No announcement yet.

PROJECT: The Translation Center

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• _X_ I still need the Spanish version of the info_str.txt to insert your text into that file.

-Martin
    Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

• there you go
      Attached Files

Comment

• I had started translating this game, but as you can see I stoped becouse no one wanted to help me (maybe I didn't advertise my site enough).
        http://www.erjot7.webpark.pl
        I'm still looking for poeple who would like to help me in my project.
        (if anyone is interested plz mail me)
        I know about "source code project" but i dont have any programing skills (but I can translate some "new files" into polish).

Does anybody know how can I change "in game font" in order to use polish letters,

thx in advance.

Comment

• Interestingly that we already noticed your site, hoeever ldl_str.txt and add_str.txt need to be translated, cut_str.txt does not need to be translated. However we would include your files in the source code project.

-Martin

Comment

• Some translation work

For the fix of the key mapper dialog, there are some new strings in the ldl_str.txt that must be translated:

I created already a german and a english version, the other languages must be added.

GERMAN
            Code:
            # Added for extended keyboard mapping options keys 6/2004 L. Hirth
            str_tbl_ldl_Music_Options		"Musikeinstellungen"
            str_tbl_ldl_Decend			"Landen"
            str_tbl_ldl_Execute_Eyepoint		"Fokus auf Nachrichtenobjekt (Auge)"
            str_tbl_ldl_Move_Order			"Fortbewegen"
            str_tbl_ldl_End_Unit_Turn		"Einheitenzug beenden"
            str_tbl_ldl_Process_Unit_Orders		"Alle Einheitenbefehle ausführen"
            str_tbl_ldl_Group_Army			"Einheiten Gruppieren"
            str_tbl_ldl_Ungroup_Army		"Einheitengruppierung aufheben"
            str_tbl_ldl_Gamestate_Debug		"Gamestate_Debug (Playtest)"
            str_tbl_ldl_Rand_Test			"Rand_Test (Playtest)"
            str_tbl_ldl_Command_Enter		"Command Enter (Playtest)"
            str_tbl_ldl_Command_Enter_Alternate	"Command Enter Alternate (Playtest)"
            ENGLISH
            Code:
            # Added for extended keyboard mapping options keys 6/2004 L. Hirth
            str_tbl_ldl_Music_Options		"Musicoptions"
            str_tbl_ldl_Decend			"Decend"
            str_tbl_ldl_Execute_Eyepoint		"Focus on object (eye)"
            str_tbl_ldl_Move_Order			"Moveorder"
            str_tbl_ldl_End_Unit_Turn		"End unit turn"
            str_tbl_ldl_Process_Unit_Orders		"Process given unit orders"
            str_tbl_ldl_Group_Army			"Group all units to army"
            str_tbl_ldl_Ungroup_Army		"Ungroup armies"
            str_tbl_ldl_Gamestate_Debug		"Debug gamestate (playtest)"
            str_tbl_ldl_Rand_Test			"Rand test (playtest)"
            str_tbl_ldl_Command_Enter		"Command enter (playtest)"
            str_tbl_ldl_Command_Enter_Alternate	"Command enter alternate (playtest)"
            Ludwig

Comment

• Re: Some translation work

In the english:

Originally posted by Lui2
              ENGLISH
              Code:
              str_tbl_ldl_Music_Options		"Musicoptions"
              str_tbl_ldl_Move_Order			"Moveorder"
              Should be:

Code:
              str_tbl_ldl_Music_Options		"Music options"
              str_tbl_ldl_Move_Order			"Move order"

Comment

[QUOTE] Originally posted by Lui2

Before starting the translation I would need some explanations about the use of some buttons. It is sometimes difficult to translate something when you don't have a clue about the purpose.

str_tbl_ldl_Decend "Decend"
                Is it a button used to go down through a list?

[QUOTE]str_tbl_ldl_Process_Unit_Orders "Process given unit orders"[QUOTE]

Don't have any idea of its use.

str_tbl_ldl_Gamestate_Debug "Debug gamestate (playtest)"
                Gamestate?

str_tbl_ldl_Rand_Test "Rand test (playtest)"
                Rand? Do you plan to replace Gold with the South-African currency?

str_tbl_ldl_Command_Enter "Command enter (playtest)"
                str_tbl_ldl_Command_Enter_Alternate "Command enter alternate (playtest)"
                What are they used for? Does it mean that you have to hit the "Enter" key?

"Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

• Re: Re: Some translation work

Originally posted by Tamerlin
                  Is it a button used to go down through a list?
                  No this should be the order to bring something from space back to earth and by the way it should be:

Code:
                  str_tbl_ldl_Decend			"Landen"
                  str_tbl_ldl_Descend			"Descend"
                  Decent is something else in English and also in German. However an alternative for "Landen" in German could be "Rücksturz" zur Erde you might add.

Originally posted by Tamerlin
                  Rand? Do you plan to replace Gold with the South-African currency?
                  No it is an option to test the random generator, I would rather call it:

Code:
                  str_tbl_ldl_Rand_Test "Zufallsgenerator Test (Debug)"
                  str_tbl_ldl_Rand_Test "Random generator test (debug)"

Comment

• Re: Re: Some translation work

"Process given unit orders"
                    Executes all the pending move orders of units that have not executed their moves in the turn.

"Command enter (playtest)"
                    This opens a kind of debug window, where you can enter expression. (You have to substitude a missing graphic file to start this).

"Command enter alternate (playtest)"
                    This opens a new commandline window, where you can enter over hundert different commands, that shall help you to test the game. Look in c3cmdline.cpp source to get the complete list (you can also get it with the help command in the commandline).

"Rand test (playtest)"
                    Seems not activated. But has as Martin already stated something to do with a test of randomness and the ai.

But remeber the Keys with the (Playtest) extension will only work and can only mapped when the program is compiled with the _PLAYTEST flag.
                    Ludwig

Comment

• Re: Re: Re: Some translation work

Originally posted by Lui2
                      But remeber the Keys with the (Playtest) extension will only work and can only mapped when the program is compiled with the _PLAYTEST flag.
                      Well for that I would rather use the _DEBUG flag, because I don't see any sense in using them in a playtest build for the end user.

-Martin

Comment

• Re: Re: Re: Re: Some translation work

Originally posted by Martin Gühmann

Well for that I would rather use the _DEBUG flag, because I don't see any sense in using them in a playtest build for the end user.

-Martin
                        Well Martin, than try to talk to Activision, maybe they will change it posthumous!
                        Ludwig

Comment

• Some more translation work

For THIS change, some translation is to do:

From the ldl_str.txt:
                          Code:
                          # Added for extended National Management 6/2004 L. Hirth
                          str_ldl_ND_RTL_WORKER		"Wrk."
                          str_ldl_ND_RTL_SLAVE		"Slv."
                          str_ldl_ND_RTL_COMBAT_UNITS	"Mil."
                          From the tips_str.txt:
                          Code:
                          ###	National Summary Window Extension (L. Hirth Added 6/2004)
                          TOOLTIP_CITYMAN_NATL_SUMM_SORTWORKER_BUTTON		"Click here to sort by the number of workers."
                          TOOLTIP_CITYMAN_NATL_SUMM_SORTSLAVE_BUTTON		"Click here to sort by the number of slaves."
                          TOOLTIP_CITYMAN_NATL_SUMM_SORTENTERTAINER_BUTTON	"Click here to sort by the number of entertainers."
                          TOOLTIP_CITYMAN_NATL_SUMM_SORTFARMER_BUTTON		"Click here to sort by the number of farmers."
                          TOOLTIP_CITYMAN_NATL_SUMM_SORTLABORER_BUTTON		"Click here to sort by the number of laborers."
                          TOOLTIP_CITYMAN_NATL_SUMM_SORTMERCHANT_BUTTON		"Click here to sort by the number of merchants."
                          TOOLTIP_CITYMAN_NATL_SUMM_SORTSCIENTIST_BUTTON		"Click here to sort by the number of scientists."
                          TOOLTIP_CITYMAN_NATL_SUMM_SORTCOMBAT_UNITS_BUTTON	"Click here to sort by the number of military units."
                          A german and this temporary english translation I did already add to the zip file. The other languages are missing.
                          Ludwig

Comment

[SIZE=1]

SPANISH
                            Code:
                            # Añadido para extender las opciones del teclado. 6/2004 L. Hirth
                            str_tbl_ldl_Music_Options		"Opciones de Musica"
                            str_tbl_ldl_Decend			"Descender"
                            str_tbl_ldl_Execute_Eyepoint		"Enfocar en el objeto (ojo)"
                            str_tbl_ldl_Move_Order			"Orden de movimiento"
                            str_tbl_ldl_End_Unit_Turn		"Terminar el turno de esta unidad"
                            str_tbl_ldl_Process_Unit_Orders		"Proceder con las ordenes de esta unidad"
                            str_tbl_ldl_Group_Army			"Agrupar estas unidades al ejercito"
                            str_tbl_ldl_Ungroup_Army		"desagrupar ejercito(s)"
                            str_tbl_ldl_Gamestate_Debug		"Eliminar errores del estado del juego (playtest)"
                            str_tbl_ldl_Rand_Test			"Prueba al azar (playtest)"
                            str_tbl_ldl_Command_Enter		"Insertar comando (playtest)"
                            str_tbl_ldl_Command_Enter_Alternate	"Insertar comando alterno (playtest)"
                            Code:
                            # Añadido para Extender el Manejo Nacional 6/2004 L. Hirth
                            str_ldl_ND_RTL_WORKER		"Tra."
                            str_ldl_ND_RTL_SLAVE		"Esc."
                            str_ldl_ND_RTL_COMBAT_UNITS	"Mil."
                            Code:
                            ###	National Summary Window Extension (L. Hirth Added 6/2004)
                            TOOLTIP_CITYMAN_NATL_SUMM_SORTWORKER_BUTTON		"Haga click aquí para ordenar por número de trabajadores."
                            TOOLTIP_CITYMAN_NATL_SUMM_SORTSLAVE_BUTTON		"Haga click aquí para ordenar por número de esclavos."
                            TOOLTIP_CITYMAN_NATL_SUMM_SORTENTERTAINER_BUTTON	"Haga click aquí para ordenar por número de actores."
                            TOOLTIP_CITYMAN_NATL_SUMM_SORTFARMER_BUTTON		"Haga click aquí para ordenar por número de granjeros."
                            TOOLTIP_CITYMAN_NATL_SUMM_SORTLABORER_BUTTON		"Haga click aquí para ordenar por número de trabajadores."
                            TOOLTIP_CITYMAN_NATL_SUMM_SORTMERCHANT_BUTTON		"Haga click aquí para ordenar por número de mercantes."
                            TOOLTIP_CITYMAN_NATL_SUMM_SORTSCIENTIST_BUTTON		"Haga click aquí para ordenar por número de científicos."
                             TOOLTIP_CITYMAN_NATL_SUMM_SORTCOMBAT_UNITS_BUTTON	
                            "Haga click aquí para ordenar por número de unidades militares."
                            No estaba muerto, andaba de fiesta

Comment

• ldl_str.txt [Spanish]
                              Attached Files

Comment

• tips_str.txt [Spanish]
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X