No announcement yet.

COMPILE: Linux Port

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got the sourcecode and patch ctplinuxfan posted, and it is working. It looks like everyone has done a great job getting the linux version running. I did make a simple code change to make it fullscreen and change the resolution, the display dialog box was not working for me.

I did notice a lot of filename errors. It must be a hold over from windows, but a lot of the data files are not the correct capitalization. Here is a sample of one of the errors I am getting (I added some extra debug info)

Messagebox(Targa Load Error): Unable to find the file 'UC030.rim' filename='UC030.TGA'

All I did to fix the problem was to rename a bunch of the data files, such as.

SpriteEditor.ldl to spriteeditor.ldl
    Strings.txt to strings.txt
    UC030.tga to UC030.TGA

Did everyone else have to rename a bunch of files. Or am I missing a fix to the code and ldl files to look for different filenames.

Comment

• Originally posted by awkuhn
      I got the sourcecode and patch ctplinuxfan posted, and it is working. It looks like everyone has done a great job getting the linux version running. I did make a simple code change to make it fullscreen and change the resolution, the display dialog box was not working for me.
      Great Can you provide a diff against your downloaded release?

I did notice a lot of filename errors. It must be a hold over from windows, but a lot of the data files are not the correct capitalization.
      Yes, we have not adressed this problem, yet. In fact, the ctp2 installation is on a fat32 partition (or image file) atm., because this fs behaves case insensitive on linux as well. For the furture this must be fixed via implementation or unique cased filenames (however i fear it must be the first to provide modding compatibility).

Comment

• Today i commited further merges (we are up to revision 458) now.
        In case you don't have access to the server, a diff from r517 to 531 is in my signature for download.

After r531 (Merge of r451 from /trunk), a bug is introduced which makes the sprites of units vanish sometimes. The Unit count is still displayed, but the sprite is not drawn.

I'm not sure wether this is a bug introduced by the merged code or by merging, because a similar problem was found in the current playtest. Well, i'd be glad if somebody could have a glance on the remaining revisions 532-538 and maybe find the bug, i'll try to find it, too.

Comment

• Hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to take a look and see if I can spot what's causing the bug.

Comment

• i believe fromafar fixed that flashing in a later revision
            Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

• "It is no longer possible to gain access to the SVN repository if you don't already have access. If anyone wants a copy of the source, ask, and I may be able to upload it somewhere."

I'd like to get a copy of the source. How can I get it?
              If it is smaller then 8Mb (tar.gz-ed) I can receive as an e-mail here, prygme AT gmail DOT com
              if it's larger I can set up an ftp site.

Thanx.

Comment

• Check here on the latest

Comment

• Also, ctplinuxfan said that he uploaded a copy of the source (he said so here), although he didn't say where... I presume in his upload space.

Comment

• Hi folks,
                    maybe someone of you could help me... I managed to compile the source, and I managed to unpack the stuff on the Civ:CTP2 CD (most of the .dat files are just normal ZIPs) and copied everything to /usr/local/share/ctp2_data (both the files from the source and from the CD).

But I can't find an userprofile.txt and the only appstr.txt I've found doesn't look useful.

Has someone succeeded in installing the data without a Windows installation ? I don't have a Windows computer... the only one I have access to is at work, and I'd only use that one as a "last resort".

Thnx a lot.

Comment

• userprofile is usually in ctp2_program, but I think its generated after the game starts.

Comment

• Originally posted by DarkDust
                        Hi folks,
                        maybe someone of you could help me... I managed to compile the source, and I managed to unpack the stuff on the Civ:CTP2 CD (most of the .dat files are just normal ZIPs) and copied everything to /usr/local/share/ctp2_data (both the files from the source and from the CD).

But I can't find an userprofile.txt and the only appstr.txt I've found doesn't look useful.

Has someone succeeded in installing the data without a Windows installation ? I don't have a Windows computer... the only one I have access to is at work, and I'd only use that one as a "last resort".
                        What you've done sounds like the correect thing. As E said, you need to run ctp2 at least once to create userprofile.txt (Note - obviously CTP needs write permission to the current directory for this).

Comment

• Originally posted by J Bytheway

What you've done sounds like the correect thing. As E said, you need to run ctp2 at least once to create userprofile.txt (Note - obviously CTP needs write permission to the current directory for this).
                          I managed to get that working, thanks. I think I'll write a short howto the next days on how to unpack CTP2 on Linux.

I also created a script that renames a lot of files so CTP2 finds them (case didn't match, some post earlier already mentioned this). I guess I haven't caught all yet but at least it's enough to get the menu running. The only issue that remains is that CTP2 looks for a file UC088.tga but it's missing. I've attached the script, you need to copy it to chdir to the ctp2_data dir and call the script.

BTW, would a mailing list be desired ? Because as I mentioned in the "svn server" thread I could host the source and also mailing lists if you'd like.
                          Attached Files

Comment

• I now took the time to write a README on how to compile and install CTP2 on Linux. I'm not sure whether it's complete yet but at least following the instructions currently makes the game start until the menu appears.

I've already checked it into the SubVersion repository but have attached it to this post for easy reading ;-)
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Fugi had the uc088 problem also . I have it but I'm not sure how this came about.

anyways I posted the files see here:

Comment

• Originally posted by E
                                Fugi had the uc088 problem also . I have it but I'm not sure how this came about.

anyways I posted the files see here:

http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...92#post4287292
                                Thanks a lot... I now noticed that these files are already in the SubVersion repository but had the wrong file name cases... the fix_data_names.sh script now handles them as well and CTP2 doesn't complain any more.

Comment

Working...
                                X