Help. No multiplayer with Cable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it onboard or installed ie PCI?
    “The Communist Manifesto was correct…but…we see the privileges of the capitalist bourgeoisie yielding…to democratic organizations…In my judgment…success lies in a steady [peaceful] advance…[rather]…than in…a catastrophic crash."Eduard Bernstein
    Or do we?

Comment

It's a SohoWare USB connector
      Ash nazg dubratuluk
      ash nazg gimbatul
      ash nazg trakutaluk
      agh burmuz-ishi krimpatul

Comment

This weekend I formatted the hard disk, installed XP and then installed CTP. Unfortunately it did not help (cry, cry, cry).
        Franses (like Ramses).

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Viper

How would we do that?

control panel, under modems. If it says you need to dial up. It sounds like CTP is trying to use your default dial-up modem

if all else fails, call your cable provider and demand some kind of advice.

Comment

We cannot find any modem and its only ctp that doesnt work
            Ash nazg dubratuluk
            ash nazg gimbatul
            ash nazg trakutaluk
            agh burmuz-ishi krimpatul

Comment

it may help
              “The Communist Manifesto was correct…but…we see the privileges of the capitalist bourgeoisie yielding…to democratic organizations…In my judgment…success lies in a steady [peaceful] advance…[rather]…than in…a catastrophic crash."Eduard Bernstein
              Or do we?

Comment

Pishaw this explains alot, ps winxp is crap wait for winxp se
                Or do we?

Comment

Conection

Cable modem is not a dial-up connection. It is a network in principle. You will not be able to use the internet connection. With cable you only have lan/wan connection unless you can get a direct connection to the internet, but I doubt it. If you want high speed you need dsl inorder to have a dial up connection.

Comment

If you have Windows configured to automatically dial when you access the Internet, choosing the TCP/IP LAN transport will cause your modem to dial, even though you're only accessing the LAN. To work around this problem, either click "Cancel" when the Windows Internet dialup dialog box comes up, or disable automatic dialing by checking "Connect to the Internet using a local area network" (which will uncheck "Connect to the Internet using a modem") in Control Panel/Internet/Connection.
                    Or do we?

Comment

Good news

We have good news. First we connected the Soho adapter to one of our Windows 98 machines. It did not immediately connect to the Internet so we defined in Internet Explorer/Internet options/LAN settings "Auto detect settings". After that the W98 machine connected to the Internet and........ YES, also to the CTP servers.

I than took a long shot and defined the same auto detect settings in XP. I remembered from installation that that had not been necessary to connect to the Internet. Indeed, the box was not checked. I checked it, started CTP and IT ALL WORKED.

Thanks to all of you who helped us out here. It gave us a warm feeling knowing that you were all thinking along with us and coming up again and again with new, good ideas.

So it looks we are back again

We only need to install a new servers.dat file because we only found the us1 server and could not get into the lobby. I assume however that that is a totally different problem. Thanks again, guys. Get frightened since we will crush you.
                      Franses (like Ramses).

Comment

Working...
                      X