Rations-WorkDay-Wages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rations-WorkDay-Wages

Yet another question. Of course this ends up being coding but I ask them here because it may affect game play. Generally these sliders affect happiness which is kind of a dull part of the game and a little one dimensional. Also IIRC Humans exploit the happiness better than the AI. Essentially, I'm thinking of doing this:
    And I'm thinking of these as being a flag for a building (so Tamerlin doesnt have to deal with it ) although I may move it tothe const.txt (once I figure how its used)

1) Wages - A building flag that is an integer value * the number of units * the readiness coefficient * HungerGold flag (to allow variance in unit sizes like boats) * Wages.

so besides the other factors the higher your wages adds to happiness but increases the wages of your military. I intend to do this because even with my other flags gold still became a gusher and having wages + readiness allows a little flexibility

2) Workday - perhaps having it so that if your people work harder it increases their attack or defense (based on an attack or defense unit flags) this shows a more productive work culture translating to combat effectiveness. Another possibility is adding extra movement to ships for higher productivity.

3) rations - higher rations is a healthier population and i'm think of creating an HP or Armor bonus based on the higher rations. From what I've seen humans will starve their civs to get higher city growth so the adverse affect would be a little less HP for starved people.

Well thats what I'm thinking any takers? or other suggestions?
    Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

so u r saying sliders will cause other things to change? namely the military in addition to the economy and happiness... maybe thats a little much, but it helps keep them from moving too often... although it might be bad to have good things happen when the slider moves to more happiness...

if u can do it, it'll great to put in a playtest and see if it causes noticable differences

Comment

thanks HuangShang

I'm going to try, but i have a few things to do first. i'll make it flags linked to a building or a unit, so we can maintain pure games.

Comment

I think any kind of commercial military support for units is a much better idea than any production support, because it balances the resources much more.

In an ideal world id suggest moving public works tax to commerce too and change trade routes to generate commerce (instead of gold), it would help solve so many problems with game balance... this is probably a pretty big job though.
        Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
        CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
        One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

thanks Maq,

So far the tests I've had on GoldPerUnit have made an impact so if I added the wages thing I think it will be more of a question.

I'm also toying with the idea of having the unit shield (or gold)cost, which is affected by readiness, to also be affected by the overseas coefficient or something like that. Making units farther from home a bit more expensive, but i think it may pacify the AI too much.

Comment

Working...
          X