Help Locating some downloads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Locating some downloads

The last 2 days has been frustrating trying to locate some files. I have them off from work and was looking forward to trying some of the mods, but it seems that the site that hosted some of the downloads is down and the broken links not fixed, or all I can find is what sounds and looks like outdated versions of certain mods.

I've mainly been looking for the most current playtest from the source code project. I have the 3 correct files, and the 646from E's sig. I have the mod swapper, and and the patch. Everytime I attempt to open the game it says it is unable to find 'libtiff3.dll'. However that particular file is there. I reinstalled the file and it asked for another, so i did the same. I did this about 6 times and realized it was just going to continue moving down the list of different files.

Is there something I'm missing? Or haven't downloaded? Is there a download that does or could have all the neccesary files in one place?

I'm also looking for the most current download for the apolyton pack. Also was curious if the apolyton pack is the same as the playtests, and source code project? The only download i could find for the apolyton pack is broken.

Lastly where can i find the mod that allows for gigantic maps and more then 9players in multiplayer mode. My wife and I play from time to time and are quite bored of the same old 9 players. Ussually we have diminished every single last AI by time I hit the modern Era (ussually their fault, they are power hungry and attack either her or myself almost as soon as they find my cities). Which makes for a boring game. You see I'm not allowed to attack my wife anymore in the game. Last time I did I launched 55 nukes into her country leaving her with 2 untouched cities and 5 cities with a pop2-3 and charcoal land and no military anywhere. She wouldn't talk to me for rest of the night and the next day, hehe . I now have to disable nukes and the nano-rangers.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Alright I answered some of my own question and found all the correct links for downloads. However I'm not sure on the order of install.

I installed the latest playtest, then 1,2,3 .rar files and lastly 646 from E's sig. I've tried various combo of installation, and avoided installing certain items.

I did figure out that if I did just the playtest or the 1,2,3 .rar files and left the 646 out it would work. however i can not get it to recognize my cd.

Is there anyway of loading it into the modswapper?

Comment

which playtest are you taling about? the 1,2,3 files should be the playtest. My 646 build is on top of that. the mods you should put into a scenario folder (but you have to set up the scen000 files and the tgas) that way you dont have to copy over the original game. My Civ3mod (name to change soon) works this way
      Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

Does Apolyton Pack 2.0 work with the Playtest yet?

Also, im not sure if some of the scripts in Apolyton Pack 2.0 cause problems in multiplayer, but youd probably have to try it.

The easiest way i found to make the game much harder in MP (without a mod that might not work), is to increase the barbs, so youd have to fight off loads of barbs, whilst developing your civ somehow, and in this case going for the Gaia Controller, if youre not allowed to attack each other.

To do this just open risks.txt from ...\ctp2_data\default\gamedata, most of the lines should be self-explanatory. Just an idea anyway, if you cant find any other way to get a decent AI into a MP game.

Last time I did I launched 55 nukes into her country leaving her with 2 untouched cities and 5 cities with a pop2-3 and charcoal land and no military anywhere. She wouldn't talk to me for rest of the night and the next day, hehe . I now have to disable nukes and the nano-rangers.
        Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
        CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
        One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Originally posted by Maquiladora
          Does Apolyton Pack 2.0 work with the Playtest yet?

afaik the AE uses all the apolyton pack features so there is no point in using AE with apolpack

bytheway I think I found a way for the AI to build forts but you have to give forts a production or gold value. it came out during my civ3mod with oil wells.

Comment

Originally posted by E

afaik the AE uses all the apolyton pack features so there is no point in using AE with apolpack
            Doesnt SAP2.0 use frenzy AI? I know the sourcecode AI cant attack anywhere near like that yet.
            Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
            CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
            One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Yes I played around with the Bards about 2 weeks ago. Increased odds of random appearance to 90% at 10 at a time. I had 4 cities by the time they started appearing. I eventually had one strong hold with 6warriors and 3 archers. 5 of the 8 computers whipped right out in the first 2 turns the bards appeared. I know how to properly edit all the txt files excluding the AI, and Map.txt. No matter what I do there it seems the map size remains the same.

Also I cannot figure out how to make it so I can have more then 9 players in multiplayer mode. I can have 32 players in single player but not in multi.

I see, so the 1,2,3 are the playtest? That takes some weight off trying to fix this. Next problem I've been having is this:

I do the install of the 1,2,3 .rar playtest files and it works just fine. Except it will not recognize my cd. I've done 3 things on this. I attempted a regular cd, no luck. I then found a crack to play without the cd. No luck there either. I then created a virtual cd and created an image from the original CTP2 cd and put it into the virtual cd mounter. The virtual cd with the image works just like the cd with the original game. The computer seems to know no better. But as soon as I install the 3 playtest files it refuses to recognize any of the 3.

When I attempt to put the 646build on top of the 3 i get errors about these saying: (couldn't locate file
              libtiff3.dll
              anet2.dll

There are some other files but those are the only one I can recall offhand. Now when it says its incapable of locating these files I am able to physically see them. They are this directory:
              Call To Power 2\ctp2_program\ctp

Should those files not be there? Cause I have to figure they are simply being looked for in another place. On top of that these files, excluding the anet2.dll aren't there until after I've installed the playtest and 646.

Or is it because I have ctp2 installed in a different directory other then my local drive and c drive. They are different drives. I moved my local drive over to the D drive, and my C drive is a different partition. My D drive has my os on it. And maybe its doing one of 2 things:

1. Looking to my local drive for the files or game in general and not finding it.
              2. Looking toward my C Drive and not finding it.

I do know one thing. In order for the patch to work I have to install CTP2 in my local drive then move it after the patch has been installed. But the patch isn't the current issue. I have that all done some months ago.
              Last edited by LordLightning; November 2, 2006, 16:44.

Comment

hmmm. sorry I'm at a loss. i have the game with te playtest and it reads fine. I dont recall any xplosiv cd issues with AE. but I assume without the playtest it runs fine?

Comment

which playtest are you taling about? the 1,2,3 files should be the playtest. My 646 build is on top of that. the mods you should put into a scenario folder (but you have to set up the scen000 files and the tgas)
                  When you say Taling, I hope you mispelled 'telling'

I've found a download that said playtest 4 or something of the sort. But I disregarded it once I read about the replies. I've been using only the 646 build. I also know it says to simply unzip in the Call To Power2 folder and click yes, but is there anyway of making it work with the modswapper?

As far as the modswapper goes I'm a bit confused on the scen000 and tgas. I've downloaded and used 2 mods that didn't overwrite any original files, So I think I should be safe there. So far the only mods I want is to enlarge my map and have more then 9 players for multi.

Also E, did you recieve my pm the other day? My internet bogged down on me and had to shut everything down before I recieved the page that the message was sent.

Comment

646 is a patch to the 1,2,3 files that might be why you are missing libraries. you have to install the 1,2,3 and then copy the 646 stuff over that.

i don't use modswapper because the scenario folders work for the AE (afaik, atleast for my civ3mod it does)

if you look in your scenarios folder you'll see the standard ctp2 ones. if you want to access mods you can set them as scenarios, but you have to have a folder with the mods' name and then (see Alex scenario as an examle) it has t have a scen000 folder where all your data goes. also it needs the tgas as seen in the alex scenario and the txt files because these are what appears whn you try to select a scenario.

nope didnt get the pm

Comment

Without the 1,2,3 and 646 everything works just fine.

With the 1,2,3 it allows me to start everything up, but when I attempt to launch the game it calls for my cd. When I put the 646 build on it simply won't start calling for files that are there.

I figure its a problem with my computer, have from the start. My question was this:

IS the libtiff3.dll suppose to be in the Call To Power 2\ctp2_program\ctp folder? Or is it a directory deeper in, like perhaps:
                      Call To Power 2\ctp2_program\ctp\dll\(folder name)

Is these files in the correct place? Later when I have time I'll reinstall the playtest 1,2,3 and the build 646 into my ctp2 and tell you all the files it calls for.

The pm was simply an apology. I was to start working on the space layer, however between moving, funeral, and other hectic business I became too busy. And after about a month of being too busy I simply had forgotten about it altogether. It wasn't until I ran across some cpt2 stuff on my computer did I remember any of it. I would still like to work on it sometime down the road. I just need to find my ctp1 cd which has been missing for 2 months now. I think I could empliment the unit for building in space easy enough. Its adding space thats going to be hard. Anyways if I do anything tangible with it you'll be the first to know.

Comment

LL,
                        nope its supopsed to be in the ctp folder not deeper. yeah you might have to do a reinstall

don't worry about the time crunch. we'd love to see the space layer but we are all volunteers so we make time when we can.

Comment

Ok here is whats currently happening. Now, those files aren't even showing up anymore. I guess I'll need to just redownload everything.

Just a couple of questions.

-Is there a mod or how do I make the maps bigger in size. I thought Apolyton pack might make the maps bigger, but it doesn't seem to do that at all.

Edit: I have been foolish and over looked a nice little thread that answers some of my questions. So the first question is pretty much void. Second question is still leaving an empty place inside me.

-How can I have more then 9 players in multiplayer? I know about changing both profiles but it doesn't effect anything in multiplayer.
                          Last edited by LordLightning; November 5, 2006, 20:27.

Comment

i dont think much has done on the multiplayer front. i tried it myself and stuck at 9.

Comment

Hi, LordLightning!

This posting should answer your second question. For getting just bigger maps you need to modify the MAP_SIZE_*SOMETHING* portions in const.txt -- to avoid the "thousand tiny islands-effect" you should also adjust some settings in map.txt. Have fun!
                              The modding knowledgebase: CTP2 Bureau (with CTP2 AE Modding Wiki). Modern Times Mod (work in progress): MoT-Mod for CTP2.

Comment

Working...
                              X