This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Links dont work anymore
    Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

Main_Brain my first question would have been if I did not figure it out on my own which links do not work. Well it looks like all the links that links to particular posts of Apolyton are broken. The links to sites outside of Apolyton seems to be ok. Well Markos should know what happend.

-Martin
      Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

How would Markos be "officially" notified of the broken links to Apolyton threads? I've just recently dusted off my CTP2 CD and could use a refresher course.
        Any flames in this message are solely in the mind of the reader.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dave
          How would Markos be "officially" notified of the broken links to Apolyton threads? I've just recently dusted off my CTP2 CD and could use a refresher course.
          You could PM MarkG or PM Locutus the author of the post in which you find the broken links. The problem is that these threads are moved to the archieve, actual I don't know whether these threads really belong into the archieve.

-Martin

Comment

Markos is aware of this bug and fixing it is on his to-do list (but it may be a while).

Sorry, old threads get moved to the archives, not much can be done about that (except continuing to post in them )
            Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

That didn't take quite as long as I had feared The links should work again.
              Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

I found Vels strategy thread useful; however here are so things I've discovered: mostly from a decade of playing other civ games. As I'm new to CTP2 there might be some errors:

Wonder City - after I've built 2 or 3 settlers,
                Build:
                granary
                I set PW to 100% until I have farms in all of my plains/farmland in the inner 8 tiles in whatever becomes my wonder city then build:
                City Walls
                Chichen Itza

By then I may need aqueduct
                and then my pw goes to 100% to build mines in hills and mountains in the inner tiles;
                Build lyseium
                Bailista Towers
                Food Silo
                Mill
                Court House
                Then at about size 12: I build Advanced farms on the outside
                and when I Can Advanced Mines
                Happiness improvements (since there is going to be pollution here)

Build city impovements especially:
                Ballista Towers
                Court House

If any time is left Science improvements, then
                Drug Store (if needed)
                Penacylin

2nd Wonder City: after 1st has its advanced farms place advanced farms and later advanced mines in inner then outer tiles.
                Build Wallls and ballista towers
                Build population improvements(granaries aqueducts food silos)
                Build production improvents(this city's first wonder is Zero Crime Bill, so you'll have the time for factories and refineries)
                Happiness improvements as it will soon be more polluted than city #1
                Science improvements

Retreating:
                Armies of 6 samarai & 5 mounted warriors & 1 slaver)are cheap as I approach fascism, but don't last too long, but if I have 20 cities, it's likely I have a few samari about ready to catch up. Retreat so I'll have 6 & 5 & 1 next turn against a weaker city. Eventually I'll build the Knights or Cavalry(if I have the tech) to catch up and replace lost samari.

Comment

I don't know if this is the appropriate place, but...
                  Well, I have a Wacom tablet. It works fine with CivII and III, Age of Empires, etc.
                  But I just can't find out how to make it working with CTPII or even AoM. There's some "ini" file to modify, or drive to download, anything?

Any hints?
                  RIAA sucks
                  The Optimistas
                  I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

so I originally was a fan of CTP and recently decided to reinstall it to my new system. I came to realize it didn't work and then found out they had released the source code for CTP2. What I am wondering is how I would go about acquiring the base CD or something like it so I can play CTP2 with the mods offered by this site. Would I need to purchase a copy (and what would be a good site to visit for it). Or is the game now available to every one.

Comment

I recommend rather the answers you can find here on them then there, and also the patch is available there again....

Comment

Originally posted by omer30 View Post
                        so I originally was a fan of CTP and recently decided to reinstall it to my new system. I came to realize it didn't work and then found out they had released the source code for CTP2. What I am wondering is how I would go about acquiring the base CD or something like it so I can play CTP2 with the mods offered by this site. Would I need to purchase a copy (and what would be a good site to visit for it). Or is the game now available to every one.

You could buy the game from the Good old Games. That is a download version so it comes without a CD. The only problem is that our Apolyton Edition doesn't play the sounds in the GoG version. If you could tell me where the sound files are stored and how they are named, then I could fix this. OK I know the first part of the answer you find it in the Apolyton Edition thread of the Source Code forum. But I still need the second part of the answer.

-Martin

Comment

Working...
                        X