Good-looking Earth maps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good-looking Earth maps?

Are there any good-looking world maps for CtP2, except for the original one (with lots of empty seas in the polar regions) or the custom-made one with Europe oversized?
    The difference between industrial society and information society:
    In an industrial society you take a shower when you have come home from work.
    In an information society you take a shower before leaving for work.

Nope, I think thats it. I was tempted to do a new one but haven't started it.
    Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

there was a god pic locutos had it showed the world on a funny angle to show the hole land mass including Antarctica.

but it was never made a map because the coast lines never look right but with e new terrain it might work.
      "Every time I learn something new it pushes some old stuff out of my brain" Homer Jay Simpson
      The BIG MC making ctp2 a much unsafer place.
      Visit the big mc’s website

Comment

Whats wrong with Omni's world map in the directory? I know its big but its near perfect, except there are no goods or rivers placed.

In fact we should distribute this one with some small tweaks with the sourcecode instead of the Activision original.
        Last edited by Maquiladora; February 10, 2005, 04:55.
        Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
        CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
        One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Thanks, I'm gonna take a look at that one.

Comment

Yeah I'm going to have to download Omni's and rework it a bit. Some of the terrain is too "bland" like india and vietnam is only jungle, need to throw some hills, jungles occassional grasslands in there and the rivers.... might be something I do this weekend.

Comment

looking foward to it E, but is it possible to edit the map's goods?

Comment

Yes, open a game on the Map and use the Cheat Mode and then use the Save Map button. If it does not work, it is Buggy ... then you´ll have to download the Source Code Playtest and see if it has already being fixed.

Comment

You have to use the game option in the Scenario Editor: Full Game Otherwise only starting points are set.

-Martin
                  Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

You can find some 40ish maps in the Apolyton Directory, including 4 or 5 earth maps. Some are based on Omni's map, some are CtP1 conversions, some original.
                    Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

It looks good, though it needs some rework. Sure Scandinavia is cold, but it sholdn't consist of white mountains!

Comment

I take back my comments about the earth maps in the apolyton directory. There are some nice ones. I looked at them using my tiles (the ones I release tomorrow ) and it loks pretty. i'll post pics.

Comment

I'm going to have to take back what I said about the Earth maps. The omni map by Dorian is good...

here's japan (with my tiles)

Comment

Originally posted by Maquiladora View Post
                            Whats wrong with Omni's world map in the directory? I know its big but its near perfect, except there are no goods or rivers placed.

In fact we should distribute this one with some small tweaks with the source code instead of the Activision original.

this is the map that you used for your World War 2 map. i noticed only a few errors on this map. for instance Norway's Colony of Svalbard islands is located on it but there not supposed to be there they are too far north to be on it. also i tweaked the coast of Eurasia one tile further north i used the space on the asia side to make China Bigger. the towns in Manchuria were more one tile north. also i had to tweak the british colony of falkland islands. also this is not the largest earth possible. the larger one is a 200x400 size mutated version of dorian credes map. but it shows the earth in its entirity. its possible to edit out small sections of the poles as omni has done in the version your showing. i always wondered exactly how many more cities could be packed into the 200 x 400 sized earth if some of the poles were edited out. also good work on using this map for your world war 2 scenario. that was the most action packed scenario ever but id like to make it better. but i dont know how to save the scenario so i can play from the begining with all my changes. also you never really added many resources for all the city loactions. theres room for about 300 cities on this map even more then this if you build where there are none like parts of canada ,russia or antartica you only built about 250 cities. im not trying to add my version to apolyton or anything unless i figure out how but im mainly doing it for my own enjoyment. your world war 2 scenario is ovarall the best scenario becasue you have the most types of military units. you never got rid of any of the defualt units left in every single one. sometimes this is a problem becasue some units are exactly the same thing with same names only diffrence is the statistics. overall im not complaining about the units im only tweaking the civilizations territories. nothing drastic or unrealistic but there are ownership changes. so far i am stuck with this december 1941 start time so territory ownership has to revolve around that. i wish the scenario was on a monthly basis and lasted for 75 years. 12 months times 75 = a total of 900 turns. id like the game to go from 1910 to 1985. from the japanese anexation of korea to Gorbachev's reformed soviet union (it led to the end of the USSR) by the way. im still far from having completed city locations on your world war 2 map. if i can figure out how to use it to make my own scenario it be great.

Comment

i was wrong about the 200 x400 size map the 400 is actually running north to south and not east to west as i previously thought. it would be nearly impossible to convert this 200x400 map into omni's 200 by 200 size map. it is possible to edit the terrain slightly to make the continents bigger but impossible to edit out as much of the polar regions. i was really hoping the 400 size in the 200x400 would be lateral because in real life the world is this size because the distance all the way around the earth at the equator is double the distance from the north to the south pole.

Comment

Working...
                              X