Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Q58 I'm using cable Internet and when I start multiplayer and select Internet I get a message from CtP2 saying that I first have to dial in. How do I fix this?
    A58 Go to either Internet Explorer or Configuration Screen, select Internet Options, go to the tab Connections, click LAN Settings and make sure the 'Auto detect settings' option is selected (the exact names may be slightly different depending your OS/IE version/language). (Courtesy of Franses)
    Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Q59 Usually my CTP1/2 maps don't have icy terrain on the north and the south can this be fixed?
      A59 Yes, but actual I am not content with the result you have will have climate zones with hard borders, but of corse you can try this and if you like the result you can keep it.

Open the userprofile.txt in your ..\ctp2_program\ctp\ folder and find these lines:

Code:
      MapPlugin0=dll\\map\\geometric.dll
      MapPlugin1=dll\\map\\crater.dll
      MapPlugin2=dll\\map\\plasma2.dll
      MapPlugin3=dll\\map\\plasma2.dll
      Replace the last MapPlugin so that it looks like this:

Code:
      MapPlugin0=dll\\map\\geometric.dll
      MapPlugin1=dll\\map\\crater.dll
      MapPlugin2=dll\\map\\plasma2.dll
      MapPlugin3=dll\\map\\fault.dll
      By the way Locutus you should update the table of content it is a little bit outdated right now.
      Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Q60 When ive got a 12 stack of sea transports i cant unload from any of them, even when i ungroup.
        A60 You have to move one of the sea transports out of the 12 stack to unload. The reason for this is i think when you unload a unit, it exists on top of the sea transport before it moves onto land, therefore if theres a stack of 12 sea transports nothing can unload until you at least make it a stack of 11. (only 12 unloaded and sea transport units can exist on one tile.)

NOTE: The same should apply to all units that can carry other units.
        Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
        CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
        One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Q61 Where on the CD can I find the music tracks from the game? How I can conver them to *.mp3s?
          A61 More info on this can be found in this thread.

Q62 Help! I'm playing with the Apolyton Pack and at the start of the game my settlers have gone mad! They're moving all over the place on their own and I can't stop them.
          A62 This is a known problem. It's probably a bug in the Frenzy code that comes with the Apolyton Pack (so it may occur in other mods that use Frenzy as well, though the bug to my knowledge hasn't been observed elsewhere yet), but the exact source of the error is not known (yet). For now, the best solution is to simply disable the 'Auto Cycle Multiple Turns' option from the Advanced Options screen (Options > Advanced, or Ctrl+p) for the first few turns of the game. Other solutions, such as putting your Settlers to sleep before the end of each turn work as well (but may be more of a hassle).
          After you used all your starting Settlers to found cities, the problem will disappear. Later on in the game, no units (Settlers or others) should be affected by this bug.

Comment

Q63 Why does my Multiplayer save game sometimes get corrupted and wont re-load and crash when we try to resume?
            A63 One possible reason for this is because when you saved the Multiplayer game a player is terraforming on a tile.

To avoid this bug DONT save a Multiplayer game (that you plan to load later) when anyone is terraforming.

Q64 Sometimes when i reload in multiplayer the game will resynch EVERY turn, for a few turns.
            A64 This is because a player was building a tile improvement when the game was saved, and the game will resynch until the tile improvement is finished next time you load the game.

Dont save the multiplayer game when someone is in the middle of terraforming or building a tile improvement.

Thanks to Cloud99 for this, hope i got it right...
            Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)

Comment

Q65 How does CtP2 compare to Civ3?
              A65 Solver wrote an excellent guide comparing CtP2 and Civ3 titled CtP2 vs. Civ 3 - a guide. You will probably find the answer to most of your questions on this subject there.

Q66 I'm looking to improve my game but there's not strategy forum. Where can I find strategy threads?
              A66 Strategy threads are unfortunately comparatively rare, but you can find a listing of the most important threads here. You may also want to check out Maquiladora's Strategy Website.

Comment

Q43.
                A43 - Additional
                Select the National Manager, then select the Status tab.
                All cities with an empty Build Queue will have a Turns to Complete value of "N/A".
                If you sort by Turns all the empty queues will appear at the top of the list.

Comment

Q67 I have problems joining or hosting games once inside the server, what can I do?

A67 This may be because you have Windows XP/2000 and the other player/s also has Windows XP/2000.

This particular problem has been fixed, you can find the new files attached to this post. There are instructions inside detailing how to back up and replace your old ones.

The original post and the fix made by Fromafar can be found here also.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Re: Questions 48 to 52

[
                    Q51 I would buy CtP2 if it had Resources like in Civ3 and Colonies

A51 Well have a look in the modding community for more info
                    here: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...threadid=55580 for Civ3 style Resources
                    here: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...threadid=25902 for Colonies

There is also a thread on Cultural Boarders as in Civ3 somewhere in the CtP2/Creation/AI/Mods/Scenarios forum
                    here: http://apolyton.net/forums/forumdisp...s=&forumid=118
                    I think we can update this answer

As of Revision469 of the Source Code Project there has been the initial implementation of resources in Ctp2. The NeedsCityGood and NeedsCityGoodAll flags can be added to unit.txt, wonder.txt, and building.txt files. These flags need to be populated with the same resource value you can find in terrain.txt.

If you just want to add one good as a pre-requisite than you can use either the NeedsCityGood or the NeedsCityGoodAll flag. NeedsCityGood is an either/or flag meaning if you have two flags each with a different good than if the city has either good in its radius or is buying it from trade than the unit, building, wonder can be built.

NeedsCityGoodAll is an AND flag meaning if you have two flags each with a different good then the city has to have all goods in its radius or is buying them from trade for the unit, building, wonder to be built.
                    Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

Q68 How can I prevent the game from showing the intro movie all the time?
                      A68 Right click your CTP2 shortcut. Select properties and the shortcut tab. In the line that says target after [b]ctp\ctp2.exe" add -nointromovie after the quotation mark.
                      Last edited by Ekmek; April 6, 2007, 17:49.

Comment

UPDATED THE FAQ

Comment

Q23 (revisited)
                          Why can't I enter the lobby and is there only one server available?

A23
                          None of the servers that were listed in the - Activision or Apolyton - servers.dat file exist any more. Fortunately, the Battlezone community (source: http://www.battlezoneclub.org/forum, ANET Server forum) still maintains some servers.

To use the new servers, you have to delete your old servers.dat file, and create or edit a file bootserv.txt, with contents
                          Code:
                          174.133.124.242 911.alink.bz911.net
                          75.127.124.148 alink.bz911.com
                          97.74.125.45 battlezone1.net
                          87.239.22.16 uk1.battlezone1.com
                          69.162.75.5 www.bzfederation.com
                          This file is also available from http://www.kegel.com/anet/master/servers.txt (save as bootserv.txt), or as part of the source code archive.

A new servers.dat file will be created automatically when you select an Internet Network Game.

Comment

Working...
                          X