No announcement yet.

PROJECT: Source Code: Project Team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Each coder will fix their module, submit it to the Programming Manager who will retain the "master source copy". At regular intervals the master source copy is to be resent to the coders so their version is updated. The Prog Manager will also assign jobs to coders so coders don't run around fixing the same things off their own backs. Something I see as important: CODERS MUST COMMENT WHAT THEY'VE DONE IN THE CODE AND EXTERNALLY IN TXT DOCUMENTS!!!!!
    Ever thought of makin it a sourceforge.net project? You got cvs a bug-submit and feature-request forum and all such things which helps nicely to do developing.

ata

Comment

If this gets off the ground, I'm willing to do some coding.

I'm a computer science student who previously did a maths degree, and have a strong interest in AI, so I wouldn't mind taking a look at the AI coding.

Comment

Put me down for map programming. There are a lot of things, I'd like to do there. Don't know which .cpp file that is though. Maybe worldevent.cpp?

Comment

Curiosity, excellent. Your maths degree will surely help you, and AI programming is so special, we really need someone for it.
          Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
          I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Unfortunately, the one thing I lack is a copy of the game. Anyone know where I can lay my hands on it? Unless they're releasing all of the art etc. with the source, which I doubt.

Comment

I believe that several online shops like Amazon, and others mentioned at the bottom of this page still ship it.

Comment

Or if you live in a civilized country, a game store discount bin might be a good choice.

Comment

Well I saw it recently, just the CD without a manual on paper (OK it isn't so good anyway) and without the technology poster (well that is a little bit more valuable). So only the CD for ten Euros, in my opinion ten Euros is a little bit too high, five Euros would be more adequate. Especially you consider that the game is full with bugs and Activision will never release a patch that will fix the most urgent ones. So the discount bin might be a good choice but only if the price is right.

-Martin
                  Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

I still see it, on and of, in high street stores for between £5 and £10.
                    'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

ebay probably, thats where i got a copy of ctp1 the 2nd time i bought it.

I see CTP1 much more in shops than i do CTP2, i always see a battered copy of the prima official guide for CTP1 too, which is poo.
                      Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
                      CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
                      One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Thanks guys, the bargain bins weren't lucky (clearly Ireland isn't really a civilized country ) but Maquiladora was correct - ebay has a gadzillion copies available.

Martin, I'm buying the game purely so I can help write the patch!

Hmmm, there's something severely wrong with that, when ya think about it....

Comment

Originally posted by Curiosity

Hmmm, there's something severely wrong with that, when ya think about it....
                          Might as well download the latest patch and play a Mod while you wait for the code. At least you'd get used to the features of the game.
                          Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
                          ...aisdhieort...dticcok...

Comment

Glad you managed to get it.
                            Its a great game, if you like civ type games, and i agree with Hex that you should play a few games. Maybe even play it unmodded first just so you are aware of the changes the Mods make to the game.Have fun
                            'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

Originally posted by Curiosity
                              Actual my point was to buy it for a good price, and not for too much.

-Martin
                              Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

It's really funny, though, going and paying money for copy of a software that one is going to fix later .

Comment

Working...
                                X