Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, my copy of MS VC++ finally arrived today. It should have arrived days a couple days ago, but they shutdown all our post offices for fear of anthrax (are they ever going to catch that a$$?), but I bumped into the postman and he gave me the package.

In a few short hours I have successfully COMPILED THE CODE WITH NO ERRORS!!! Also, the sound is working perfect. Thanks jonwil!! ... and I have played several turns with no crashes!!!

I do get the assertion failure on shutdown however, but still...
    THe advantage of building the way that is outlined in the attached file (not that this will work for everyone) is that it requires absolutely NO CHANGES TO THE SOURCE CODE to get it to compile. Therefore, it does not create a compiler compatibility problem later on.

It took some time because most of the information on what to do is scattered all over the place. So... I went ahead and put together an .rtf file explaining how to compile the code with MS VC++ 6.0 and Windows 98SE (It seems Martin and I are in the same boat). Thanks for asking all the questions earlier in this thread Martin, I followed that like scripture!

[aside: Where are my dancing bananas? You know, like this one -> ?]
    Attached Files
    Last edited by ahenobarb; November 8, 2003, 23:42.

Comment

• I followed ahenobarb's steps and the code compiled and run successfully under Windows XP Professional with Service Pack 1. I got the assertion messages too after exiting the game. Good work there gathering all the information into a single file

Comment

• Here's the log file for the CivCTP_dbg.exe compilation in case someone wants to take a quick look at the files that are associated with CivCTP_dbg.exe (the debug version of the ctp2.exe).
        Attached Files

Comment

• just what i wanted ahenobarb
          "Every time I learn something new it pushes some old stuff out of my brain" Homer Jay Simpson
          The BIG MC making ctp2 a much unsafer place.
          Visit the big mc’s website

Comment

• Woohoo it worked Thanks ahenobarb

i got the same 2 exit errors too.
            Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
            CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
            One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

• Happy to help!

And it is good to see that it worked on different OS platforms.

Comment

• i set some time apart from my version of hell which is my life to compile the code has your guide got the sound working
                "Every time I learn something new it pushes some old stuff out of my brain" Homer Jay Simpson

Comment

• Well i was using Win98SE and MS Visual C++ 6 too, so it was straight forward following the guide, thankfully.
                  Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)

Comment

• yes but did it have sound

Comment

• yep

Comment

• good

Comment

• Thx ahenobarb,

I follow your directions and I've compiled on WinXP VC++ 6.0

Comment

• on xp did you edit Autoexec.bat

Comment

• What file is that?

Comment

• 2. Go to the Root Directory of your computer (C:\) and open “Autoexec.bat”. In “Autoexec.bat” add the following lines:
                                SET CDKDIR=C:\Activision\CTP2\bin
                                SET PATH=%PATH%;C:\Activision\CTP2\bin

Comment

Working...
                                X