Teleevangalist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teleevangalist

Which units are able to see a teleevangalist ? It is invisible to spies, diplos an laywers. The cleric was visible using diplos and slavers.

------------------
    Better killing for the future
    Don't eat the yellow snow.

Any unit with VISIBILITY_CLASS_3. For example Corporate Branch or Subneural Add.
    ...anything else would be unCivilized...

Comment

In that case, lawyers should work too, but he said that it doesn't. Personally, I have never seen an AI use a televangelist against me.

Comment

VISIBILITY_CLASS_3 ?? Some units are more invisible than others, right? I think I am beginning to understand it now. I knew that special units were divided into three classes (terror, subversive and trade) and that some of the classes were invisible to others, but i didnt know that they had different levels of invisibility. It makes perfect sense though, modern special units should be harder to spot.

I guess the televangalists will remain invisible until i build a cyber ninja. As the AI is a 'bit' weak on the tactical level, the televangalist is no big problem, just a minor annoyance.

Comment

bongo, if you open Units.txt file under "special flags" you will notice lines VISIBILITY_Class_ and VISIBILITY_CAN_SEE_ - hope it helps
          [This message has been edited by MapleLeaf (edited April 11, 2000).]
          ...anything else would be unCivilized...

Comment

The televangelist is actually a "trade" unit - it can be seen by lawyers and corp branches.

They are also visible to radar - all units show up on the radar map if they are in range, regardless of their visibilty class (subs, stealth subs, subneural ads, spies, slavers, etc...). Thus, GlobeSat or radar towers can be very valuable when facing non-conventional units.

Comment

wheathin :
              Are you sure ? I had both lawyers and corp. branches around but they didn't see anything.

------------------
              Better killing for the future

Comment

I could be wrong - it's been awhile since I mucked around with the text files, and I don't build televangelists.

You can check by seeing who else has the same vision class: lawyers or spies.

Comment

Working...
                X