Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Locutus my idea was to use the clean order from the menue and just recompile everything again. Afterwards I replaced my dummy mss.h with the stub from this thread and replacing the altered sound files by the original ones my VC6 rejected to rebuild the *.exe it just told that there were no errors, but there no recompiling no relinking. The file was definatly the same from last night. But fortunatly the recompiling worked. So I can try again to add the pollution graph.

-Martin
    Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

• Re: Re: VS6 to VS.NET conversion

Originally posted by mjs0

Well...for VS.NET this approach fixed all the custom build errors so the calls to flex, byacc, ctpdb et al ran successfully.

Now I just have the compiler problems (3275 errors and 1486 warnings) to resolve!!

Martin.
      How far did you get with VS.net? There have been successfuk builds with VC6. With VS.net I had trouble with STL - Looks like the Bidit template has gotten 2 more params. Has anyone got a compliable version for VC7?

Comment

• VS6 to VS.NET conversion

Originally posted by ErichG
        How far did you get with VS.net? There have been successfuk builds with VC6. With VS.net I had trouble with STL - Looks like the Bidit template has gotten 2 more params. Has anyone got a compliable version for VC7?
        See http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...hreadid=100314

Comment

• I've now got my Visual Studio disks, just finished installing those, plus the SP.

Followed the info, and just compiled the debug exe successfully. *chuckles* Its pretty slow, eh?

Just seeing if the final compiles OK.

Having the code actually working should help my ability to contribute to the project. *smiles*

Comment

• Hi,
            Hi have the great_libary.txt problem, too. But ctp2_code and ctp2_data are at the same level:
            \ctp2\ctp2_code\ctp
            \ctp2\ctp2_data

I think it has to do with my German version of CTP2. Can someone help me?
            Last edited by Joss; November 4, 2003, 15:34.

Comment

• Joss go into the ..\ctp2_code\ctp\ directory and open there the civpath.txt find there a string english and replace it by german or copy the civpath.txt from your ctp2_program\ctp\ directory to the project directory.

-Martin

Comment

• BTW, did anyone else have any problems with playing the original CtP2 after running the compiled one? I did, but was able to solve those by just replacing the Registry entries...
                Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

• Miles sound system.

Does CtP2 use the DLL version of the Miles Sound system? (I don't have the CD yet).

Couldn't you build a lib from the dll, and manually rebuild the header?

I found a source of the MSS32.dll, http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?mss32

But, that should be on the cd, or somewhere on the computer after install. (possibly \Windows\System or \Windows\System32, if not in the same directory as the exe)

Comment

• Re: Miles sound system.

Originally posted by Raster
                    Couldn't you build a lib from the dll, and manually rebuild the header?
                    Yep, and someone already has. See http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...16#post2459116

Comment

• We're a couple of steps ahead of you, chief. mss32.dll was always included with the regular game. It gets installed. Being that the game will always be installed first, prior to any patch or replacement .exe that we provide, its not a problem.

And we actually seem to have some movement on including sound, period...

See this thread.

Comment

• @Martin Gühmann:
                        Did this work by you? Now the meassagebox that he cant find greatlibary.txt doesnt appear but the assert failure is still their. Does the exe need more than the data director because i copyed only this from the install into my ctp directory?

Comment

• Joss you mean the assert that you get on startup? So far I just ignored it. But of course it needs to be fixed.

-Martin

Comment

• but then the games doesnt run :-)
                            not so cool

Comment

• Joss, do you mean the ..\ctp2_code\ui\interface\greatlibrary.cpp Line: 334
                              Expression: entry_pos < MAX_ENTRY - 6

Assertion?

If yes just press the ignore button and continue.

-Martin

Comment

• I have compiled the game as described by Mr. Ogre now.
                                That means that i have no sound but everything works fine.
                                I have compiled and tested the following setups:
                                Release
                                Debug
                                Final
                                NDebug
                                Test
                                Optimized Test

The Release version runs fine without anything special to note.
                                The Debug version needs the file anet2d.dll in the game dir, it can be found in the source dir with the .exe. While running debug the game complains about an assertion failing because some soundmanager var is NULL. I press the "Ignore"button and the game carries on unaffected until next turn when the same error pops up again.
                                The Final version came with two warnings about some unused local vars and it ran fine (I actually think it was a bit faster at runtime than the release vesion).
                                The NDebug version compiled with one warning and ran like the normal versions without a glitch.
                                The Test version on the other hand comes up with no less than 244 errors an 15 warnings. I think it is safe to conclude that this build is far from the CD release version.
                                The Optimized Test version only has 2 errors so it is probably more up to date.

I would like to hear if anyone has got a clue to what the different builds are meant to be for.
                                The Debug_browse version has an explenation earlier in this thread and the regular debug version sort of explain itself. But what about the rest?
                                What is the difference between Release, Final and NDebug?
                                Is Test and Optimized Test just leftovers from the past or is it a playground?
                                Is Leak a testsetup for memory leaks?

Update:
                                I just had the idea to eject the CTP2 cd from the drive and see if it made any difference, and it did!
                                The exe from the CD had CD check on.
                                The Final exe had CD check on.
                                The Debug exe had no CD check.
                                The Release exe had no CD check.
                                The NDebug exe had no CD check.

Now i have tried with the 1.11 patch and there were no difference.
                                The 1.11 exe had CD check on.

kaan
                                Last edited by kaan; November 8, 2003, 21:52.

Comment

Working...
                                X