versions.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fromafar
        str_profile_ShowOrderUnion "Alle ArmeeBefehle anzeigen"
        This sould be rather:

str_profile_ShowOrderUnion "Alle Armeebefehle anzeigen"

-Martin
        Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

• City Investigation

Added two new messages to distinct message text after investigating a city depending if the unit was caught or not. I didn't like that the message was telling me that my spy was caught, but he wasn't.

Original post from source code thread

Two strings are added to the info_str.txt.
          INVESTIGATE_CITY_FAILED_ESC_VICTIM
          INVESTIGATE_CITY_FAILED_ESC_AGRESSOR

The english strings look like this:
          Code:
          # Added 7/2004 L. Hirth
          INVESTIGATE_CITY_FAILED_ESC_VICTIM  "Our counterintelligence efforts have paid off. Operatives have thwarted a foreign spy's attempt to investigate our city of {city[0].name}. But unfortunately we couldn't catch him."  
          INVESTIGATE_CITY_FAILED_ESC_AGRESSOR 	"Our {unitrecord[0].name} was captured while attempting to investigate the city of {city[0].name}. But luckily he could escape."  
          # Added End
          The german ones:
          Code:
          # Added 7/2004 L. Hirth
          INVESTIGATE_CITY_FAILED_ESC_VICTIM	"Unsere geheimdienstlichen Operationen haben sich gelohnt: Wir konnten einen fremden Spion daran hindern, unsere Stadt {city[0].name} auszuspionieren. Leider konnten wir den Spion aber nicht gefangen nehmen."
          INVESTIGATE_CITY_FAILED_ESC_AGRESSOR 	"{unitrecord[0].name#OUR_SINGULAR_CAPS} war beim Ausspionieren der Stadt {city[0].name} nicht erfolgreich. Glücklicherweise konnte er aber entkommen."  
          # Added End
          English need probably a bit work and other languages are missing.
          Ludwig

Comment

• French Translation Help

I am finally doing the review of the English, French, German, Italian, and Spanish Great Library files. I have started with the English and French GLs and need a little translation help.

Can I translate

Cost: 540 Production
            Upkeep: 1 Gold

to

Coût: Production : 540
            Entretien: Or : 1
            Attached Files
            ·Circuit·Boi·wannabe·
            "Evil reptilian kitten-eater from another planet."
            Call to Power 2 Source Code Project 2005.06.28 Apolyton Edition

Comment

Proposed for French GL
              Attached Files
              ·Circuit·Boi·wannabe·

Comment

• Re: City Investigation

Originally posted by Lui2
                Added two new messages to distinct message text after investigating a city depending if the unit was caught or not. I didn't like that the message was telling me that my spy was caught, but he wasn't.

Original post from source code thread

Two strings are added to the info_str.txt.
                I think something like this would make the difference between these two messages more clear

INVESTIGATE_CITY_FAILED_VICTIM
                "Our counterintelligence efforts have paid off. Operatives have killed a foreign spy who was attempting to investigate our city of {city[0].name}."

"Our counterintelligence efforts have paid off. Operatives have thwarted a foreign spy's attempt to investigate our city of {city[0].name}, but unfortunately we could not catch him."

INVESTIGATE_CITY_FAILED_AGRESSOR
                "Our {unitrecord[0].name} was killed while attempting to investigate the city of {city[0].name}."

"{player[1].civ_name_plural} counterintelligence has thwarted our {unitrecord[0].name}. He was lucky to escape alive from his attempt to investigate the city of {city[0].name}."
                Last edited by Flinx; July 8, 2004, 00:14.
                ·Circuit·Boi·wannabe·

Comment

Could someone who speaks French, please critique the translation that Google came up with.

English
                  Infantry have always been the backbone of any military operation. However, traditional infantrymen only had their own feet as a means of transportation. In the early-to-mid 20th century, advanced infantry tactics took advantage of new technological developments to extend the range and flexibility of the modern infantryman.

Aircraft allowed infantry to deploy by air, as paratroopers, to penetrate deep behind enemy lines. They could be used to interrupt supply lines, strike command centers, conduct reconnaissance and, perhaps most important, capture and hold crucial objectives like bridges and key terrain. Aircraft also enabled infantry to deploy quickly over a larger area. Paratroopers and airmobile forces became vital to peacekeeping and humanitarian missions beyond the reach of conventional, land-based transportation.

World War II saw a rise in the use of amphibious landing craft, allowing "marines" to deploy by sea to assault coastal targets. One of the most famous and successful military operations to rely heavily on amphibious assault was the allied invasion of Normandy, which led to the liberation of Europe and the end of the war.

These advances served to enhance the versatility of infantry, making them better able to serve their most vital function: to engage and destroy the enemy at close range, over any terrain, in any weather, by day or night.

French
                  L'infanterie a toujours été la pierre angulaire de toute opération militaire. Toutefois, les fantassins n'avaient traditionnellement que leurs jambes pour tout moyen de transport. Dans la première moitié du XXe siècle, les tactiques avancées d'infanterie améliorent considérablement la portée et la flexibilité de ce corps d'arme.

L'aviation a permis de déployer l'infanterie par voie aérienne. Grâce à l'envoi de parachutistes, le territoire ennemi peut être infiltré bien derrière les lignes de combat. L'infanterie brise les chaînes d'approvisionnement, frappe les bases de commandement, conduit des opérations de reconnaissance et mieux encore, touche des points stratégiques (des ponts par exemple). L'aviation a permis le déploiement rapide d'une armée sur de vastes étendues. Les parachutistes et les forces aériennes sont vitales pour le maintien de la paix et les missions humanitaires, puisqu'ils ne peuvent être atteints par les transports terrestres conventionnels.

La guerre mondiale II a vu une élévation de l'utilisation de la barge de débarquement amphibie, permettant à des "marines" de se déployer par la mer pour assaillir les cibles côtières. Un des opérations militaires les plus célèbres et les plus réussies à compter fortement sur l'assaut amphibie était l'invasion alliée de la Normandie, qui a mené à la libération de l'Europe et de la fin de la guerre.

Ces avances ont servi à augmenter la polyvalence de l'infanterie, leur faisant meilleur capable remplir leur fonction plus essentielle: pour engager et détruire l'ennemi à la gamme étroite, au-dessus de tout terrain, par tout temps, par jour ou nuit.

English
                  Pollution represents the contamination of the environment by physically impure and unclean elements. It is an unfortunate by-product of human society. In Call To Power II, there are three Pollution indicators to monitor: Citywide Pollution, Empire-wide Pollution and Global Pollution. A good leader can effectively manage Pollution on an Empire and City level. However, one must use <LATABASE_CONCEPTS,CONCEPT_DIPLOMACY>Diplomacy<e> if he or she wants to make an affect on Global Pollution. Nations may propose Pollution Pacts and demand that they be adhered to.

Some <LATABASE_CONCEPTS,CONCEPT_IMPROVEMENTS>Improvements <e>, such as <LATABASE_BUILDINGS,IMPROVE_FACTORY>Factories<e> and <LATABASE_BUILDINGS,IMPROVE_OIL_REFINERY>Oil Refineries<e>, create Pollution, whereas others, like <LATABASE_BUILDINGS,IMPROVE_RECYCLING_PLANT>Recyclin g Plants<e>, reduce it. Factors such as nuclear warfare can increase Pollution, while some <LATABASE_CONCEPTS,CONCEPT_WONDERS>Wonders<e> of the World can help reduce it.

An excess of Pollution will surely upset one's citizens. The specific Pollution level that they are willing to tolerate depends on one's <LATABASE_CONCEPTS,CONCEPT_GOVERNMENTS>Government<e> type.

If cities allow pollution to reach toxic levels, the terrain within their area of influence will be damaged beyond use. Once the Advance <LATABASE_ADVANCES,ADVANCE_CONSERVATION>Conservation <e> is discovered, however, these "dead tiles" can be <LATABASE_CONCEPTS,CONCEPT_TERRAFORM>Terraformed<e> back to useful terrain.

French
                  La pollution représente la contamination de l'environnement par des éléments physiquement impurs. Il s'agit d'une répercussion indirecte de la société humaine. Dans Call to Power II, trois indicateurs de pollution sont à surveiller : la pollution de la ville, la pollution de l'empire et la pollution mondiale. Un bon dirigeant est capable de gérer la pollution à l'échelle des villes et de son empire. En revanche, il devra faire appel à la <LATABASE_CONCEPTS,CONCEPT_DIPLOMACY>diplomatie<e> s'il veut agir sur la pollution mondiale. A ce titre, les nations peuvent proposer des pactes anti-pollution et exiger que l'on y adhère.

Certains <LATABASE_CONCEPTS,CONCEPT_IMPROVEMENTS>aménagements <e>, tels que les <LATABASE_BUILDINGS,IMPROVE_FACTORY>usines<e>, les <LATABASE_BUILDINGS,IMPROVE_OIL_REFINERY>raffineries de pétrole<e> génèrent de la pollution, tandis que d'autres, comme les <LATABASE_BUILDINGS,IMPROVE_RECYCLING_PLANT>usines de recyclage<e>, la réduisent. De même, certains facteurs, par exemple la guerre nucléaire, favorisent la pollution alors que certaines <LATABASE_CONCEPTS,CONCEPT_WONDERS>merveilles<e> du monde contribuent à sa limitation.

Lorsque la pollution est excessive, les citoyens sont mécontents. Le seuil de pollution qu'ils sont disposés à tolérer dépend du type de <LATABASE_CONCEPTS,CONCEPT_GOVERNMENTS>gouvernement< e>.

Si les villes permettent à la pollution d'atteindre les niveaux toxiques, le terrain dans leur secteur d'influence sera endommagé au delà de l'utilisation. Une fois la <LATABASE_ADVANCES,ADVANCE_CONSERVATION>conservation <e> anticipée est découverte, cependant, ces "tuiles mortes" peuvent être <LATABASE_CONCEPTS,CONCEPT_TERRAFORM>terraformation< e> de nouveau au terrain utile.
                  ·Circuit·Boi·wannabe·

Comment

• Ill work on those. Maybe tomorrow ill have those translations finished.

Comment

• Originally posted by _X_
                      Ill work on those. Maybe tomorrow ill have those translations finished.
                      Just to clarify, I just need someone to confirm the French translation. This text may not be missing in the other three languages.

What I am doing is comparing all of the different Great Library files and adding in the information which is missing. Right now I am comparing English and French and trying to make them identical. Next I will add a third language, then a fourth and finally the fifth.
                      ·Circuit·Boi·wannabe·

Comment

• Im translating them to spanish right now.

Comment

• Hi Flinx, I have read the French translation you have posted and I think it needs to be reworked. The problem is I don't have enough time this week-end, I should be more available at the beginning of the next week...
                          "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

• Hi Flinx,

Part1 :

"La seconde guerre mondiale a vu une augmentation de l'utilisation de la barge de débarquement amphibie, permettant à des "marines" de se déployer par la mer pour assaillir les cibles côtières. Le succès de l’une des opérations militaires les plus célèbres et les plus réussies, l'invasion alliée de la Normandie, qui a mené à la libération de l'Europe à la fin de la guerre, est fortement lié à la maîtrise de l’assaut amphibie.

Ces avancées ont servi à augmenter la polyvalence de l'infanterie, leur permettant d’être plus efficaces pour remplir leur fonction principale : engager et détruire l'ennemi à courte portée, quelque soit le terrain et les conditions météorologiques, de jour comme de nuit."

Part2 :

"Si les villes laissent la pollution atteindre des niveaux toxiques, le terrain dans leur secteur d'influence sera endommagé et rendu stérile. Il faudra alors attendre la découverte de l’ ATABASE_ADVANCES,ADVANCE_CONSERVATION>Ecologie pour pouvoir ATABASE_CONCEPTS,CONCEPT_TERRAFORM>terraformer la zone en un terrain exploitable."

If I could be any help on other french translation...

Comment

• Not a translation request, but since you are working on Great_Library.txt, and I have not seen this reported before:

The references to <LATABASE_BUILDINGS,IMPROVE_CORNUCOPIC_VATS> should be changed to <LATABASE_BUILDINGS,IMPROVE_CORNUCOPIC_VAT>, to match the entry in buildings.txt.

Comment

• Thanks calvitix!

I have just started the buildings so I will make sure to look into that fix Fromafar
                                ·Circuit·Boi·wannabe·

Comment

Working...
                                X