No announcement yet.

Good-looking Earth maps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rise of Rome Beta is now available for download at Weplayciv http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/down...do=file&id=412
    it combines parts of 3 other Scenarios they are 27 CIV ,Haninibals war ,and First days

Comment

Originally posted by jonathan1980 View Post
      Rise of Rome Beta is now available for download at Weplayciv http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/down...do=file&id=412
      it combines parts of 3 other Scenarios they are 27 CIV ,Haninibals war ,and First days
      By the way we have a download section, too. Where you can upload your files.

-Martin
      Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

By the way we have a download section, too. Where you can upload your files.

-Martin

Comment

i have tried to upload to Aployton but the download manager thingy is gives the message that ctp2 is a closed topic. and i have tried to go to weplayciv site again to look at my upload to see how its doing and how many downloads so far but im not able to access the weplayciv site anymore it says that my connection to the site has been timed out. i do have many original scenarios that have not been uploaded to Aployton and id like to upload them my 27 civs rise of Rome is just the beginning. i also have one called Samurai war which will use the japan-korea map by omni-god and be based on the actual samurai war around the magnificent samurai scenario.except in this case instead of playing as the 7 magnificent samuaris you play as the jappanese and your goal is to conquer them as well as the republic of ezo becasue ill lenthin the scenaio to have the boshin war.

another scenario im working on is north america scenario and in this one its the year 1902 and cuba is now independent it will probably use the some of the world war 2 mod but im still having dificulting learning how to add in new units. but regardless theres many scenarios i have been working on for this game for the past 2 years and id like for them to get uploaded on aployton if possible.

Comment

i have tried to upload to Aployton but the download manager thingy is gives the message that ctp2 is a closed topic.
            That's because the main section should only house the subcategories. So if you wanna upload a CTP2 scenario then you go to Call to Power II -> Downloads -> Scenarios.

I added a description with the main points to the Main CTP2 downloads category. Unfortunately this links and downloads manager has some shortcomings. But it is also some work to port the data into a new system. And also the last upgrade to vBuletin 4.2.0 broke some stuff.

and i have tried to go to weplayciv site again to look at my upload to see how its doing and how many downloads so far but im not able to access the weplayciv site anymore it says that my connection to the site has been timed out.
            I can't connect to weplayciv, either. And it also disappeared from google. Which means it is already down for some time. I found a thread on civfanatics about, dated around new-year.

i do have many original scenarios that have not been uploaded to Aployton and id like to upload them my 27 civs rise of Rome is just the beginning.
            I am not sure what you mean by original scenarios. If you mean scenarios created by you then upload whatever you thing should be there. If those scenarios were created by others then you should check, whether they really need to be uploaded. Most if not all the stuff from before 2009 has been uploaded to Apolyton.

i also have one called Samurai war which will use the japan-korea map by omni-god and be based on the actual samurai war around the magnificent samurai scenario.except in this case instead of playing as the 7 magnificent samuaris you play as the jappanese and your goal is to conquer them as well as the republic of ezo becasue ill lenthin the scenaio to have the boshin war.

another scenario im working on is north america scenario and in this one its the year 1902 and cuba is now independent it will probably use the some of the world war 2 mod but im still having dificulting learning how to add in new units. but regardless theres many scenarios i have been working on for this game for the past 2 years and id like for them to get uploaded on aployton if possible.
            Well, you upload, and then it gets online, nobody has to review it before.

-Martin

Comment

Thank You martin For your support! im very excited about this you have made me happy. My Final Version of Rise of Rome will be ready in 1 week. My other scenarios are still in development and planing phases.

Comment

Thank You martin For your support! im very excited about this you have made me happy. My Final Version of Rise of Rome will be ready in 1 week. My other scenarios are still in development and planing phases.
                Upload, whenever you are done. By the way, I recommend the using the rar-archieve format. It can squeeze more bytes into fewer bytes than the zip-format. Therefore, I allow upload of bigger rar files than zip files.

-Martin

Comment

[QUOTE=jonathan1980;6163916] " it would be nearly impossible to convert this 200x400 map into omni's 200 by 200 size map" . October 21 ,2012

im continuing to Modify the 200x400 sized map. if i move the northern part of Canada and the state of Alaska up north two more Tiles then 200X200 Earth and 200x400 earth will have a Identical Northern boundary limit. however i have done very little work to make Antarctica Smaller i think i could continue to make it smaller and i could try use the space to make Brazil Bigger. especially around the bulge area and try to see if i can place both cities there . they are called Recife and Natal. it seems i was wrong a year ago when i made that bold claim that the 200x200 size map could not be converted into the 200x400 sized map. but its taken me nearly a year of tweaking the map to have proven myself wrong.

Comment

That 200x 400 sized planet earth map is the best. i could never fill it up and its now the year 2020. highest i got before the Chinese hacker attacks destroyed this computer in the 2010s was about 1100 to 1200 places to put some city locations on this Map of the earth so i would recommend the biggest map to stay busy with really long games.

Comment

Working...
                    X