Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Maquiladora
    Of course the AI cant know this until it explores its coast,
    Really, well of course we can check the continent size, but the world settings that are used for creation of the map should give a hint. keep in mind that the human player knows these settings.

Will the terrain score really ever be good enough though? I dont think so, but unfortunately it means more work to make a new system, is that what you mean by more factors? Or adding to the terrain scores idea? For example counting the total of each 3 resources on immediate ring, food, production and commerce and have a minimum score total for each resource for settling a new city in certain game situations.
    Actual the settling score is a little bit more than the score you find in terrain.txt, also the scores of the neighbors are added to the settling score.

What I have in mind for this terrain score is that it shouldn't be based on just a value in terrain.txt, it should be of course the value of the actual terrain statisics, food, gold production, defence, goods, rivers, choke point (well the calculation of these have to be improved) and maybe more than just the immidiate neighbors.

It seems to be that the scores are updated at least when a city is founded and grows. For me it seems that the GetScore function of the Cell class has to be updated.

-Martin
    Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Gühmann
      Really, well of course we can check the continent size, but the world settings that are used for creation of the map should give a hint. keep in mind that the human player knows these settings.
      Well checking the continent size before its explored would be AI cheating, or perhaps you meant checking it when its explored so to tell the AI what the continent size is.

Of course the human knows the map settings but I certainly dont make any definite decisions about building cities really close by knowing the map settings, I wait to see how big my continent is before I build closer together.

Also it should know that if there is an island close by over shallow water, its better to sail there and settle first, rather than building close cities on the starting island. But well this is more difficult, id like to see it settle well on starting continent for a start.
      Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
      CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
      One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Also it should know that if there is an island close by over shallow water, its better to sail there and settle first, rather than building close cities on the starting island. But well this is more difficult, id like to see it settle well on starting continent for a start.
        And if there is a land connection to that island but you have to go around the world to use it, it should better use ships. Thanks to the pathing engine that is what the AI currently does.

-Martin
        Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Working...
        X