COMPILE: Linux Port

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RichardH
    I'm not sure what happened to trunk on r781.
    Well looks like Paul has added all the original files from revision 1 to the trunk, but not the folder ctp2_code, but to trunk itsself. Let's see whether I need a full working copy to tidy up the mess. If I need a full working copy then I have to fix it next weekend otherwise I can do it right now.

-Martin
    Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

• Well, the answer is that I need a full working copy and not only the top folder. Well, then I have to fix it on the weekend, when I have access to my home computer, where I have a full working copy.

-Martin

Comment

• If it's just a matter of reverting r781, I can do that.
        Tea: there is nothing it cannot fix.

Comment

• Originally posted by RichardH
          If it's just a matter of reverting r781, I can do that.
          That's right, and even if there is a little change in the files, we shouldn't care. Paul added so many files, that it is a pain to find the little modification, that might be there if it is there at all. If Paul really intended to add something, it is his business. So feel free to revert revision 781.

-Martin

Comment

• Ok, done.

Comment

• Revisions 790-792: Lots of merging of trivial changes from trunk, to reduce the diff and make it easier to spot the more serious stuff. Compiled on SuSE 10.2 and playtested to 50 turns.

Comment

• SVN 302 PROPFIND Error

I am receiving the following error:

terry@CENTAURI:/usr/local/games$ sudo svn checkout http://ctp2.darkdust.net/anonsvn/branches/linux/ CTP2
                svn: PROPFIND request failed on '/anonsvn/branches/linux'
                svn: PROPFIND of '/anonsvn/branches/linux': 302 Found (http://ctp2.darkdust.net)

How do I fix this? I googled it and they say to add 404 handling to the svn directory.

Comment

• Re: SVN 302 PROPFIND Error

Originally posted by NeoFax

terry@CENTAURI:/usr/local/games$ sudo svn checkout http://ctp2.darkdust.net/anonsvn/branches/linux/ CTP2
                  svn: PROPFIND of '/anonsvn/branches/linux': 302 Found (http://ctp2.darkdust.net)

How do I fix this? I googled it and they say to add 404 handling to the svn directory.
                  I reposted this in the New SubVersion server. DarkDust should get the email notification of that thread. If you still need to contact him, you could also send him a private message or email.

-Martin

Comment

• Re: SVN 302 PROPFIND Error

Originally posted by NeoFax

This seems to be bug in either Apache or SubVersion: the server stops to respond correctly after some time (currently: several weeks). I have no idea what the problem is (see the SubVersion server thread) so just drop me an e-mail when this happens again (marc@darkdust.net) and I'll restart Apache/SubVersion.

Comment

• civsound.h error

I restarted to compile this program after not playing it for a long time. Here is the error I receive when trying to compile:

../../../ctp2_code/sound/civsound.h:67: error: expected ';' before '*' token
                      ../../../ctp2_code/sound/civsound.h:84: error: expected ';' before '*' token
                      ../../../ctp2_code/ctp/ctp2_utils/pointerlist.h: In constructor 'PointerList::PointerListNode::PointerListNode(T*) [with T = ldl_datablock]':
                      ../../../ctp2_code/ctp/ctp2_utils/pointerlist.h:258: instantiated from 'void PointerList::AddTail(T*) [with T = ldl_datablock]'
                      ../../../ctp2_code/ui/ldl/ldl_data.hpp:73: instantiated from here
                      ../../../ctp2_code/ctp/ctp2_utils/pointerlist.h:77: warning: 'PointerList::PointerListNode::m_prev' will be initialized after
                      ../../../ctp2_code/ctp/ctp2_utils/pointerlist.h:74: warning: 'ldl_datablock* PointerList::PointerListNode::m_obj'
                      ../../../ctp2_code/ctp/ctp2_utils/pointerlist.h:59: warning: when initialized here
                      make[3]: *** [slicfunc.lo] Error 1
                      make[3]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/games/CTP2/ctp2_code/gs/slic'
                      make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
                      make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/games/CTP2/ctp2_code/gs'
                      make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
                      make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/games/CTP2/ctp2_code'
                      make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

I have tried placing a semi-colon like the error states, but this only produces a different error. What do I need to do to fix this? Thanks!

Comment

• Looks like some of your settings are wrong, but since I don't use the Linux compile I cannot help you maybe you should email RichardH, maybe he has an idea.

-Martin

Comment

• Hmm. At a guess, I would say that you are missing the ltdl.h header file. Can you try searching for this? It should be in /usr/include.

If you don't have it, you need to find the right package to install. For Ubuntu 7.04, this is libltdl3-dev.

If you do have ltdl.h, then I'm not sure what the problem will be - please let me know which distro you are using and which version of gcc.

Comment

• I have the ltdl.h file in /usr/include. I am using Sidux and I have gcc 4.1.2, 4.2.1 and 4.2.2 installed. Thanks!

Comment

• *strokes beard*

That's very odd. I'm compiling quite happily on Ubuntu 7.04 (gcc 4.1.2).

*strokes beard some more and makes a cup of tea*

Ah, you appear not to have the SDL_mixer package installed. Do you have SDL_mixer.h somewhere under /usr/include?

Comment

• Revision 805:
                                Merge from trunk, mostly gfx/gfx_utils stuff.

M ctp2_code/os/include/noCOMBase.h
                                M ctp2_code/robotcom/Top/AiMap.h
                                M ctp2_code/robotcom/backdoor/c3mem.cpp
                                M ctp2_code/robotcom/Agent/CityAgent.h
                                M ctp2_code/gfx/gfx_utils/gfx_options.cpp
                                M ctp2_code/gfx/gfx_utils/colorset.h
                                M ctp2_code/gfx/gfx_utils/pixelutils.cpp
                                M ctp2_code/gfx/gfx_utils/gfx_options.h
                                M ctp2_code/gfx/gfx_utils/pixelutils.h
                                M ctp2_code/gfx/gfx_utils/tiffutils.cpp
                                M ctp2_code/gfx/gfx_utils/tiffutils.h
                                M ctp2_code/gfx/gfx_utils/arproces.cpp
                                M ctp2_code/gfx/gfx_utils/targautils.cpp
                                M ctp2_code/gfx/gfx_utils/arproces.h
                                M ctp2_code/gfx/gfx_utils/targautils.h
                                M ctp2_code/gfx/gfx_utils/Queue.h
                                M ctp2_code/gfx/gfx_utils/ColorSet.cpp
                                D ctp2_code/gfx/spritesys/ProjectileActor.h
                                D ctp2_code/gfx/spritesys/ProjectileActor.cpp
                                D ctp2_code/gfx/spritesys/ProjectileSpriteGroup.cpp
                                D ctp2_code/gfx/spritesys/ProjectileSpriteGroup.h
                                M ctp2_code/gfx/tilesys/tiledmap.cpp
                                M ctp2_code/mapgen/IMapGen.h
                                M ctp2_code/gs/utility/Globals.h
                                M ctp2_code/gs/gameobj/ArmyData.cpp
                                M ctp2_code/gs/gameobj/ArmyData.h
                                M ctp2_code/gs/outcom/Ic3CivArchive.h
                                M ctp2_code/gs/outcom/IC3RobotAstar.h
                                M ctp2_code/gs/outcom/IC3Rand.h

Comment

Working...
                                X