Where are the music files?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where are the music files?

I have asked this question about 2 years ago. I just reinstalled CtP2 and can't find the music files on the disk. I remeber someone telling me to use Winamp while playing CtP2 but can't find the files for winamp to play.

Can anyone help me? are the music files on the disk or hard drive? I belive they are on the disk since I see the cd light on all the time.

I have checked the exploer to show hidden files and I still don't see any. What am I doing wrong? What can I do to see the files if it is possible?

thanks

davor

The tracks are in CD Audio format, my version of winamp (like old 2.4 or soemthing) doesnt play the CtP2 CD Audio either.

My old copy of Jukebox does detect the CD Audio and plays it.

Windows media player plays it fine too.

Did you try the most up to date Winamp?
    Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
    CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
    One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Thanks Maquiladora, I turned on my windows mediea player and that seems to do the trick.

It just seems weird to me that I can't see the music files on exploer. I can on old music cd's but not on this one. Anyone know why?

Comment

I think it sees only data files when its mixed...
        Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

if u want the music ripped, nero or alcohol

nero music player is wat i use to play mixed tracks...

Comment

Originally posted by HuangShang
            if u want the music ripped, nero or alcohol
            ... or CDex.

Comment

O yea opensource is the software of the future...too bad games cost about 50 dollars in the US and activision still holds onto Call to Power rights

Comment

i tired using windows media palyer but it doesn't work.
                I don't seem to find the files for the music, only the track they play during the installation. And during the game the music doesn't play only the sound effetcs and the music form the wonder movies.

Plz help me because it feels kind of wierd to play with no music that goes well with the game

Comment

If you are usingthe apolyton edition windows media player will run while the game is running. so you should start the music first from there.

I've had my music play, so I havent encountered. This I guess he other option would be to rip the ctp2 music to mp3 format on your hard drive and then have the media player play those files.

Comment

I can't find the music files!!!

Comment

Are you looking in explorer? because they are in CD audo format and aren't files. I'll try to see if I can rip them tonight and tell you how I did it.

Comment

I looked for them with windiws media player and i can't find them
                        thx again

Comment

They're just regular CD audio tracks.

Comment

when i look at the wav folder (with windows media player) on the disk there are only two .wav files: button.wav and loop.wav

Then i go to the sound folder in the directory and i can't see a single wav file except a sound.zfs file.

Comment

I assume you are using XP but open windows media player
                              go to Play (to the left of File View)

select dvd, vcd or audio cd

select the drive your ctp2 is in.

then it should read as a cd

you can also rip from there by hitting rip but go to properties and make them mp3s to save space

Comment

Working...
                              X