No announcement yet.

Sprite Editor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok I replaced all the pure black and it still crashes. I added back thedeleted frame and nothing. I then went backtothe original sprite fiile and only replaced the idle, death, and the east direction move. I did not delete or add any frames. it still crashed.

I then went into the game and shut animations off. I found that it would still show the first frame of the east move when I moved. I have also placed my other sprite file (with all directions and added and deleted frames) and it works with animations OFF (still showing one frame of differet directions)

so I'm thinking it might be a problem with the sequencing of multidimensional animations. but I thik it doesn't have to do with pure black, maybe the way its saving the sprite file?
    Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

• e I think pure black is being created in tga import function of spriteedit.
      "Every time I learn something new it pushes some old stuff out of my brain" Homer Jay Simpson
      The BIG MC making ctp2 a much unsafer place.
      Visit the big mc’s website

Comment

• I suspect that Mc i sright with regard to the error having to do with the black pixels, so I'm working on a patch that will eliminate black pixels, by simply converting them to RGB 1,1,1 (or 8,8,8 in 24/32 bit)

E, I found an error in the animation-sequence in your sprite, the sprite-frame-numbers used were from 1-10 while the available sprite-frame-numbers in the file is 0-9. (correcting this allowed me to move the sprite E and SE in game)
        Visit my CTP-page and get TileEdit and a few other CTP related programs.
        Download and test SpriteEdit development build.

Comment

• Updated SpriteEdit:

Changes from Build 11 to 12
          1. Modified the tga-import to eliminate "pure-black". Now if the tga contains pure black pixels those pixels will be converted to the darkest gray.
          2. Added 4 short-cut keys:
            In the Main window:
            1. <CTRL> + <SHIFT> + E = Edit currently selected sprite-frame
            2. <CTRL> + <SHIFT> + I = Insert a sprite-frame befor the currently selected sprite-frame
            3. <CTRL> + <SHIFT> + A = Add a sprite-frame to the current animation.
            In the Edit sprite-frame window:
            1. <ALT> + L = Open the load tga dialog.

Please tell me witch short-cuts you miss the most, and if you have any suggestions as to whitch keys to use that would be welcome as well.

E, I tried reimporting the south-facing move sprite-frames, to your version of GU002.spr this solved the problem, so now I had no crashes (played 5-6 turns, just moving my settler arround)

Comment

• Already download tell you how it goes tomorrow.
            "Every time I learn something new it pushes some old stuff out of my brain" Homer Jay Simpson
            The BIG MC making ctp2 a much unsafer place.
            Visit the big mc’s website

Comment

• Martin did you update the link in your signature? It sill has a december 30th sprite-edit...

Comment

• Oops

I did update the file in my sig, but forgot to update the file in the zip (Guess I should have satayed in bed.)

Comment

• Martin, I'm still having a problem with my settler graphics. But since you said you re-imported them, then maybe there is something I did wrong with the TGAs. I'll test it out and get back on that.

Another thing though. I tried to edit the battleship graphics by adding the civ3 battleship graphics. the civ3 frame size is bgger and when I hit edit, instead of sprite-edit placing the whole frame it just pasted over part of the original frame. This by design? Inserting a frame does the same thing? Is there a way to get a larger frame size? I thought I was able to do it in build 10 or 11. just checking...

Comment

• OK, I saved the images of the north move and re-entered them. (The export function I couldnt get to work). I then loaded the game and tried to move north and it crashed

I then thought the "render" blocks not being checked were a problem (even though they were not for the idle graphics) I checked them and reloaded for the north again. And it still crashed.

(still have solved the problem wuth the larger frames with the battleship either)

Not sure what I'm doing wrong, but perhaps when BigMC checks in he can give some insight.

here's my tgas in case I saved them in a bad format (but the load fine and are 24bit TGAs)
                    Attached Files

Comment

• With regard to changing the image-size it will be implemented, but rigth now you'll have to find a sprite with the right image-size and work from there. The problem is that each sprite can have only one image-size, so this will be implemented along with the ability to create sprites from scratch.

As to your sprite. I copied it to my ctp-sprite folder and started the game, no problem, moved it around 10-15 turns and settled still no probelm. I havn't tried the death anim though.

Comment

• Martin, are you running CTP2 on XP? the sprite works when animations are set to off, but when they are on, the game crashes.

Can anyone else test out my sprite? Its in the zip above Martin's post.

Comment

• Yes I am running CTP2 on XP.
                          I just tested the death anim, and it crashes, no matter what I do, so I'll have to take a closer look at it.

Comment

• my death did not crash, it just shows nothing. still its the move that crashes it. weird.

Comment

• I think I know why your death anim is crashing. For somereason it was able to load a different size frame forthe death anim. the other ones are 96x72. Death is 104x77.

this might be why my move is a problem too, but I'm not sure.

Comment

• Martin,

I think ithas to do with spriteframes as well. Can you give a run down as to what these fields should be? It appears that even when you open an existing sprite it still has to be fixed.

one issue is that move, idle, victory on my sprite are in that order but it says sprite first frame is 20 for idle and 30 for death. Should it be 0?

I did adjust it for move and my move finally started working, except it would crash every now and again, maybe it reset, not sure.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X