Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• War Discontent

The manual reads
    Your people are sensitive to military units leaving their cities, and the loss of life in war.

... however, I remain confused by war discontent.

Is war discontent (supposed to be) made worse by having military units within the city?
    or
    Is war discontent (supposed to be) made better by having military units within the city?

I've tried placing more military units within a city to reduce war discontent but that does not seem to have any effect. The magnitude of unhappiness attributed to war discontent does vary from city to city but I cannot understand the formula that is in effect.

In the govern.txt file the two relevant parameters appear to be:
    WarDiscontentMaxUnits
    WarDiscontentPerUnit

So in the case of "WarDiscontentMaxUnits 0" does this mean that more than 0 units in a city lead to war discontent in that city?
    or
    Does this mean that more than 0 units in the field (anywhere in your civilization) will lead to war discontent?

Is it possible that the formula is different for each type of government or is the only difference the two parameters in the govern.txt file mentioned above?

When both:
    (i) your military units are put on "At Peace" stance via the Unit Manager and
    (ii) you have peace treaties with all other civilizations in the game via the Diplomacy Manager;
    then why is it that war discontent is still generated?

To count for/against war discontent, must the military units be within the city walls or just within the dotted line boundary of the city?

Must the military units be fortified or can they be in sentinel or just unfortified stance?
    Last edited by najevi; October 15, 2009, 00:12. Reason: clarification

Originally posted by najevi View Post

Is war discontent (supposed to be) made worse by having military units within the city?
    No, never.

Is war discontent (supposed to be) made better by having military units within the city?
    Yes, in a way, read on.

Is it possible that the formula is different for each type of government or is the only difference the two parameters in the govern.txt file mentioned above?
    The formula is in this thread: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...hreadid=111265

When both:
    (i) your military units are put on "At Peace" stance via the Unit Manager and
    (ii) you have peace treaties with all other civilizations in the game via the Diplomacy Manager;
    then why is it that war discontent is still generated?
    The name "War Discontent" is a misnomer. It's not tied to war with other nations in the game at all.

"War Discontent" simply means "Units outside cities or fortifications". If a unit is outside a city or fortification it's contributing to "War Discontent".

To count for/against war discontent, must the military units be within the city walls or just within the dotted line boundary of the city?
    They must be within the city tile itself, or the fortification tile itself.

Must the military units be fortified or can they be in sentinel or just unfortified stance?
    It doesn't matter.
    Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
    CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
    One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Working...
    X