X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Martin Gühmann
    replied
    Originally posted by omer30 View Post
    so I originally was a fan of CTP and recently decided to reinstall it to my new system. I came to realize it didn't work and then found out they had released the source code for CTP2. What I am wondering is how I would go about acquiring the base CD or something like it so I can play CTP2 with the mods offered by this site. Would I need to purchase a copy (and what would be a good site to visit for it). Or is the game now available to every one.

You could buy the game from the Good old Games. That is a download version so it comes without a CD. The only problem is that our Apolyton Edition doesn't play the sounds in the GoG version. If you could tell me where the sound files are stored and how they are named, then I could fix this. OK I know the first part of the answer you find it in the Apolyton Edition thread of the Source Code forum. But I still need the second part of the answer.

-Martin

Leave a comment:

• mariyar
    replied
    I recommend rather the answers you can find here on them then there, and also the patch is available there again....

Leave a comment:

• omer30
    replied
    so I originally was a fan of CTP and recently decided to reinstall it to my new system. I came to realize it didn't work and then found out they had released the source code for CTP2. What I am wondering is how I would go about acquiring the base CD or something like it so I can play CTP2 with the mods offered by this site. Would I need to purchase a copy (and what would be a good site to visit for it). Or is the game now available to every one.

Leave a comment:

• Aro
    replied
    I don't know if this is the appropriate place, but...
    Well, I have a Wacom tablet. It works fine with CivII and III, Age of Empires, etc.
    But I just can't find out how to make it working with CTPII or even AoM. There's some "ini" file to modify, or drive to download, anything?

Any hints?

Leave a comment:

• realpolitic
    replied
    I found Vels strategy thread useful; however here are so things I've discovered: mostly from a decade of playing other civ games. As I'm new to CTP2 there might be some errors:

Wonder City - after I've built 2 or 3 settlers,
    Build:
    granary
    I set PW to 100% until I have farms in all of my plains/farmland in the inner 8 tiles in whatever becomes my wonder city then build:
    City Walls
    Chichen Itza

By then I may need aqueduct
    and then my pw goes to 100% to build mines in hills and mountains in the inner tiles;
    Build lyseium
    Bailista Towers
    Food Silo
    Mill
    Court House
    Then at about size 12: I build Advanced farms on the outside
    and when I Can Advanced Mines
    Happiness improvements (since there is going to be pollution here)

Build city impovements especially:
    Ballista Towers
    Court House

If any time is left Science improvements, then
    Drug Store (if needed)
    Penacylin

2nd Wonder City: after 1st has its advanced farms place advanced farms and later advanced mines in inner then outer tiles.
    Build Wallls and ballista towers
    Build population improvements(granaries aqueducts food silos)
    Build production improvents(this city's first wonder is Zero Crime Bill, so you'll have the time for factories and refineries)
    Happiness improvements as it will soon be more polluted than city #1
    Science improvements

Retreating:
    Armies of 6 samarai & 5 mounted warriors & 1 slaver)are cheap as I approach fascism, but don't last too long, but if I have 20 cities, it's likely I have a few samari about ready to catch up. Retreat so I'll have 6 & 5 & 1 next turn against a weaker city. Eventually I'll build the Knights or Cavalry(if I have the tech) to catch up and replace lost samari.

Leave a comment:

• Locutus
    replied
    That didn't take quite as long as I had feared The links should work again.

Leave a comment:

• Locutus
    replied
    Markos is aware of this bug and fixing it is on his to-do list (but it may be a while).

Sorry, old threads get moved to the archives, not much can be done about that (except continuing to post in them )

Leave a comment:

• Martin Gühmann
    replied
    Originally posted by Big Dave
    How would Markos be "officially" notified of the broken links to Apolyton threads? I've just recently dusted off my CTP2 CD and could use a refresher course.
    You could PM MarkG or PM Locutus the author of the post in which you find the broken links. The problem is that these threads are moved to the archieve, actual I don't know whether these threads really belong into the archieve.

-Martin

Leave a comment:

• Big Dave
    replied
    How would Markos be "officially" notified of the broken links to Apolyton threads? I've just recently dusted off my CTP2 CD and could use a refresher course.

Leave a comment:

• Martin Gühmann
    replied
    Main_Brain my first question would have been if I did not figure it out on my own which links do not work. Well it looks like all the links that links to particular posts of Apolyton are broken. The links to sites outside of Apolyton seems to be ok. Well Markos should know what happend.

-Martin

Leave a comment:

• Main_Brain
    replied
    The Links dont work anymore

Leave a comment:

• Murdok
    replied
    No, that's perfect, thanks!

Still kind of annoying that there is no "official" way to get it, just in case it wasn't on eBay. But still, I will now get my copy.

Thank you!!!

Leave a comment:

• Maquiladora
    replied
    Theres 13 copies of CtP2 found on ebay "available to Canada".

Id go for
    this one as its in the US, its the cardboard box style and probably has the wallchart with it. As inaccurate as the chart is on units, it can be helpful learning the tech tree.

Of course this is all useless if you dont want to use ebay.

Leave a comment:

• Murdok
    replied
    Help for Canadians

* MarkG tries to make a mental note into locutus head to add the most crucial question: "where can i buy ctp2?", as well as the answer "via the apolyton links at only $14.99!"
    I've looked everywhere on the Apolyton site and the only place I could see to buy CTP2 was on Amazon. So of course I go over there and find 8 or so places that sell either new or used copies. Turns out that either every single one is out of stock, and/or does not ship to Canada! Actually I have a sneaking suspicion that none of them ship to Canada. Amazon.ca doesn't even sell video games, so they're no help!

Thus my question is this: How in the world can a get a copy?!? Is there something I've missed? Am I just out of luck???

Please help me because I love CTP and just found out that there is a sequal and want very much to get a copy! Pleeeese!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Martin Gühmann
    replied
    Originally posted by Paulidog
    Hello,

I have looked over the past threads and on the net ect. So I will post the question here: Does anyone know where the CTPII info went on the offical Activisiton site or why it is not longer there? Is CTP going to be produce by a different vendor? If you goto the Activision site in no longer makes any referance to CTP or CTPII.

Thanks!
    Well in the meantime there you can find the stuff about CTP2 on Activions site again, but it is not so obvious anymore, the FAQs are there again, also I recommend rather the answers you can find here on them then there, and also the patch is available there again. Unfortunatly you have to search it under downloads and have to go from there to other patches. Well better download it from the Apolyton directory.

-Martin

Leave a comment:

Working...
X