This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please any help with this;

I updated my entire folder of sourcecode in order to compile a new version after a long time. All went well but .......

--------------------Configuration: ctp2 - Win32 Debug--------------------
    Compiling...
    armymanagerwindow.cpp
    ....\ctp2_code\ui\interface\armymanagerwindow.cpp( 472) : error C2955: 'list' : use of class template requires template argument list
    d:\programs\visual.c.6.0\include\list(415) : see declaration of 'list'
    Error executing cl.exe.

CivCTP_dbg.exe - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)

the code line reads ;

ctp2_ListItem *ArmyManagerWindow::AddArmyItem(ctp2_ListBox *list, ArmyListNode *node)

How can I resolve this minor pita !?

thanks in advance !!!

Tom

Comment

• First, I would check whether the version you are trying to compile is indeed the version from the source code repository, check your working copy for any modifications.

It may be that you have some files in your working copy that do not belong there anymore, that happens if you check out the repository and copy those files over an old version of the source code without version control. Best is to download the source code from the repository and add all the missing installation files, like text files, graphics files, sound files to that copy of the game.

If noting helps, you can rename the variable "list" to "listBox".

-Martin
      Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

• Thank you Martin !

Another year passed by and NO time to do all that I intended to do ;-(
        Hope for more time next year :-)

I updated my entire folder with code and I cannot think of what caused the error. I renamed the list to listbox and all went well. Lots of changes as I did read during the year so much to discover ! After 40 turns I already am one city, 4 or 5 techs and a couple of units behind ....... (I choose impossible ;-()

I am still using my W98 PC for the programming (intensions) and the compile work. I should like to migrate all to my "newer" XP machine before the fatal crash sooner or later.... but a try out resulted in lots of problems (directx and xp collisions) Is there some kind of receipt to follow in order to move all to XP !? I read about another version of C++ that I need. Any list with "todo's" will be welcome. Have seen some posts about this but could not find the complete overview (if existing). Hope to hear soon (of the existence) and of you ofcourse :-))

Greetings
        Tom

Comment

• Originally posted by TomPoes View Post
          I am still using my W98 PC for the programming (intensions) and the compile work. I should like to migrate all to my "newer" XP machine before the fatal crash sooner or later.... but a try out resulted in lots of problems (directx and xp collisions) Is there some kind of receipt to follow in order to move all to XP !? I read about another version of C++ that I need. Any list with "todo's" will be welcome. Have seen some posts about this but could not find the complete overview (if existing). Hope to hear soon (of the existence) and of you ofcourse :-))
          I don't think you need another version of C++, I migrated with MSVS6 from Win98 to WinXP and I had no problems with MSVS6. Sure you have to install directX (and the WindowsSDK if you use a newer version of DirectX).

I guess it would be better just trying to install everything, and report what problems you have. For instance what is the order of your include directories, and check the Apolyton Source Code readme.

-Martin

Comment

• how to get past this?
            1>------ Rebuild All started: Project: fault, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
            2>------ Rebuild All started: Project: dbgen, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
            1>Deleting intermediate and output files for project 'fault', configuration 'Release|Win32'
            2>Deleting intermediate and output files for project 'dbgen', configuration 'Release|Win32'
            1>Compiling...
            2>Compiling...
            2>y.tab.c
            2>c1 : fatal error C1083: Cannot open source file: '.\y.tab.c': No such file or directory
            2>lex.yy.c
            1>FaultGen.cpp
            2>c1 : fatal error C1083: Cannot open source file: '.\lex.yy.c': No such file or directory
            2>Generating Code...
            2>Build log was saved at "file://c:\GAMES\ctp2\ctp2_code\gs\dbgen\Release\BuildLog. htm"
            2>dbgen - 2 error(s), 0 warning(s)
            1>c:\GAMES\ctp2\ctp2_code\ui\aui_common\aui.h(56) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'reftime.h': No such file or directory
            1>Build log was saved at "file://c:\GAMES\ctp2\ctp2_code\mapgen\fault___\BuildLog.h tm"
            1>fault - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)
            3>------ Rebuild All started: Project: Crater, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
            3>Deleting intermediate and output files for project 'Crater', configuration 'Release|Win32'
            3>Compiling...
            3>Crater.cpp
            4>------ Rebuild All started: Project: Plasma2, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
            4>Deleting intermediate and output files for project 'Plasma2', configuration 'Release|Win32'
            4>Compiling...
            4>PlasmaGen2.cpp
            3>c:\GAMES\ctp2\ctp2_code\ui\aui_common\aui.h(56) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'reftime.h': No such file or directory
            3>Build log was saved at "file://c:\GAMES\ctp2\ctp2_code\mapgen\Crater__\BuildLog.h tm"
            3>Crater - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)
            5>------ Rebuild All started: Project: geometric, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
            5>Deleting intermediate and output files for project 'geometric', configuration 'Release|Win32'
            5>Compiling...
            4>c:\GAMES\ctp2\ctp2_code\ui\aui_common\aui.h(56) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'reftime.h': No such file or directory
            5>Geometric.cpp
            4>Build log was saved at "file://c:\GAMES\ctp2\ctp2_code\mapgen\Release\BuildLog.ht m"
            4>Plasma2 - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)
            5>c:\GAMES\ctp2\ctp2_code\ui\aui_common\aui.h(56) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'reftime.h': No such file or directory
            5>FaultGen.cpp
            5>c:\GAMES\ctp2\ctp2_code\ui\aui_common\aui.h(56) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'reftime.h': No such file or directory
            5>Generating Code...
            5>Build log was saved at "file://c:\GAMES\ctp2\ctp2_code\mapgen\geometri\BuildLog.h tm"
            5>geometric - 2 error(s), 0 warning(s)
            6>------ Rebuild All started: Project: ctp2, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
            6>Deleting intermediate and output files for project 'ctp2', configuration 'Release|Win32'
            6>Performing Custom Build Step
            6>C:\GAMES\ctp2\bin\byacc: 1 shift/reduce conflict.
            6>Performing Custom Build Step
            6>Compiling...
            6>c3.cpp
            6>c:\GAMES\ctp2\ctp2_code\ui\aui_common\aui.h(56) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'reftime.h': No such file or directory
            6>Build log was saved at "file://c:\GAMES\ctp2\ctp2_code\ctp\Release\BuildLog.htm"
            6>ctp2 - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)
            ========== Rebuild All: 0 succeeded, 6 failed, 0 skipped ==========

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeB12345 View Post
              how to get past this?
              I guess RTFM would help. The Apolyton CTP2 Source Code_Readme.txt tells you that you have to create a tmp directory and that you have to install the DirectX SDK. Depending on the version of the DirectX SDK you may also need the windows SDK for the DirectShow components. You may also have to compile DirectShow BaseClasses project.

-Martin

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin Gühmann View Post
                I guess RTFM would help. The Apolyton CTP2 Source Code_Readme.txt tells you that you have to create a tmp directory and that you have to install the DirectX SDK. Depending on the version of the DirectX SDK you may also need the windows SDK for the DirectShow components. You may also have to compile DirectShow BaseClasses project.

-Martin
                where is the DirectShow BaseClasses project.
                I can not find baseclasses.sln or baseclasses.vcproj

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeB12345 View Post
                  where is the DirectShow BaseClasses project.
                  I can not find baseclasses.sln or baseclasses.vcproj
                  In my WindowsSDK installation it is in:
                  G:\Programme\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v6.1\Samples\Multimedia\DirectShow\Ba seClasses

-Martin

Comment

Working...
                  X