Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Call to Power 1 -- Deity Level Solo Challenge

<b> Call to Power 1 -- Deity Level Solo Challenge:</b>

Okay, I tried. The best I could do was win it in 181 turns (1450 A.D.) You can do better, I bet. But either way, please post your results here if you try it. If you want, I'll post your results here, too. See below settings to use. Also, you don't have to play it at Deity level. You could try it with the same exact settings at any difficulty level (Chieftain to Deity). That would be interesting, too.

** Note before starting a Deity Level Solo Challenge game, take special note of the "Ruins" setting description to eliminate a bit of the luck factor that happen with "Ruins" gifts. You have to make this change before you start the game, or it won't take effect. Good Luck!

----- Settings -----

Single Player
    New Game
    Difficulty: Deity
    Map Size: Regular (randomized)
    Barbarians: Ruins Only
    ** Ruins: Off Limits -- No Entry (to disable ruins on your initial random map -- modify your C:\drive folder: ctp_data/default/gamedata/const.txt file: Set the RUINS_CHANCE_PER_BOX variable from 1.0 to 0.0)
    World Shape: Doughnut World
    Rules: Bloodlust - Off; Pollution - On
    Number of Civilizations: 5
    (1 Human Player, 4 Computer Players)

Map sliders:
    Wet/Dry 20%
    Warm/Cold 20%
    Ocean/Land 30%
    Island/Continent 80%
    Uniform/Diverse 50%
    Few/Many Goods 60%​
    Last edited by quinns; June 29, 2024, 20:01.

Moved from the Ladder-thread

​Hello Steve and Co.

Got your invitation to a Deity-competition Steve - but I'm not "Deity" in CTP anymore, so sorry.

I do have the original CD "somewhere" - I'm even pretty sure I can find it if I really try - but I just have to admit, that I have completely "fallen for" the mod to Civ4/BtS that I have written about before (Realism:Invictus).

If you didn't followed it closely yourself (as I do), you would almost think it was a lie. After more than 14 years - a skilled youngster (think he is only 'round 35-40 years old or so) is still coding seriously - not just half-heartedly.- on this mod to an even older game (how old is Civ4... 20 years or so???), I started making personal changes to it in the xml (that's the only part I'm able to "understand"/change). So it keeps me "busy" - at least I'm not bored......​​​
    First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win.

Gandhi

Comment

Hey BirdMan! Good to hear from you! Okay, I think I understood. You need a bribe to play CTP 1. Right? LOL -- No, you are into Civ4 BtS and are modding that to be more real -- like CTP 1!! By the way, I think you would be surprised how easily you could still beat Deity level solo in CTP 1. You never forget CTP1, not really -- It's like riding a bike. I'd be curious how fast you beat Deity level with those above settings -- if you find your CD somewhere. [Edit] You know, you don't have to play it at Deity level. You could try it with the same exact settings at any difficulty level (Chieftain to Deity). That would be interesting, too.
      Last edited by quinns; June 29, 2024, 19:53.

Comment

This was the email I sent out to my Contact List CTP players. About 1/3 of the addresses made it through the MAILER DEMON (scary!)

Hey CTP Challengers! Check this out Apolyton.net Call to Power 1 -- Deity Level Solo Challenge - Apolyton Civilization Site if you're interested in playing a Deity Level Solo Challenge game in CTP 1. Yeah, I know, I'm still playing this game... I have no life! Ha ha. Well, I sort of DO have a life, but this is life too ... Isn't it?​

Comment

New record! (Like anyone really cares.) Defeated the "Deity Level Solo Challenge" at turn 155!! Woohoo! Droppin' the mike.
          Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	1 Size:	871.9 KB ID:	9473497​
          Last edited by quinns; July 19, 2024, 16:20.

Comment

Working...
          X