MP - Game locks up in startup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can get the Official Activision Patch at this link:

or, if you're using Windows XP, you might need the Manual Install version from here:

Just do a clean install of your original CTP2 game, then install the patch over that to bring the game up to v. 1.11.

Edit: Oh well, it seems Maq beat me to it.

Comment

Cheers guys!
      Is the bug(s) with being kicked out of the game in MP fixed with this patch?

Comment

The problem you described in the opening post (kicked on connecting) is most likely caused by different files in each of your CtP2 installations as Fromafar has just about said, at least this is what always caused the problem with my MP games when we had changed some files.

So as long as each player has identical installations you should be fine with the Activision patched version of MP.

You should also remember:

if you need to save and resume a MP game too.

Edit: Oh well, it seems Maq beat me to it.
        Hehe well at least you were more detailed.
        Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
        CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
        One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Cheers! (again)
          I'll remember to inform about the saving thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Qumad Al-Riyf The playtest I'm usin is 2005-03-04 (shown on startup screen)
            That is the correct and latest version. Both the 2004.03.05 typo link and the 2005.03.05 new link contain this version.

Is the bug(s) with being kicked out of the game in MP fixed with this patch?
            Being kicked out of the game because of a data file mismatch is not a bug. It is deliberate design.
            Being unable to host a game with Windows XP is a bug. But this is not solved in the Activision 1.11 patch. For this, you will need the 2005.03.11 anet DLLs.

Comment

Working...
            X