No announcement yet.

Sprite Editor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is not a bug in EpriteEdit but in the sprite, some sprites have more frames than is used, these will be exported, but not shown, I have not implemented a display by frame number feature, but that might be added at some point.
    Visit my CTP-page and get TileEdit and a few other CTP related programs.
    Download and test SpriteEdit development build.

Comment

• so actocrap strike again
      "Every time I learn something new it pushes some old stuff out of my brain" Homer Jay Simpson
      The BIG MC making ctp2 a much unsafer place.
      Visit the big mc’s website

Comment

• By the way Martin when do we see SpriteEdit in the directory. I just looked were TileEdit is but there is no SpriteEdit.

-Martin
        Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

• Er... well... eh... I don't know.

The original plan was to post it there when I have a fully functional version, right now it's not much of an editor, just a sprite-extractor.

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin the Dane
            Er... well... eh... I don't know.

The original plan was to post it there when I have a fully functional version, right now it's not much of an editor, just a sprite-extractor.
            And I thought that was the aim not to have a full sprite editor I mean you have PSP or something else to do the art work.

-Martin
            Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

• yes but at the moment you have to use the old actocrap compiler to compile which is useless. The idea was to get a sprite editor which could make a new animation a make the spr files.
              "Every time I learn something new it pushes some old stuff out of my brain" Homer Jay Simpson
              The BIG MC making ctp2 a much unsafer place.
              Visit the big mc’s website

Comment

• Well, yes: No graphics editor, but still the ability to import graphics.

Comment

• If this has already been asked then just pound me. I'm attempting to start making sprites and one thing I noticed is thatthe background is the fuschia pink. If I'm converting Civ3 units can I keep the background as pink (just select that as the alphachannel?) or do I have to still convert it to black?

I still need makespr to make sprites right?
                  Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

• I'm not going to pound you, just hit you in the head no, just kidding . I don't know whether or not the questions have been answered earlier.

makespr does not use a background color, it uses the alpha channel as a transparency mask, here you can graduate the transparency. So the answer to your first question is no, you don't need to convert the bg. but you will have to create a mask (in the alpha channel).
                    Just a note of caution: Do not use black (RGB 0,0,0) for anything other than bg-color. Black is a reserved color in ctp.

And yes you still need to use makespr. I have not had the time to work on SpriteEdit lately. What I plan to include is an import function that uses a bg-color as transparency, and a single image import where transparency, shadow and unit is imported from the same image (separate images for each frame). Exactly how and what have not been determined, but I'll listen to the people making sprites.

Comment

• Thanks Martin, It would be nice if makespr let you import single frames where you could pick the background and shadow color like tileedit. But also have a function like newsprite so you can set the number of frames per section etc.

I hope also it will allow import of pcx, jpg, etc. ( iwish it would do frame by frame import from a FLC of course but I know thats asking too much)

Comment

• Well The first two things I'm going to add to SpriteEdit (what I'm currently working on) are:
                        1. Single frame import, like the import function for graphics in TileEdit.
                        2. The ability to create new sprites from scratch.

I hope also it will allow import of pcx, jpg, etc.
                        I will focus on tga-import first as this is a format I'm familiar with, and have routenes coded for.

( iwish it would do frame by frame import from a FLC of course but I know thats asking too much)
                        Well that will have to wait till someone is willing to pay me a decent salary for doing it 30-50$/h

Comment

• When I hit the lottery you'll be the first to know! thanks for the work martin i look forward to the frame importation (but I hope it allows for different sizes!)

Comment

• OK I've been trying to do a few city sprites. One came out fine then I did another the same way and got what you see below. What did I do wrong?
                            Attached Files

Comment

• I'll take a wild stab in the dark and say it was related to the shadow...

Comment

• Looks like you have a problem with either the shadow or the transparency. (witch I can't tell without looking at the actual sprite) Make sure the alpha chanel is correct and the shadow tiff if you use one is pure black and white.

Comment

Working...
                                X