Anybody home?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Solver
    Cmon E, you could mod it into Civ4 with your skills.
    You know I'm just a clever cut 'n paster, Martin Guhmann can confirm that...

Gold for tile improvements would be easily modded. A PW system is also quite possible to implement, though it's not something I would do because of the AI.
    I found in the code where I could do that CvPlot::CanBuildImprovement but I know nothing of AI handling (ctp2 or civ4) I guess as a bool I assume the AI can handle it right???

Other than that my consumed workers idea is probably the easiest way to implement and the AI logic of wanting more workers should handle that.

By the way, its no secret that after the CtP2 code anniversary in October I'm moving to Civ4....
    Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

Somehow the job you've done on AE makes me strongly doubt that you're just a cut-and-paster

The place to implement cost requirements wouldn't be in CvPlot::canBuildImprovement(), but I'd rather do it in CvPlayer::canBuild(), as that's where the gold check would fit better. It's a simple matter of modifying the CvImprovementInfo class to add a gold-cost variable and properly read and expose it.

The AI is always more complicated than that. Sure, if it doesn't have enough gold, it'll see that the bool returns false and will, well, know that it can't build the improvement. It won't, however, realize that it needs more money for it, so you'd need additional AI changes to ensure that it knows how to keep some money for terrain improvements, etc.

Besides, if you set the costs to high enough, you'd need to rebalance several other game areas. For example, if you slow down the game by requiring considerable costs, you'll need to alter the amount of turns, etc.
      Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
      I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Well, I just snagged the demo for CivIV and played my 100 turns without my computer bursting into flames, so I guess that means my system at least meets the basic requirements. Time to start shopping...

Comment

Originally posted by Solver
          The place to implement cost requirements wouldn't be in CvPlot::canBuildImprovement(), but I'd rather do it in CvPlayer::canBuild(), as that's where the gold check would fit better.
          rying to avoid getting too OFT but I saw this:

Code:
          bool CvPlayer::canBuild(const CvPlot* pPlot, BuildTypes eBuild, bool bTestEra, bool bTestVisible) const
          {
          	PROFILE_FUNC();

if (!(pPlot->canBuild(eBuild, getID(), bTestVisible)))
          	{
          		return false;
          	}

if (GC.getBuildInfo(eBuild).getTechPrereq() != NO_TECH)
          	{
          		if (!(GET_TEAM(getTeam()).isHasTech((TechTypes)GC.getBuildInfo(eBuild).getTechPrereq())))
          		{
          			if ((!bTestEra && !bTestVisible) || ((getCurrentEra() + 1) < GC.getTechInfo((TechTypes) GC.getBuildInfo(eBuild).getTechPrereq()).getEra()))
          			{
          				return false;
          			}
          		}
          	}

if (!bTestVisible)
          	{
          		if (pPlot->getFeatureType() != NO_FEATURE)
          		{
          			if (!(GET_TEAM(getTeam()).isHasTech((TechTypes)GC.getBuildInfo(eBuild).getFeatureTech(pPlot->getFeatureType()))))
          			{
          				return false;
          			}
          		}
          [b]
          		if (max(0, getGold()) < getBuildCost(pPlot, eBuild))
          		{
          			return false; [/b]
          		}
          	}

return true;
          }
          That code was already there and I assume that means gold cost is in? how do I access that?

Edit:
          NEVERMIND

Looks like Firaxis beat me to the punch. In Build above kill (which kils workers) there is icost and it does trace to gold. Looks like I don't have to code after all

now back to your original AOM program....
          Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

Originally posted by demon59
            I'm running a 2.01 GHz AMD Athlon 64 CPU (3200+) with 1 Gig of Ram with no separate graphics card. Do you think CivIV would run on this?
            Try the demo for civ4...

The only thing I'm not sure about is whether the demo has the p1.51 optimization.

The last three demos I tried (EU3, MTW2, Caeser4) made it very clear that my machine would have problems with those games.

Edit...didn't see that you already downloaded the demo
            Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
            ...aisdhieort...dticcok...

Comment

I was able to run Civ4 demo Charlemagne from Beyond the Sword. P4 500ram with 128 intel video card.
              Was able to zoom in and out without any problems at all.Now of course I would still upgrade if I were to buy Civ4 as a full game would have more features.

Comment

Working...
              X