Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Relationship commerce-science on citylevel

Hi,

I was wondering if there is or should be a relationship between commerce and science on a city level.

In an AOM game I am playing from time to time, I have several cities with very very good commerce. They do NOT have equally good science though, on the contrary, some of them have very poor science.

This leads me to the conclusion that science is 'calculated' on an empire level, then redistributed proportionally over the various cities. But how is that done? I would expect cities with very good commerce to get more science, but this doesn't seem to be the case, so what parameters does the game use to redistribute science values?

Just a question out of curiosity. If the game handles the calculation of science correctly on an empire level, there's no difference really how much science each city gets since science advances themselves use the empire level values anyway... But I am sometimes worried that science is NOT correctly calculated each time I'm looking at those cities with excellent commerce but poor science. I'm still not sure whether or not this is just the way the game handles science or not.

Tellius
    Only tyrants need worry about tyrant-killers

In the original game, the commerce values aren't displayed correctly. What I remember is that the raw gold values are displayed, and not the processed ones. So you see the amount of gold you get from terrain and buildings etc. but the stuff you have to pay like building maintenance and wages is still in. And I don't remember whether the raw values displayed still contains the science.

-Martin
    Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

yeah the gold values are messed up and science is taken from it nationlly according to the source code. Personally I like commerce being separate from science. It allows for better city specialization and ghistorically because your rich doesn't mean you are advanced (Saudi Arabia isn't the world's technology leader)
      Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

Working...
      X