No announcement yet.

COMPILE: Linux Port

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does the additional pair of parentheses matter here at all?

Well I'm compairing rev 362 with the newest 737 of the linux branch to create the diff that I would like patch to fit into the newest trunk for merging the to together, such that in future the linux-game benefits of changes made to trunk that are OS independent. eg the sprite drawing... Which annoys me most

Anyway, patch has many rejects of changes to just one line where I wonder why it couldn't manage to apply the diff. Any idea why's that?

Comment

• Originally posted by lynx_abraxas
      Does the additional pair of parentheses matter here at all?
      Semantically, no, but it quiets a (quite sensible) warning of gcc's, and indicates to the reader that you really meant to do an assignment, not a comparison.

Comment

• Well, after family crises and some health problems, I'm back. It looks like the port has come on some way since I last looked at it; the significant diff is down to around 600k.

I'm not sure how much time I'll be able to devote to the port at the moment, but I'll spend as much time as I can. I'm currently compiling with gcc 4.1.2 (openSuSE 10.2), and have a few compile fixes which I will commit later.

Is anyone monitoring this thread who has access to a Windows compile rig? I don't think any of these fixes will break the Windows build, and it would be nice to commit them to trunk as well, and stop the diff getting any bigger...
        Tea: there is nothing it cannot fix.

Comment

• r750 committed with anet compile fixes. It would be great if someone could test them on the Windows build - they shouldn't break it.

Comment

• I may be able to try it, but I'm pretty amateur. I'll report back with any problems/successes
            Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

• It's great someone takes up work on the linux port again. Good decision Richard! I'm currently having too much work to do to any forther work on the merge. But in autumn I hope I'll find some time for it again.
              A good massage: A friend of mine has tested the new commits and managed to play a full game through.

Comment

• I'm afraid I haven't got as far as playing a game yet... when I click 'Launch', it dies with the 'Please make sure the Call to Power 2 CD-ROM is in your CD-ROM drive.' error. c3files_HasLegalCD() is returning false even though the CD is in my drive. I'm trying to work out why... I don't know SDL well.

Comment

• Ok, it seems that the reason c3files_HasLegalCD() is failing is because tracklen_CheckTrackLengths() is failing. And the reason *that* function is failing is because it can't open texture.dat.

Question: what is texture.dat, why should I care, and where can I get it from??

Comment

• Never mind, I found (and fixed) the problem. I've updated README.linux, too. Now I get a little further. I click launch, and the game starts to load. Everything comes up except for the map, whereupon I get a crash. Here's the output. Any suggestions?

All resolutions available.
                    ui/aui_ctp2/c3blitter.cpp L719: MMX-Test succeded!
                    Success: 1
                    Messagebox(Map Generator Error): Error while trying to load library 'dll/map/geometric.la': 'file not found'. Using builtin map generator

Continue?
                    Mouse PeepEvents failed:
                    Mouse PeepEvents failed:
                    Mouse PeepEvents failed:
                    Segmentation fault

Comment

• Ok, so it seems that 'make install' doesn't install the libraries into dll/.
                      *makes a note of something else to fix*

Onward!

Comment

• I did it this way:

make bootstrap
                        ./configure --prefix=/home/lynx/CTP2 --bindir=/home/lynx/CTP2/ctp2_program/ctp
                        make
                        make install

follow doc/README.linux

- put everything on vfat in /mnt
                        - modify userprofile.txt in /mnt/ctp2/ctp2_program/ctp

cp /media/cdrom/Setup/data/Add/ctp2_program/ctp/texture.dat /mnt/ctp2/ctp2_program/
                        cd ~/sda1/ctp2_source/ctp2_code/mapgen/.libs
                        cp crater.la crater.so geometric.la geometric.so plasma2.la plasma2.so /mnt/ctp2/ctp2_program/ctp/dll/map/

No warrenty this is complete

Comment

• That's basically what I did. There are possibly better ways of doing it, but for now I want to focus on merging.

Comment

• r754 checked in, with lots of trivial merges in ctp2_code/ctp/ctp2_utils. Diff in that directory reduced to 80k, much of which is whitespace and comment that needs to be merged into trunk.

Comment

• r756: more merging in ctp2_code/ctp/ctp2_utils. Diff is down to 53k. I've merged some changes into trunk, too.

Comment

• need me to test it?
                                Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

Working...
                                X