Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hmmm...I ordered like you said for include and lib but still get the 70 errors...
    Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

• Maybe you should have a closer look on the directory there is an Apolyton version of the readme.

There everything is explained except that the directories for DirectX9 are:

C:\DXSDK\Include
      C:\DXSDK\Samples\C++\DirectShow\BaseClasses

for include directories, and

C:\DXSDK\Lib
      C:\DXSDK\Samples\C++\DirectShow\BaseClasses\Debug_ Unicode

for lib directories.

Originally posted by E
      EDIT: but now that I added it. It compiles, well except I get the same errors that tombom reported.
      Well this problem still exists with the revision 643. But I think I have found a solution.

-Martin
      Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin Gühmann
        C:\DXSDK\Samples\C++\DirectShow\BaseClasses\Debug_ Unicode

-Martin
        hm, i don't have this folder I'm using DX90SDK which I believe was the same as before

Comment

• Originally posted by E
          hm, i don't have this folder I'm using DX90SDK which I believe was the same as before
          Well for some reason MSVS wasn't able to find the file strmbasd.lib and I found it in the directory mentioned above, but it can also be found in C:\Programme\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\Lib.

Well never mind about this issue.

-Martin

Comment

• Originally posted by E

The DirectShow-folders where removed from the DirectX SDK as of August 2006. They can now be found in the Platform SDK. I haven't tested if that works "out of the box" though. Why don't you give it a try and report back?
            So much to do in so little time...

Comment

• THanks,

I messed with it this weekend and finally got it working. What I need was under executables is the directX/utilities. I'll post what my set-up is for any future commpilers (myself included )

And 645 compiled completely so I'lll go back to putting up my playtest builds as well.

Comment

• I did something bad.

I noticed that when cdb's were added to the code civctp.dsp was modified. I tried to hand modify it and things went bad.

So I deleted my edited version and restored from svn the old. but now for some reason I cant get any of the ctps as active configurations I only get crater, plasma, dbgen, fault, geometric - ctp2 is grayed out.

What the hell did I do and more importantly - how do I fix it? thanks

Comment

• From your description, it looks like you tried to edit civctp.dsp, which explicitly states in line 3
                  Code:
                  # ** NICHT BEARBEITEN **
                  meaning ** DO NOT EDIT **. This is one of the files managed by Visual Studio, so you should not be editing this file by hand.

I think you'd best restore all .dsp and .dsw files from the archive, do a full rebuild of all projects, and use the IDE to add files.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fromafar
                    From your description, it looks like you tried to edit civctp.dsp, which explicitly states in line 3
                    Code:
                    # ** NICHT BEARBEITEN **
                    meaning ** DO NOT EDIT **. This is one of the files managed by Visual Studio, so you should not be editing this file by hand.

I think you'd best restore all .dsp and .dsw files from the archive, do a full rebuild of all projects, and use the IDE to add files.

will give it a go. what's IDE? do I just add files to the project by using the interface in vc++ 6.0 or do i have to modify a file somwhere?

Yeah my German isn't so good. I expected VERBOTEN

Comment

• Originally posted by E
                      So I deleted my edited version and restored from svn the old.
                      Next time, you should use the revert option from TortoiseSVN, that's the use of it.

Originally posted by E
                      will give it a go. what's IDE? do I just add files to the project by using the interface in vc++ 6.0 or do i have to modify a file somwhere?
                      An IDE is an Integrated Developement Environment, something like MSVS, something that contains an editor, project file management with the file tree, a compiler and a linker and some other stuff that makes your life much easier. And of course you use MSVS to modify projects.

Originally posted by E
                      Yeah my German isn't so good. I expected VERBOTEN
                      DO NOT FORBIDDEN

If you need an online dictionary here is one:

LEO.org: Ihr Wörterbuch im Internet für ­Englisch-Deutsch­ Übersetzungen, mit Forum, Vokabeltrainer und Sprachkursen. Natürlich auch als App.

Comment

• i deleted the dsw and dsp files and updated to get the latest from the svn but my active configurations only have:
                        crater, plasma2, dbgen, fault, and geometric

civctp is gone so it wont compile a ctp2.exe or a debug.exe how do I get that back?

EDIT:

I just deleted all files in the ctp folder and started again and ctp came back. so I'm not sure where the problem was stored at but i got it working again.

thanks for the help
                        Last edited by Ekmek; February 23, 2007, 17:40.

Comment

• I updated to service pack 6 to my MSVC you told me to do that before. does this now optimize my builds?

Comment

• Originally posted by E
                            I updated to service pack 6 to my MSVC you told me to do that before. does this now optimize my builds?
                            The service pack seems to replace the compiler, in that case your bulds are now optimized. But you get also a message about it: The introductory version compiler complains about some options that it does not support if those message are gone then you are fine.

But of course we have to test first whether this works. So you have to compile the code. By the way the compiler change requires a rebuilt of the exe anyway. But of course it would be nice to know whether this works at all.

-Martin

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin Gühmann
                              But of course it would be nice to know whether this works at all.

-Martin
                              I updated the service pack awhile ago and did playtests myself with is but this wis all after the 700 build IIRC. Once I finish these options I commit my latest(and after you guys point out all my mistakes) then I'll release another revivision build

Comment

• I hope someone can send mss32.lib to me,I need it,thank you! Emai to aoanzhishu@yahoo.com.cn

Comment

Working...
                                X