MAX_MOVEMENT points inquiry?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MAX_MOVEMENT points inquiry?

Ok, I see that the MAX_MOVEMENT has like a # assigned ranging from Leviathan @ 10 to Warrior @ 100 to Fusion Tank @ 800. What does that mean?

Is it to do with certain terrains amounting to certain figures? Perhaps not, because Leviathan lumbers along 1 space at a time. But Fusion gets around pretty well, albeit by the time you have them you should make use of George Jetson's Maglev system

I was wondering if someone could explain this in laymans term's as to what the dimensions of a square are in the game. The Max_Movement (from information gathered in the Call To Power Scenario Design Article by John Bytheway, last updated 2001/09/05 version0.81 which is an immense help i may add!) shows movement (1 turn) (100th of Squares).
    I am trying to figure out how that equates as in actual tiles, because 10 for Leviathan doesnt mean 1 and 100 for warrior doesnt mean 10 movements.

Thanks for any/all help!

Troll-Da Wanna-B-Modder!
    Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

It's exactly what you think. MAX_MOVEMENT means the number of movement points per turn. It takes 100 points to cross a grassland tile, 200 for forest, 50 for river, etc. So it's the same system as you're used to except the numbers are multiplied by 100. A Warrior has a standard movement of 1, a Leviathan has a very low movement value of 0.1, a Tank has 8 movement points.
    Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Locutus
      It's exactly what you think. MAX_MOVEMENT means the number of movement points per turn. It takes 100 points to cross a grassland tile, 200 for forest, 50 for river, etc. So it's the same system as you're used to except the numbers are multiplied by 100. A Warrior has a standard movement of 1, a Leviathan has a very low movement value of 0.1, a Tank has 8 movement points.
      I AM Learning, Thanks my friend!

I gotta tell you, this whole scenario making is too great!

BUT, its tiedious and time consuming and ##TEST##**EDIT**##TEST##**EDIT**...but well worth it, the more i look,ask and learn the better off I am gonna be!

Thanks, this gives me some direction, now..if only I can make time for learning SLIC perhaps..perhaps...

Troll
      Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

NP.

Yup, scenario making is fun, though sometimes tedious. But as you get more experienced you will have to rely less on testing and the tedium will get less (though never disappear altogether)...

Focus on the regular text file editing first. SLIC is cool but a LOT more complicated than editing the text files

Comment

I'm glad you're finding my Guide handy . Remember to tell me if you find any errors or you have any suggestions for improvement.

Locutus: You know, you're very efficient at answering questions around here for someone who doesn't play CTP (much) .

Comment

Yeah, I guess that Swiss cheese in my head which most people would call a memory sometimes does work okay

Comment

Working...
            X