how do i change the technology tree in the defualt game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how do i change the technology tree in the defualt game

i noticed in the Defualt game that there was a mistake in the tech tree Modern Medicine should come before Pharmaceuticals.

Modern Medicine gives hospital city improment

Pharmaceuticals gives drug stores and Penicillin wonder. but penicillian did not get completed till the 1940s during world war 2 by the americans when it was first mass produced and used as a medicine. thing is Pharmaceuticals comes directly after democracy is invented by the americans in the late 1700s. americans should be constructing hospitals before drug stores.

how would i be able to switch these two technologys around to make the tech tree more realistic?

also could new technologies be incerted into the tech tree? becasue medicine type advances should also be able to use nano technology in the far future of the 2200s AD and be useing a thing called a N.E.R.D. A nano emersion recovery device to help combat the infector units that use geneticly altered nano probes viruses. the NERDS would be like a city improvment and act sort of like city walls did with slaver units in the early rennasance. and N.E.R.D.'S would help keep infectors at a dissadvantage.

N.E.R.D. City improvment should be placed Inbetween Human Cloning and genetic tailoring and also require Nano warfare technology and this tech advace would be called Nano medicine. i noticed theres also a tech called Micro defence in this game. but micro defence is mostly a air filtration system as opposed to just having anti-infector nano probes. my plan would be to have both the micro defence and the my Nano medicine technology.
    Last edited by jonathan1980; December 6, 2011, 21:49.

Comment

You have to edit the advance.txt. The variable you are looking for is Prerequisites. It lists all advances that must have been discovered so that you can research the advance.

You can add more advances to that file and link them into the tech-tree.

-Martin
      Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

ok im taking your advice

i switched both techs around in my advance.txt file but the modification is not showing up in the Civilpedia its only showing up when i look at the tech tree in the civilpedia but not the description in the civilpedia. when i increased the toomanycities numbers that however did show up in the civilpedia descriptions and as far as adding brand new techs im not able to do this becasue i dont know where to download and TGA files so that in the civilpedia it will display a picture of the technology.
        Last edited by jonathan1980; December 6, 2011, 21:52.

Comment

For the images you could try our CTP2 modification download section. To change the descriptions in the Great Library you have to edit the Great_Library.txt in your ..\ctp2_data\english\gamedata\ directory. In the same directory you also find the gl_str.txt where you find the tech names. For more info about the file structure check our CTP2 data file section.

-Martin
          Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Working...
          X